Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hate to say it, the Patriots from the AFC are favorites to win the SB

chad72

But Green bay can score.

Revis will shut Jordy Nelson down and the Packers' O-line will have enough dents caused by the Pats' D-line. Packers will be limited to less than 30 points, I can bet against the Patriots defense while the Patriots put up just over 30 to win the game.

Unless you believe the Packers' D that stopped the Mighty Sanchez and the Jekyll-and-Hyde (more Hyde at Lambeau Field) Jay Cutler is a world beater.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Revis will shut Jordy Nelson down and the Packers' O-line will have enough dents caused by the Pats' D-line. Packers will be limited to less than 30 points, I can bet against the Patriots defense while the Patriots put up just over 30 to win the game.

Will be a good game. I am leaning towards Green bay.

Same here, although the Patriots defense is legit. At Lambeau, though, so the Packers will have a good home field advantage.

I'll say Packers by 3.

After watching the Patriots shut down the two best offenses in the AFC, I think they will fair well in GB even with Rodgers playing like a maniac. I don't see the GB defense stopping the Pats offense either. Weather could be a factor too.

Same here, although the Patriots defense is legit. At Lambeau, though, so the Packers will have a good home field advantage.

I'll say Packers by 3.

If they have to lose a game, it would be good to lose that one. (Non-conference, etc.) 

Packers are awful tough to stop at home. Unless anything changes in the next couple of weeks, I'd lean toward Green Bay in that one too. If the Patriots do manage to win it, it will have to be a shootout. 

If they have to lose a game, it would be good to lose that one. (Non-conference, etc.) 

Packers are awful tough to stop at home. Unless anything changes in the next couple of weeks, I'd lean toward Green Bay in that one too. If the Patriots do manage to win it, it will have to be a shootout. 

I dunno. After watching the Pats handle the two top offenses in the AFC, I don't see GB as that big of a challenge. Not sure there is a ton to fear there beyond Jordie Nelson and their run game. I do think you have to take into consideration that their latest home wins were against Chicago, a team that is in complete disarray and the Sanchez led Eagles who did his best butt fumble impersonation on Sunday. That GB defense really does not strike a lot of fear either. I think it will be close but I can see the Pats winning it just based on recent form. They have been destroying much better competition than the Packers have.

I dunno. After watching the Pats handle the two top offenses in the AFC, I don't see GB as that big of a challenge. Not sure there is a ton to fear there beyond Jordie Nelson and their run game. I do think you have to take into consideration that their latest home wins were against Chicago, a team that is in complete disarray and the Sanchez led Eagles who did his best butt fumble impersonation on Sunday. That GB defense really does not strike a lot of fear either. I think it will be close but I can see the Pats winning it just based on recent form. They have been destroying much better competition than the Packers have.

I hear ya, I just think that for the last few weeks, Rodgers has been playing at a level higher than Luck or Manning. They're not at Gillette and Rodgers has more experience than Luck, so it'll be a tough challenge! 

I hear ya, I just think that for the last few weeks, Rodgers has been playing at a level higher than Luck or Manning. They're not at Gillette and Rodgers has more experience than Luck, so it'll be a tough challenge! 

Yeah, he has been playing well since his "r-e-l-a-x" comment. ;)

Look at this crazy stat though, http://www.boston.com/blogs/sports/columnists/kaufman/2014/11/patriots_okay_for_you_to_take_lions_for_granted.html

the Pats are 13-0 vs the NFC North since 2000 and the last time they went to Lambeau in 2006 they won 36-0 vs Favre. :)

I dunno Rodgers is playing lights out lately and is more dangerous than Manning or Luck. Green Bay also has a lot of top players on defense, including some top pass rushers in Peppers and Mathews

I guess if you throw enough spaghetti at the wall, something will eventually stick, right? :)

nope, I'm making a definitive statement. I'm not hemming and hawing and going -gee whiz,50-50 on the fence anything can happen,heres my prediction but I don't really know, so people think I'm football smart bla bla"

I've made 3 statements that aren't out of the question yet. Plus it should be very absurd for a team to constantly change personal and go deep in the playoffs for 14 straight years in the first place. Especially with a  bunch of no name white wide receivers and running backs LOL

I think they will have some trouble with Detroit this week because that d Line is something nasty . On the other hand I can't see Matt Stafford doing much , he's erratic with the ball and will have 2int's at least Sunday . If Lions can create some havoc on Tom it'll might be close . Now I do believe they'll lose to Greenbay because I think the Packers offense will be a little too much for NE. @ SD is interesting could go either way for NE but it is rare that they lose back to back . Last time they did was in 2012 I believe .

Patriots wont even get to the Conf. Championship this year.

That would be lovely but who's going to go in there in knock them off divisional round ? Most likely they'll be the one seed and will host the lowest remaining see . If the playoffs started today it will be

KC @ Indy rematch

Pitt @ CIN

with NE & Den with the bye

I think Colts would win and CIN finally wins a playoff game but you never know with them

Which leaves Indy @ NE

Cincy @ Den

Or Pitt @ NE

Indy @ Den

There's no way Pitt would win .. Brady historically owns that defense

Indy hasn't won a playoff game in Foxboro but things can change

Unless Baltimore gets in I think they have the best shot at a divisional round upset

nope, I'm making a definitive statement. I'm not hemming and hawing and going -gee whiz,50-50 on the fence anything can happen,heres my prediction but I don't really know, so people think I'm football smart bla bla"

I've made 3 statements that aren't out of the question yet. Plus it should be very absurd for a team to constantly change personal and go deep in the playoffs for 14 straight years in the first place. Especially with a  bunch of no name white wide receivers and running backs LOL

Wait. Are you predicting the Giants to make the playoffs and the Cards to miss?

They lost their last 5 games in a row by a combined score of 152-72.

To get to 8-8 they would have to outright win 5 of their last 6 games. You see this happening? Because the NFL is rigged in their favor this season?

You don't wanna go down this path with that guy...

They lost their last 5 games in a row by a combined score of 152-72.

To get to 8-8 they would have to outright win 5 of their last 6 games. You see this happening? Because the NFL is rigged in their favor this season?

you bought the Jets beating Pitt. You bought KC beating Pats. You bought Rams beating Denver.

not when its that blatantly absurd. Pro sports was invented by gamblers for gambling. That has never changed.

Well that's just not true... Professionalism was/is a natural evolutionary path in any sport in which there is enough revenue generated by the sport to sustain it. Unless you're suggesting every sport in the world was invented by the gambling industry.

NE is the best team in football, and it's not even close. They have NO weak links. Their worst facet is their run game which has been average, but now even THAT might be good along with everything else. They are a loaded team. Better than 2007.  The passing attack isn't, but the rest of the team is a lot more rounded.

That being said, GB is one of the few teams good enough to have a puncher's chance. There aren't many.

NE is the best team in football, and it's not even close. They have NO weak links. Their worst facet is their run game which has been average, but now even THAT might be good along with everything else.

That being said, GB is one of the few teams good enough to have a puncher's chance. There aren't many.

Blount looked like his old self today. Two Tds and ripped off a big run up the middle. Really hard to run on that Detroit D but man did Brady pass all over them.

Blount looked like his old self today. Two Tds and ripped off a big run up the middle. Really hard to run on that Detroit D but man did Brady pass all over them.

NE is running (literally) through that gauntlet of teams like butter. GB will be their toughest test, but I still think NE wins convincingly. RODGAHS  can make a game out of anything, but I don't see their D stopping the Pats.

People really, really underestimate how good NE is. Or don't want to believe it......I don't know which. They are head over heels better than every other team and there is no reason they shouldn't win the SB barring a total collapse or another team playing their best game in franchise history.

Well that's just not true... Professionalism was/is a natural evolutionary path in any sport in which there is enough revenue generated by the sport to sustain it. Unless you're suggesting every sport in the world was invented by the gambling industry.

I did not say a particular sport was invented by them. I said all "pro"  sports leagues were invented by gamblers for the most part for the purpose of making money easy from the public. It has simply grown to big business lawyers who manipulate all legalities to work in their favor in any way they can. The Rooney's and Mara's gained their fortune off stupid gamblers and that became the business model that has never changed. They are just in bed with media and government now so it looks all bright and shiny

NE is running (literally) through that gauntlet of teams like butter. GB will be their toughest test, but I still think NE wins convincingly. RODGAHS  can make a game out of anything, but I don't see their D stopping the Pats.

People really, really underestimate how good NE is. Or don't want to believe it......I don't know which. They are head over heels better than every other team and there is no reason they shouldn't win the SB barring a total collapse or another team playing their best game in franchise history.

except  so far they have lost to Miami and the Broncos beat Miami. That will matter before the playoffs...oh yes, so will losing to KC who the Broncos have beaten

except  so far they have lost to Miami and the Broncos beat Miami. That will matter before the playoffs...oh yes, so will losing to KC who the Broncos have beaten

GB and Miami have a shot against NE........who else? SD maybe?

You're also expecting the Broncos to go unbeaten while the Pats drop two.

Ah the old X beat Y and Z beat X therefore Z will beat.....and the earth is flat.......

I'd stick to your gambling debate........I think

Ah the old X beat Y and Z beat X therefore Z will beat.....and the earth is flat.......

I'd stick to your gambling debate........I think

whats your issue? the fact is I have stated a simple fact that you overlook thinking the Pats are supposed to be some great team that will get their way in the playoffs. Its all just created drama