Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bears management meeting

oldunclemark

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His family, including his in-laws live in the Midwest.....except John who I figure lives in the Baltimore area.

..That's his parebnst..not HIS family..

Jim Harbaugh's immediate family live in California and his kids are in school there...

Take it for what its work...John Clayton on ESPN says Harbaugh isn't moving of the west coast...Much better chance he's the next coach of the Raiders than Michigan or the Bears. He has no real connection to management in Chicago and he's definetly not from there./

...Just telling you what's being said up here.

Since both Harbaugh and Singletery came up, I'll dump this here. Singletery got them to 8-8 and they were a Brett Favre miracle pass from the playoffs. The next year the team quit, and every report said it all started with 1 rat in the lockerroom. Fast forward to Harbaugh. The 2 situations aren't exactly the same but they have similarities. I think they were both good coaches and that the 49ers need to get rid of whatever wuss that can't handle 8-8 and up level coaching in that lockerroom.

I have to give you credit here, BC..because you are the first person I've heard say this...

The team didn't respect Singletary..a rookie coach who was very intense but didnt win..and now they are said to have issues with Harbaugh, anther intense coach who has proven he can win..

....You are right to ask...what kind of coach and what kind of results, if any, would be acceptable to the core of this team?

I have to give you credit here, BC..because you are the first person I've heard say this...

The team didn't respect Singletary..a rookie coach who was very intense but didnt win..and now they are said to have issues with Harbaugh, anther intense coach who has proven he can win..

....You are right to ask...what kind of coach and what kind of results, if any, would be acceptable to the core of this team?

Bill Walsh

How many points did he put up last night? My memory is hazy.

Not a slam against any forum member at all, but this post was priceless House. 4 thumbs up.  :thmup:  :thmup:  :thmup:  :thmup:

Yes, Bogie is right. The Bears have no defense, but aside from WR Brandon Marshall that offense had no will to win period. 

Kind of makes firing then HC Lovie Smith from the Windy City with a 10-6 record look foolish now doesn't it? 

As much as I hate Cutler, it's not his fault. He don't play defense.

They fired their defensive minded coach after he posted a 10-6 season.

Scapegoat him all you want, I don't like him either but that's not his fault.

I am not scapegoating at all. His record speaks for itself. There was a reason the Broncos traded him away in the first place. The Bears gave up 2 first round choices, a 3rd. round choice and Orton. Now they signed him to a huge contract that he hasn't shown he deserved. Curler hasn't thrown more than 20 TDs in a season since 2010. I agree the Bears problems are not totally Cutlers fault but he does his share in making them a bad team.

..That's his parebnst..not HIS family..Jim Harbaugh's immediate family live in California and his kids are in school there...Take it for what its work...John Clayton on ESPN says Harbaugh isn't moving of the west coast...Much better chance he's the next coach of the Raiders than Michigan or the Bears. He has no real connection to management in Chicago and he's definetly not from there./...Just telling you what's being said up here.

Well, of course his immediate family lives there. Where else would they live lol

Well, of course his immediate family lives there. Where else would they live lol

You're drifting away here. Remember what we were talking about.?

You suggested Jim Harbaugh might comeback the Midwest because his family was from 'here'

You misspoke. HIS family is in California...Just explaining to you why he's not coming to the Bears.

I;m sensing you've lost interest in the whole thing

So have Bears fans

You're drifting away here. Remember what we were talking about.?You suggested Jim Harbaugh might comeback the Midwest because his family was from 'here'You misspoke. HIS family is in California...Just explaining to you why he's not coming to the Bears.I;m sensing you've lost interest in the whole thingSo have Bears fans

Oh good god, I didn't misspeak and I didn't suggest he would comeback to the Midwest. When you said "his family"' it's common sense that you are not talking about his wife and kids.....again, where else would they live, but in California?

I didn't sound like you did..

maybe someone who actually has thought about it could explain what to do with Brandon Marshall, who wants to fight fans he argued with over twitter..

,,,he's going to have to go...Theres a reason he's played for 3 teams now

one of the worst arguments I've ever heard. What is the reason darren sproles, derrell revis, and a host of other great players have played for three or more teams. Including Deion Sanders.

one of the worst arguments I've ever heard. What is the reason darren sproles, derrell revis, and a host of other great players have played for three or more teams. Including Deion Sanders.

'J'

You justs don't know...Marshall is a very divisive player...He is mire Total DIva than those girls in the WWE.

In a week where the franchise is at all time..low..he's being a egomaniac and a self-centered clown on twitter and worrying abiout himself...and embarrassing the franchise

I dont know what your favorite teams are..but I pray that one of them get Marshalls..

he quits during games..rolls up 'lok at me' stats late..

..and complains about everybody..All I can tell you is that you just don't know. and you just don't want him.

There is no comparison between Darren Sproles

Brandon Marshall is a cancer on the Bears ..look into it and you will find out

'J'

You justs don't know...Marshall is a very divisive player...He is mire Total DIva than those girls in the WWE.

In a week where the franchise is at all time..low..he's being a egomaniac and a self-centered clown on twitter and worrying abiout himself...and embarrassing the franchise

I dont know what your favorite teams are..but I pray that one of them get Marshalls..

he quits during games..rolls up 'lok at me' stats late..

..and complains about everybody..All I can tell you is that you just don't know. and you just don't want him.

There is no comparison between Darren Sproles

Brandon Marshall is a cancer on the Bears ..look into it and you will find out

You should have said that instead of "There is a reason he has been on three teams"

And as far as effort goes, he looked to be the only one trying in the beat down the packers laid on them

very much so...even with Lovie is last place at tampa..I dont think that lasts long

I will admit that Tampa sucks right now OUM, but I hope the Bucs owner doesn't fire Lovie Smith after only 1 season. He's a very good coach & if he is given 4 years he will turn that team around & make them respectable. 

I have a ton of respect for that man's knowledge of defense. 

I will admit that Tampa sucks right now OUM, but I hope the Bucs owner doesn't fire Lovie Smith after only 1 season. He's a very good coach & if he is given 4 years he will turn that team around & make them respectable. 

I have a ton of respect for that man's knowledge of defense.

No no..I very much agree..what I meant was that I don't think Lovie and the Bucs being in last place lasts long...

Once they get a little bit of anything on offense..Lovie will have them winning

I'd be frustrated too if I were him tbh. How many years does a guy like him have left?

BC..he;s not frustrated...he's okay with losing. hde;s never been in the playoffs..

He's just crazy...the Bears are at a critical point and he's picking twitter fights with the fans and doing TV and radio shows talking abut how great he is..

...He's not with the team mentally

No no..I very much agree..what I meant was that I don't think Lovie and the Bucs being in last place lasts long...

Once they get a little bit of anything on offense..Lovie will have them winning

Sorry about the breakdown in comprehension there my friend. My fault; not yours. We're on the same page now. 

BC..he;s not frustrated...he's okay with losing. hde;s never been in the playoffs..

He's just crazy...the Bears are at a critical point and he's picking twitter fights with the fans and doing TV and radio shows talking abut how great he is..

Who is at this point??? The team is in disarray and they weren't that good to begin with like every team Matshall's been on.

Who is at this point??? The team is in disarray and they weren't that good to begin with like every team Matshall's been on.

a player cant say 'what's the point'...and do his own circus...

he's a problem and its never his fault..got to know your role and shut your mouth.

Marshall's antics don't help a team that's struggling..It would help if he sprained an ankle and missed time.

they';d be more cohesive on offense

The entire "unacceptable" rant was about losing. Literally the entire thing. Did you watch the packer game? He was the only one that even acted like he was trying. Go back and look at the effort on the td he caught. Outside of Forte, he is the best player on the team.

Fire whomever gave Cutler a new contract

This boggles me also. He's the highest paid QB this season according to ESPN which is apparently the only thing "elite," about him coming from his former teammate Brian Urlacher.   Statistically, if you look at him in the regular season nothing great stands out.  He has a 70% INT to TD ratio so he basically throws 7 INTs per every 10 TDs (compared to even Matt Ryan's 50% let alone Rodgers, Manning, Brady).  He avgs 3.3k yds/season in his  8 seasons prior to this year.  His teams (Broncos and Bears respectively) are 63-62 under his reign or basically .500% I'll even give him 55% of inflation per error due to the 12 games he's missed and the fact he only played 5 games in 2006. 

Stats from NFL.com & ESPN regular season standings.

Keep in mind this is only the regular season but I'd like to know what was going on in their minds when determining this contact. 

I will tell you the guy is getting PAID though, talking Hoosier Mega Millions, Powerball type $$$$$$$.  More power to him if a mediocre QB can even conceivably earn that amount of $$$.  

In the end however:

untitled_zps38145bde.png

Not now...the issue is Cutler and Marshall....look into it

Marshall is ;art of Cutler's problem..with the me-e stuff..and a bad voice in the locker behind everyone

s back

..Its odd the impression that other get from a distance....In Chicago, they feel MUCH differently

I'm in the south bend area I listen to espn 1000 everyday. You are making more of the Marshall situation than they are

I know this probably won't be popular but their issues are deeper than Cutler. The defense got old and they never drafted well enough to replace them. The O-line has been mediocre for a while now. They should have kept Greg Olsen. There is a lot of rebuilding to be done in Chicago. If they trade Cutler, then fine. But who are they going to get that is an improvement?

• 3 weeks later...