Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Injury Update (Wednesday)

TKnight24

@HolderStephen: Pagano: No Trent Richardson (hamstring) or Jack Doyle (knee) today. And of course Reggie (elbow) was out

So, as it stands on offense as of right now we'd go into Pittsburgh with

4 WR's

2 TE's

2 RB's

It's just Wednesday and Chuck Pagano claims that Trent's hamstring isn't nearly as bad as the one he had in training camp that kept him out so that's a good sign if he's telling the truth. I've been very impressed with Doyle and hope he can go Sunday

And then of course we all already knew Reggie was out

Gonna be interesting what we decide to do as far as personnel goes these next 2 days heading into Sunday

:colts:

I believe Reggie is day to day.

Yep, you are correct.

I heard something to the extent on the radio by Will Carrol who is an injury expert that he could still get some reps in Sunday or even play for that matter.

According to the Indy Star it's customary for Wayne not to practice Wed. The MRI revealed nothing significant.

He was quoted as saying "Don't panic, I'll be fine."

I really think he may play Sunday in my opinion but if he doesn't start or they do keep him out it's most likely just precautionary. I'd like to see Nicks get some grabs, also Moncrief but if Wayne can play and feels good, I think he should play.

I'd like to see them hold out guys who could use a little more rehab time, even if they could play at a high level.  I'm talking about Richardson, Darius Butler, and Wayne.  I think the team would benefit from Herron and Moncrief getting the reps, and Gordy could use a little more experience in the slot.  If we can do it in games we're expected to win like @ Pitt and @NYG (without losing the games), it would be great to get the youngsters better acclimated in case injuries should force a bigger role later in the year.

I hope Doyle can play he does a lot of dirty work stats don't do justice to how much he does for the team .

Best blocking FB, Hback, whatever I've seen in a while.  Most FB seem to just close their eyes and plow into the designated hole hoping they get a hat on someone.  Doyle actually looks for someone to block and almost always picks the right guy and gets him out of the play.  If it's a clear running down, I'd rather have him back their than Allen.

Trent was back at practice today, so that's a good sign

You sure about that ?  

stampede blue...http://www.stampedeblue.com/2014/10/23/7050829/colts-thursday-injury-report-reggie-wayne-trent-richardson-miss

rotoworld gives no source but also says no practice....

Trent Richardson (hamstring) remained sidelined at Colts practice Thursday.

The plan had been for Richardson to return on Thursday, so Friday has become all important for his Week 8 status. If he can't get in at least a limited session, he'll be looking very dicey for Sunday's game against the Steelers.

Oct 

You sure about that ?

stampede blue...http://www.stampedeblue.com/2014/10/23/7050829/colts-thursday-injury-report-reggie-wayne-trent-richardson-miss

rotoworld gives no source but also says no practice....

Trent Richardson (hamstring) remained sidelined at Colts practice Thursday.

The plan had been for Richardson to return on Thursday, so Friday has become all important for his Week 8 status. If he can't get in at least a limited session, he'll be looking very dicey for Sunday's game against the Steelers.

Oct

I was going off of Trey Wingo on NFL Live today, then I saw the official report for today which said he didn't practice so I'm guessing he didn't

I was going off of Trey Wingo on NFL Live today, then I saw the official report for today which said he didn't practice so I'm guessing he didn't

I think what they might be reporting is that the plan is for him to practice Friday and play.