Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtsNation can you help?

AndrewQB1

Sorry if this is in the wrong part of the forum

Hello ColtsNation

I my partner and our daughter are taking our vacation in the states this year (first visit), we're going to Orlando but we're flying in to Indianapolis for a day.

I've got us tickets for the New England game really excited to visit Lucas Oil and meet other Colts fans (there's not many where we are)

We just want some advise about these topics and any other opinions people have

Places to shop? The Misses wants to shop lol

Good bars and restaurants for Gameday? few beers and food and meet up with other fans

What's a good time to get to the game? Watch warm ups, visit the pro shop, chill before we kick the crap out of the Patriots!!

Any information and ideas will be greatly appreciated! Make it a day to remember.

Thanks to everyone in advance

Andrew Jennings

Awesome, glad you get to come to a game. Circle Center mall is a great place to shop and there's a Colts pro shop located there. Places to eat, there's a bunch. From pricey to cheap. St Elmos (pricey steak house but darn good), Weber Grill, Ruths Steak House (pricey steak house), Streak and Shake, Hooters (many Colts fans here go early) Dicks Last Resort (beware the theme of the place is a rude waiting staff) Colts bar and grill, PF Changs (japanese)

Bars - Man there's a bunch and all of them pack in with fans. But get there early. Don't plan on getting a table two hours before kick-off.

I'd get to the stadium about 45 minutes before kick-off since you're not familiar with it. It's quick and easy to find your way around. The ticket line goes quick so no worries there. Tell your wife only clear plastic purses are allowed in (NFL Rule) Pro shop sells them.

My biggest advice, go early to eat and any bars you want to visit. Since this game is a late game people tend to go early and party most of the day. Many tail gaters all around the stadium. Almost all will welcome you with open arms and offer food or drink. Don't be afraid to chat it up with them.

Any other questions just ask, enjoy the game bro!! I'll be there

Sorry if this is in the wrong part of the forum

Hello ColtsNation

I my partner and our daughter are taking our vacation in the states this year (first visit), we're going to Orlando but we're flying in to Indianapolis for a day.

I've got us tickets for the New England game really excited to visit Lucas Oil and meet other Colts fans (there's not many where we are)

We just want some advise about these topics and any other opinions people have

Places to shop? The Misses wants to shop lol

Good bars and restaurants for Gameday? few beers and food and meet up with other fans

What's a good time to get to the game? Watch warm ups, visit the pro shop, chill before we kick the crap out of the Patriots!!

Any information and ideas will be greatly appreciated! Make it a day to remember.

Thanks to everyone in advance

Andrew Jennings

He meant to say Steak and Shake...its a fast food chain that serves awesome burgers and milkshakes...

Hope you enjoy your trip...Indy is a beautiful city, with very friendly people. You'll wish you had more time to spend there...

Thanks T Y Goodbye this trip is going to be better than I imagined!!! GoColts!

Hope you're staying downtown.  When I come up for a game, I sometimes stay at the Embassy.  Right next to it is the Colts Grille.  Decent food and drink, lots of TV monitors.  And a lot of Colts memorabillia.

Thanks T Y Goodbye this trip is going to be better than I imagined!!! GoColts!

I would certainly recommend staying downtown.  That way everything is within walking distance.  Driving in downtown Indy during a Colts sunday is rather taxing.

My wife and I always head down a good 2 1/2 hours prior to kickoff.  Since the Pats game is a Sunday night game I would say if you make it downtown by 6 you should be fine. 

We usually hit up the Ram brewery before early games.  Really good beer and grub there, good atmosphere as well.  For later games we hit up Scotty's.  My wife loves the Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale they have on tap and we usually get a pitcher or two before the game.  Also good beer selection and food.

Pretty much everything is within walking distance.  I imagine there will be all sorts of activities set up seeing how this is a big game. 

It will probably be a little chilly so make sure to dress appropriately!  Indiana weather can be somewhat unpredictable!

Hope you have fun!