Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bears (+6 1/2) at New England (10-26-14)

oldunclemark

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 of 33, 335, 5 TDs..

for 'Shady' Tom Brady

..and I think there's been 2 drops...

3 drops 1 from vereen and 2 from edelman

Brady was nearly perfect today, the offense is starting to get their timing down and understand this offensive system.  Its going to be a barn burner next week against the Broncos, its a shame that Chandler Jones wont be available.

Brady was nearly perfect today, the offense is starting to get their timing down and understand this offensive system.  Its going to be a barn burner next week against the Broncos, its a shame that Chandler Jones wont be available.

Yeah notice how Josh stated upping the tempo with more confidence in the Oline now. First couple games the offense was its usual complicated stuff and the disarrayed Oline couldn't handle it so they went vanilla week 3. I think BB personally took charge then.

Now with some unity the tempo is back up.

Of course with the big lead and Denver coming in the PC thing to do would be back off and get complacent :)

Its the game everybody always wants to see

I could do without the week of hype..

But I'll be looking forward to this game all week...so I guess I cant blame the media hype-masters

FX answered above. Read the posts before opening your intelligent mouth.

AM.

lol. Stop already. My point has and always will be that Manning "runs up the score" as much as Brady. I have no issue with it unlike some Colts fans who believe every TD that Manning has ever scored was necessary. Nonsense.

Gameplan VS the Pats should be the same as always. Pressure Brady.

It doesn't matter who is on Gronk/Edelman. Throw Brady off his mark,  hit him, make him uncomfortable, make him hear footsteps, and he'll miss his targets. Give Brady all day and he'll hit his mark 99/100 times.

I'm not sure why teams have yet to comprehend that after a decade of watching him tear teams up. If you go back and watch games the Pats lose it's almost always teams that are able to get past his O-line fortress.

It's the same thing with every other great QB like Manning, Brees, Rodgers. Although I think Rodgers handles the pressure better than the rest. Dude is a beast. He needs to be because he doesn't have the line Brady or Manning do. Brees is kinda falling apart this season.

If they have Talib on Gronk then Edelman may have a big day...also Wright is looking better and better every week. It's going to be tough because the Denver front 7 is going to be good and their pass rush is very dangerous.

I woudlnt care about Edelman having a big day..he cant beat you like Gronk..can

Plus...Denver's rush is going to get in there before the ball can get lauched too far

Gameplan VS the Pats should be the same as always. Pressure Brady.

It doesn't matter who is on Gronk/Edelman. Throw Brady off his mark,  hit him, make him uncomfortable, make him hear footsteps, and he'll miss his targets. Give Brady all day and he'll hit his mark 99/100 times.

I'm not sure why teams have yet to comprehend that after a decade of watching him tear teams up. If you go back and watch games the Pats lose it's almost always teams that are able to get past his O-line fortress.

It's the same thing with every other great QB like Manning, Brees, Rodgers. Although I think Rodgers handles the pressure better than the rest. Dude is a beast. He needs to be because he doesn't have the line Brady or Manning do. Brees is kinda falling apart this season.

Ah, but Brady has been working on his twinkle toes so there may be no answer. ;)  http://www.patsfans.com/ian/blog/2014/10/24/patriots-brady-focused-improving-mobility/

lol. Stop already. My point has and always will be that Manning "runs up the score" as much as Brady. 

Except your point is wrong.

Definition of running up the score was yesterday when you throw from 38-7 and stay almost till the end. Show me a game where Manning was throwing from 38-7.

Except your point is wrong.

Definition of running up the score was yesterday when you throw from 38-7 and stay almost till the end. Show me a game where Manning was throwing from 38-7.

You must have missed the fact that it was half time at that point. And Manning has thrown plenty when being up big over his career. You don't get to over 500 TDs and think all those TD were relevant unless you are just a blatant homer.

You must have missed the fact that it was half time at that point. And Manning has thrown plenty when being up big over his career. You don't get to over 500 TDs and think all those TD were relevant unless you are just a blatant homer.

Other than your abstract rambling, can you try to show me a game similar to last night?.

Again, stop the rambling and show me a game like last night.

Let me ask you. Does running up the score bother you? It does not bother me. I wish the Pats put up 100 yesterday. Manning throwing TDs from the two yard line repeatedly last year does not bother me. Score and score until the defense can stop you. BUT Manning does it as much as Brady, Brees, Rodgers. This idea that every time he scores is relevant is a complete and utter joke. That has always been my point not the running of the score.

Let me ask you. Does running up the score bother you? It does not bother me. I wish the Pats put up 100 yesterday. Manning throwing TDs from the two yard line repeatedly last year does not bother me. Score and score until the defense can stop you. BUT Manning does it as much as Brady, Brees, Rodgers. This idea that every time he scores is relevant is a complete and utter joke. That has always been my point not the running of the score.

So no example. Thought so.

Running up the score doesnt bother me at all. Its a professional sports. I am all for it.

However Manning and Brady are not at the same level on that.

Ravens game last year. It was 42-17 and Manning was still throwing. That was just game one last year. There more after that where he was STILL passing with a big lead. And countless others over the years ...

Do you know Denver was trailing by 3 at the half in that game?. And do you remember how Baltimore won a year later. Thats not running up the score. Below is Manning's comment after the game.

Final score was 49-27, if Denver didnt score 14 points in final quarter. It would be 35-27. You want to leave it a 1 score game when they know what happend a year ago.

"I felt like we had to keep scoring because Baltimore can score at any time," said Manning, who was 27-of-42 for 462 yards with no interceptions for an off-the-charts quarterback rating of 141.1."

1 p.m. EST....FOX..

long-range weather.....Low 50s,....slight chance of rain..over-under 50...

Bears top draft choice Kyle Fuller - CB doubtful (broken hand),LB - Jonothan Bostic (questionable) back.

Jerod Mayo (LB) out for the season for NE..

/////Near must game for the 3-4 Bears who play at Green Bay next. at 3-6 the season would be over for the Bears. Bears are 0-3 at home BUT 3-1 on the road.

Premier matchup of Patriot CBs Brandon Browner and Darrelle Revis against Bears WRs Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery

6 1/2 is a lot for team that has ONLY won on the road. Bears are a strange team

When are you going to start the NE/Denver gameday thread  :thmup:  :36dancing:

Do you know Denver was trailing by 3 at the half in that game?. And do you remember how Baltimore won a year later. Thats not running up the score. Below is Manning's comment after the game.

Final score was 49-27, if Denver didnt score 14 points in final quarter. It would be 35-27. You want to leave it a 1 score game when they know what happend a year ago.

"I felt like we had to keep scoring because Baltimore can score at any time," said Manning, who was 27-of-42 for 462 yards with no interceptions for an off-the-charts quarterback rating of 141.1."

lol. Of course the Ravens would have come back so Manning had to hit the record number of TDs in that game at 7 "just to be sure." Ha.

And by the way, the Bears offense is more talented than the Pats so they same could be said for the Pats scoring more in the second half as if they had stood still at 38 than the game would have been 38-23 with a quarter to go. So same case could be made that the additional TDs were necessary as well.