Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New England (+3) @ Green Bay (11-30-14)

oldunclemark

Yup. Gotta go get him. Easier said than done given how mobile he is, but it's still a better option than sitting back letting him tear the secondary apart.

Rodgers probably won't get rattled even if you pound him all night. HOWEVER, you can still disrupt plays and limit the damage by not giving him all day...that's just suicide. Rodgers and Brady are the two guys you simply can't give all day to or they will ruin you by hitting whoever comes open 99% of the time.

Everybody gets rattled if they are getting hit and pressured a lot. NE will bring more blitz packages if they meet again but wont change drastically because they don't need to and they should have Jones. Despite the yards they did mostly what they wanted but the Nelson TD screw up hurt big time. The Packers can't play a better game but the Patriots can play a much better game and will...and BB knows it. 

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's playing on the video board isn't what's seen on TV 100% of the time. 

I seriously doubt they cut to a shot of Brady live on the sidelines at that exact moment. 

No but it got the attention of the power rankings LOL

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000437856/article/nfl-power-rankings-week-14-green-bay-packers-rise-to-no-1

"Yes, the Patriots lost at  Lambeau. Big whoopie. What a game. If Sunday was a Super Bowl preview, then we are due for a much better matchup than the last time these two franchises faced off on Super Sunday. On another note, Tom Brady's visceral reaction when Randall Cobb caught the game-clinching first down showed you precisely why he's the best quarterback the NFL has seen since Joe Montana hung 'em up 20 years ago."

Well, not everyone can be as in control and well spoken as everyone here is all the time. :hairout:  :rant:  :hissy:  :argh:  :flaming:  :cuss:  :censored2:

Honestly, I've seen people who are not football players and who I would never expect to utter such things........cut loose with a string of expletives when they are very riled.

It happens and it also happens with Colts players.

We all should make an effort but we are none of us perfect.

True story, my nephew has taken up heavy metal music and on thanksgiving the guys were jamming and he had a hard time coming up with something he knew that was 'thanksgiving friendly'

And he's been home schooled in a very christian home.

But there were other words that he didn't know.  He asked what 'repertoire' meant and my other nephew said "That's french for songs you know"

I'm still laughing about that one.

I dropped an :censored2:  when talking to my aunt and cousin on Thanksgiving. I don't think we were even talking about anything to crazy, but couldn't help saying  :cuss: before shoving a handful of turkey in my mouth to stop any other bad words from popping out. Cussing is like a second language to me, but not on the holidays. As far as Brady dropping a few choice words on the sideline after losing I have no problem with it since it shows he has heart... and I don't think it is too smart to go shoving a camera, or mic in a players face after such an emotional deal is smart. None the less, I'd rather see that from a player than stuff like Mark Sanchez is known for like eating hot dogs.

mark-sanchez-hot-dog-o.gif

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000437856/article/nfl-power-rankings-week-14-green-bay-packers-rise-to-no-1

"Yes, the Patriots lost at  Lambeau. Big whoopie. What a game. If Sunday was a Super Bowl preview, then we are due for a much better matchup than the last time these two franchises faced off on Super Sunday. On another note, Tom Brady's visceral reaction when Randall Cobb caught the game-clinching first down showed you precisely why he's the best quarterback the NFL has seen since Joe Montana hung 'em up 20 years ago."

Good job thrwoing the since in there because Joe Montana can say something not many other can... and that is he never lost when it counted the most. Joe will always be the best in my book no matter what.

montana_profile_main.jpg

montana_feature2.gif

That was my thought pretty much with point #2. When I saw his reaction to that play, I thought man, that is exactly how I feel too. lol. Perhaps his one of his best attributes is his competitive drive.

Total exaggeration, as usual. "Stomping back and forth?" Please. 

He dropped F-bombs, yes. He was angry at himself and the offense for coming up short on their final drive. I saw an angry athlete. You apparently saw something else. 

Again, more hater nonsense. The cameras found Brady, not the other way around. 

I guess, though, you don't mind having QBs who are accustomed to losing big games.

lol. Love your last sentence.

I have always loved Brady's emotion. When I saw his reaction, I thought back to the KC game and how listless he looked in defeat. At the time, I said to husband, at least last year Brady was on the sideline yelling at his receivers. I would rather have that then have him sitting by himself on the bench looking up at the sky as if the situation is hopeless. I would go as far as to say that his sideline demeanor the first four games is what fueled the media into thinking he had a rift with his coaches.

Then of course came the Bengals game where he was on fire that first drive and set the tone with three rushes. From that point on, he was back to being the emotional leader of this team. And that is what they need him to be. So, I will gladly take a few foul words from him especially in that situation vs having him look like Jay Cutler out there. lol. The rest of the comments on this thread about it is just non-sense. And I have to say surprising given the Pats lost as I would have thought most folks would have been reveling in that but I guess it always comes back to Brady. ;)

I dropped an :censored2:  when talking to my aunt and cousin on Thanksgiving. I don't think we were even talking about anything to crazy, but couldn't help saying  :cuss: before shoving a handful of turkey in my mouth to stop any other bad words from popping out. Cussing is like a second language to me, but not on the holidays. As far as Brady dropping a few choice words on the sideline after losing I have no problem with it since it shows he has heart... and I don't think it is too smart to go shoving a camera, or mic in a players face after such an emotional deal is smart. None the less, I'd rather see that from a player than stuff like Mark Sanchez is known for like eating hot dogs.

mark-sanchez-hot-dog-o.gif

Agree about the media giving us something to fight about

lol about you on thanks giving

My mom told me she was so relieved when her kids were finally grown........and she didn't have to worry about slipups any more.  Even she can use expletives and she's just a darling little lady

On the other hand, my little brother almost never ever swears..........but when he does.........it makes us laugh because it just doesn't seem right coming from his mouth

How does it show again?.

All players hate to lose, I'm sure. But almost everyone who's ever played with or against Brady has said that they've never seen anyone with more of a competitive drive. He's the guy who freaks out when he loses a friendly game of bar room pool, or some other (in the big picture) meaningless thing. 

If he weren't a professional athlete it would probably be an annoying trait for those around him!

Bottom line is that the object of playing the game is to win the game. Nobody - including Montana - has done that better than Brady has over the course of his NFL career. Best winning percentage by a mile. The Patriots could go 0-16 next season and he'd still have a big lead in that category. 

(Cue the "team wins" and "it's all Belichick" comments, lol...) 

All players hate to lose, I'm sure. But almost everyone who's ever played with or against Brady has said that they've never seen anyone with more of a competitive drive. He's the guy who freaks out when he loses a friendly game of bar room pool, or some other (in the big picture) meaningless thing.

If he weren't a professional athlete it would probably be an annoying trait for those around him!

Bottom line is that the object of playing the game is to win the game. Nobody - including Montana - has done that better than Brady has over the course of his NFL career. Best winning percentage by a mile. The Patriots could go 0-16 next season and he'd still have a big lead in that category.

Yeah T E A M as in team

I don't know if he still does but he used to play ping pong with the Oline. He usally won but if he didn't he was po'd :) Competition is competition.

The problem with Brady is sometimes he has the wrong attitude and a bad attitude.  Yes, it sucks to lose.  But during the Chiefs game Brady checked out and gave up.  He's a drag on his team when he does that.  They pulled him and they put Jimmy in and that created a new spark in the Pats' offense.  If the Pats wouldn't have blown out the Bengals the following week I was hoping for a QB change.

The problem with Brady is when things don't go his way he acts like a brat and throws his WR's under the bus.  Also, he doesn't have enough patience with his receivers.  He's not good at developing rookie WR's IMO.  He doesn't have the patience for it at this time in his career.

The problem with Brady is sometimes he has the wrong attitude and a bad attitude.  Yes, it sucks to lose.  But during the Chiefs game Brady checked out and gave up.  He's a drag on his team when he does that.  They pulled him and they put Jimmy in and that created a new spark in the Pats' offense.  If the Pats wouldn't have blown out the Bengals the following week I was hoping for a QB change.

The problem with Brady is when things don't go his way he acts like a brat and throws his WR's under the bus.  Also, he doesn't have enough patience with his receivers.  He's not good at developing rookie WR's IMO.  He doesn't have the patience for it at this time in his career.

You're batting 1000 here. First, your post about Belichick saving his game plan vs the Packers in case they meet in the Super Bowl and now this drivel about Brady. It would be a lot more honest of you to just say you hate the Patriots then trying to justify this ridiculous position ....

Yeah T E A M as in team

He's the only constant, Shane. Yes they've always had solid teams and good coaching. But the player on any team who has the biggest impact on wins and losses is the QB. There's been a rotating cast of players around him over the years but the results are almost always the same. 

LOL... what? When has Brady EVER thrown his teammates under the bus? Patently false statement there dude. I challenge you to find ONE source/link/quote that substantiates this garbage.

Look I will be the first to admit, Brady and Belichick both often fall squarely into the "bad loser" category. When they lose games, they're curt, emotional, etc. Brady exhibits a lot of that emotion on the sidelines, and Belichick is often not gracious in defeat, both to opponents and the media.

But you have to understand, that's what drives them, and that's why they've won games at an historic rate. Do you have any concept of how far ahead Brady is in career winning percentage for QBs? 

I don't want my coach and my QB to be "accepting" of failure. I want to see the competitive fires burning all the time. 

Like Vince Lombardi said, "Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser." 

He's the only constant, Shane. Yes they've always had solid teams and good coaching. But the player on any team who has the biggest impact on wins and losses is the QB. There's been a rotating cast of players around him over the years but the results are almost always the same.

QB has the bigger impact. However it's the complementary pieces which are everything.

If John Fox was coaching Brady for 14 years, I guarantee the results won't be the same.

You're batting 1000 here. First, your post about Belichick saving his game plan vs the Packers in case they meet in the Super Bowl and now this drivel about Brady. It would be a lot more honest of you to just say you hate the Patriots then trying to justify this ridiculous position ....

I would hope that Belichick and Josh McDaniels were smarter than that game plan they put forth sunday against the Packers.  Not barely running the ball against one of the worst run defenses in the NFL when they have Blount and Gray to use but instead using Brandon Bolden.  And not taking full advantage of Wright or Tyms, and throwing Dobson out there.  Their offensive game plan wasn't to win, but not to lose.  A brilliant coach doesn't put forth such a conservative game plan while playing an explosive Packers team.

And "IF" the Patriots threw everything they had including the kitchen sink at the Packers last sunday then you better hope the Pats don't face the Packers in the SB if both teams end up there.  Because GB will be even more explosive indoors.  Rodgers numbers indoors is ridiculous.

Whatever personal grudge Belichick has against Gray he better get over it.  His alarm clock didn't go off.  Stop destroying the guy's career over one missed practice, especially after running for 200+ yards against the Colts.  Give him the damn ball you grumpy baby.  And if Belichick wasn't holding anything back you know damn well that Blount and Gray would be running over the Packers, and Wright would be in the game plan catching TD's in the red zone and Tyms would be down field.

And the first 4 games Brady was a head case.  Part of it was his fault as he was only targeting Edelman and Gronk out of spite.  There was some personal things going on behind the scenes between Brady, McDaniels, Dobson and Thompkins.  And part of it was the offensive line too.  If the Pats were to have lost against the Bengals and Jets you'd be seeing Jimmy G as the Pats QB the last 5 weeks.

QB has the bigger impact. However it's the complementary pieces which are everything.

If John Fox was coaching Brady for 14 years, I guarantee the results won't be the same.

You're probably right about that. But can't you ask that question of virtually every successful coach/QB combo in the history of the sport? 

What would Bart Starr have been without Lombardi?

Montana without Walsh?

Unitas without Ewbank? 

Staubach without Landry? 

Dealing in hypotheticals for the purpose of building up one guy or tearing down another is a pointless and misguided strategy. This is the same to me as the, "If Manning played for Belichick he would have won a bazillion rings" garbage that people come up with sometimes. 

There was some personal things going on behind the scenes between Brady, McDaniels, Dobson and Thompkins.  And part of it was the offensive line too.  If the Pats were to have lost against the Bengals and Jets you'd be seeing Jimmy G as the Pats QB the last 5 weeks.

Comedy. 

:clap:

LOL... what? When has Brady EVER thrown his teammates under the bus? Patently false statement there dude. I challenge you to find ONE source/link/quote that substantiates this garbage.

Look I will be the first to admit, Brady and Belichick both often fall squarely into the "bad loser" category. When they lose games, they're curt, emotional, etc. Brady exhibits a lot of that emotion on the sidelines, and Belichick is often not gracious in defeat, both to opponents and the media.

But you have to understand, that's what drives them, and that's why they've won games at an historic rate. Do you have any concept of how far ahead Brady is in career winning percentage for QBs? 

I don't want my coach and my QB to be "accepting" of failure. I want to see the competitive fires burning all the time. 

Like Vince Lombardi said, "Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser." 

I hope you're not another Boston Dennis & Callahan type that worships Brady and think nothing is his fault.

And "throwing teammates under the bus" can mean many things.  Brady doesn't have to publicly in front of the media trash his teammates.  What he can do is throw tantrums and yell at them on the sidelines on live tv blaming them for everything.  Mark Jackson called him out on that.

Are you going to be able to handle the day when Brady is no longer the QB?  I hope you're not going to crawl up in the fetal position crying like a baby when the Pats trade him because it's coming sooner rather than later.

Get ready for Jimmy G next year!  :-)

I would hope that Belichick and Josh McDaniels were smarter than that game plan they put forth sunday against the Packers.  Not barely running the ball against one of the worst run defenses in the NFL when they have Blount and Gray to use but instead using Brandon Bolden.  And not taking full advantage of Wright or Tyms, and throwing Dobson out there.  Their offensive game plan wasn't to win, but not to lose.  A brilliant coach doesn't put forth such a conservative game plan while playing an explosive Packers team.

And "IF" the Patriots threw everything they had including the kitchen sink at the Packers last sunday then you better hope the Pats don't face the Packers in the SB if both teams end up there.  Because GB will be even more explosive indoors.  Rodgers numbers indoors is ridiculous.

Whatever personal grudge Belichick has against Gray he better get over it.  His alarm clock didn't go off.  Stop destroying the guy's career over one missed practice, especially after running for 200+ yards against the Colts.  Give him the damn ball you grumpy baby.  And if Belichick wasn't holding anything back you know damn well that Blount and Gray would be running over the Packers, and Wright would be in the game plan catching TD's in the red zone and Tyms would be down field.

And the first 4 games Brady was a head case.  Part of it was his fault as he was only targeting Edelman and Gronk out of spite.  There was some personal things going on behind the scenes between Brady, McDaniels, Dobson and Thompkins.  And part of it was the offensive line too.  If the Pats were to have lost against the Bengals and Jets you'd be seeing Jimmy G as the Pats QB the last 5 weeks.

And then you hit reply and post this? Oh boy ...

I hope you're not another Boston Dennis & Callahan type that worships Brady and think nothing is his fault.

And "throwing teammates under the bus" can mean many things.  Brady doesn't have to publicly in front of the media trash his teammates.  What he can do is throw tantrums and yell at them on the sidelines on live tv blaming them for everything.  Mark Jackson called him out on that.

Are you going to be able to handle the day when Brady is no longer the QB?  I hope you're not going to crawl up in the fetal position crying like a baby when the Pats trade him because it's coming sooner rather than later.

Brady hate is at all time high this week. You would have thought he destroyed the Packers by some of the posts on this thread ...

Comedy. 

:clap:

More denial.  There's a good reason why Thompkins is no longer with the team and why Belichick had to issue a late bizarre statement on the reason why Dobson had been benched about the controversy between him and Daniels.

The only thing that saved the Patriots in that situation is they're the best team in the NFL at keeping things secret and in house.  But we all know there was big problems in the Patriots organization during the first 4 games.  Heck, Brady himself confided in Steve Young and Trent Dilfer and used them to take it to the media for him...

@ 1:09 in the video...

Yes, the Patriots are the greatest team in the history of man kind.  They will win the rest of their games by blowouts and win the Super Bowl by 5 td's over who they play.

Patriots will go into SD and win 50 to 9 next sunday.

Who is your team?

HA! This is a ton of fun buddy, but I don't speak crazy. So I'm not sure how much longer we can go on with this. 

I am, most certainly, not a fanboy. I pick on Brady's fruity off-the-field behavior, probably more than most opposing fans do. (Because quite frankly, I don't care what he does off the field as long as it's not criminal.) 

I criticize him when he deserves it.

What will I do when it ends? When Brady retires or is traded?

I'll root for the new guy. That's what we do around here. I'd always wish Brady well, except when he's playing the Patriots, but it's about the name on the front of the jersey, not the back. 

If that day comes... IF... it will not be in 2015. 

So do us all a favor and stop making up wildly speculative, patently false crap.  :thmup:

More denial.  There's a good reason why Thompkins is no longer with the team and why Belichick had to issue a late bizarre statement on the reason why Dobson had been benched about the controversy between him and Daniels.

The only thing that saved the Patriots in that situation is they're the best team in the NFL at keeping things secret and in house.  But we all know there was big problems in the Patriots organization during the first 4 games.  Heck, Brady himself confided in Steve Young and Trent Dilfer and used them to take it to the media for him...

@ 1:09 in the video...

So troubles with Dobson (inactive for several games this season) and Thompkins (ditto, then cut) - BOTH OF WHOM ARE PLAYERS WITH A MINIMAL, IF ANY, ROLE ON THE TEAM IN 2014 - were causing the Patriots to fracture internally?

The "comedy" comment was directed toward your speculation that they were two more losses away from starting Garoppolo. Because yeah, that would be consistent with what Belichick does, and has always done. Go to the raw, inexperienced player in a time of desperation. 

Tell us honestly, are you just trolling?

So troubles with Dobson (inactive for several games this season) and Thompkins (ditto, then cut) - BOTH OF WHOM ARE PLAYERS WITH A MINIMAL, IF ANY, ROLE ON THE TEAM IN 2014 - were causing the Patriots to fracture internally?

The "comedy" comment was directed toward your speculation that they were two more losses away from starting Garoppolo. Because yeah, that would be consistent with what Belichick does, and has always done. Go to the raw, inexperienced player in a time of desperation. 

Tell us honestly, are you just trolling?

You are better than me for even taking the time to respond. Well done. 

HA! This is a ton of fun buddy, but I don't speak crazy. So I'm not sure how much longer we can go on with this. 

I am, most certainly, not a fanboy. I pick on Brady's fruity off-the-field behavior, probably more than most opposing fans do. (Because quite frankly, I don't care what he does off the field as long as it's not criminal.) 

I'll root for the new guy. That's what we do around here. I'd always wish Brady well, except when he's playing the Patriots, but it's about the name on the front of the jersey, not the back. 

So do us all a favor and stop making up wildly speculative, patently false crap.  :thmup:

Hey Callahan, Brady will not be in a Pats uniform in 2015.  :-)

If you think Brady will play for under $10 mil a year you're nuts.  If you think Belichick and Kraft will give Brady a 4 year deal when he's 38 keeping him till he's 41 making him in the top 3 highest paid QB's you're nuts.

He's gone after 2015.  Especially if teams offer multiple draft picks for him.

Hey Callahan, Brady will not be in a Pats uniform in 2015.  :-)

If you think Brady will play for under $10 mil a year you're nuts.  If you think Belichick and Kraft will give Brady a 4 year deal when he's 38 keeping him till he's 41 making him in the top 3 highest paid QB's you're nuts.

He's gone after 2015.  Especially if teams offer multiple draft picks for him.

So crazypants, now I'm not following you because you're contradicting yourself. 

Are we talking 2015? Or beyond that? Brady "will not be in a Pats uniform in 2015" followed by, "He's gone after 2015."

Brady's salary is a huge bargain in the coming years, yes. But that was the result of a heavily front-loaded contract and bonuses. He's never been "about the money" and he's married to one of the wealthiest women in the world. 

I'm not saying he'll play out his career here. There are no guarantees at all. But there are examples of it both ways. Guys like Bledsoe, Milloy, Law, McGinest, Seymour, most recently Mankins... they left in free agency or were traded elsewhere. Guys like Bruschi, Troy Brown, Matt Light, Kevin Faulk... they played for the Patriots and no one else. 

Considering he's probably the current runner-up for MVP of the league, I don't think Brady's level-of-play is going to fall off that drastically that Belichick shows him the door. 

Again, who is your team?

I am a Pats fan.  But nothing I detest more in sports than homer fans who stay in denial.  And being critical of one's team is a good thing and it's being a realist.

The best thing I saw in a long time was when Brady was pulled during the Chiefs game and he was standing alone on the sidelines and Jimmy was put in and drove right down the field and scored a TD and all the players were high fiving him.  One, I knew Jimmy is the future and will do a great job real soon.  And two, it's a big middle finger to all the Dennis & Callahan's out there who I detest who sniff Brady's jock strap. 

I am a Pats fan.  But nothing I detest more in sports than homer fans who stay in denial.  And being critical of one's team is a good thing and it's being a realist.

The best thing I saw in a long time was when Brady was pulled during the Chiefs game and he was standing alone on the sidelines and Jimmy was put in and drove right down the field and scored a TD and all the players were high fiving him.  One, I knew Jimmy is the future and will do a great job real soon.  And two, it's a big middle finger to all the Dennis & Callahan's out there who I detest who sniff Brady's jock strap. 

Sorry, I am going to call bunk on this. Your over the top criticism of the team means you are a faux fan.

So you came to a Colts forum to "find" Patriots fans to scold them for being homers? Makes sense.