Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Defense stepped up big time today.

zibby43

Granted it was Hoyer and the Browns but still, the offense dug the defense a hole and the defense managed to prevent that hole from getting any deeper.

And . . . another encouraging sign is that this defensive performance was turned in WITHOUT Vontae Davis, one of the best CBs in the league this year.

Offense was discombobulated and defense was on point, for the most part.

And how about the GOAT - Josh Gordy - sealing the win with an INT?

Defense ruled this game! Clevleand gave the Colts trouble, but everything worked out in the end. It was a good game, exciting right to the last minute. The penatly at the end which gave the Browns 15 yards could have been disastrous. I'm glad they didn't capitlaize on it.

Defense ruled this game! Clevleand gave the Colts trouble, but everything worked out in the end. It was a good game, exciting right to the last minute. The penatly at the end which gave the Browns 15 yards could have been disastrous. I'm glad they didn't capitlaize on it.

Defense played pretty well for the most part in this game. The game would have been way out of hand given the way the offense was playing if it weren't for the great defensive game.

Agreed.

Defense played pretty well for the most part in this game. The game would have been way out of hand given the way the offense was playing if it weren't for the great defensive game.

So you give our D credit for stopping the Browns, but blame our offense rather than give credit to the Browns D? I thought the Browns D played better than ours. Small point, but it works both ways.

So you give our D credit for stopping the Browns, but blame our offense rather than give credit to the Browns D? I thought the Browns D played better than ours. Small point, but it works both ways.

Well yeah, the Browns D did play well and they deserve credit, but for most of the game the Colts offense was completely out of sorts. Dropped balls, turnovers, just lack of execution overall. Part of it was the Browns D and part of it was the offense shooting itself in the foot.

Without question, yes they had some help from the fact that the Browns don't have a starting QB or if they do he's sitting on the bench.  Still the defense did a very good job against the Browns running game and got to Hoyer and since they were playing with out Davis it's hard to complain much about the secondary, anytime your starting QB gives up more points then your defense your defense had a good day. 

Granted it was Hoyer and the Browns but still, the offense dug the defense a hole and the defense managed to prevent that hole from getting any deeper.

And . . . another encouraging sign is that this defensive performance was turned in WITHOUT Vontae Davis, one of the best CBs in the league this year.

Offense was discombobulated and defense was on point, for the most part.

And how about the GOAT - Josh Gordy - sealing the win with an INT?

The Browns were 7-5 and in the thick of their division and the playoff race coming into this game don't really get it was just the Browns.

The offense hasn't looked good in weeks. We turn the ball over way to much don't remember the last time we played a clean game maybe the NYG. We are talking like 3 turnovers a game. It hasn't been easy on the D in weeks.

The Browns were 7-5 and in the thick of their division and the playoff race coming into this game don't really get it was just the Browns.

The offense hasn't looked good in weeks. We turn the ball over way to much don't remember the last time we played a clean game maybe the NYG. We are talking like 3 turnovers a game. It hasn't been easy on the D in weeks.

Even if it was "just the Browns" they always play the Colts hard up there, the Colts have now won five in a row there by a total of 14 points.  Better Colts have played worse Browns teams and had close games too.  So I am with you in dismissing the "it's just the Browns argument."

I do think the offense played very well in the second half last week.  Still a slow start but they did play well in the second half.  The Colts need to solve the turnover bug though. 

Even if it was "just the Browns" they always play the Colts hard up there, the Colts have now won five in a row there by a total of 14 points.  Better Colts have played worse Browns teams and had close games too.  So I am with you in dismissing the "it's just the Browns argument."

I do think the offense played very well in the second half last week.  Still a slow start but they did play well in the second half.  The Colts need to solve the turnover bug though. 

Agree with all especially the turnovers we aren't going to keep getting away with coughing it up 3x a game.

Giving away that Philly game looks like it is going to haunt us in playoff seeding. I don't expect to lose again in the regular season.