Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 10/17 "Bengals Game"

sb41champs

:blueshoe:   LB Vontaze Burfict drew TWO unsportsmanlike penalties vs the Panthers last weekend.  This week the NFL fined him $25,000 for twisting the ankles of QB Cam Newton and TE Greg Olsen following tackles.  This is the second time Burfict has been fined by the NFL for the exact same offense.

:blueshoe:   Are you concerned about the safety of our Colts offensive players knowing this player will be playing opposite them this Sunday ??

The one time I wish Laron Landry was available, could use his muscles if anything jumped off

But our offensive line aren't exactly powderpuff themselves...... We'll be fine

Hopefully he has some class and plays cleanly cause as much as I'd enjoy a brawl like the Eagles & Skins had earlier this season, it really isn't something I'd wanna see the Indianapolis Colts engage in

I don't think you guys should have anything to worry about - Marvin (according to his press conference..) told everyone he was taking care of the situation. Didn't give any details, but I'm assuming the combination of the internal pep talk/the fact that the league will be watching his every move should have him playing like a nun.

If he does try anything, I'm assuming he would be suspended for multiple games, and he will lose a lot of Bengals fans (me in particular). It is one thing to play tough and physical, it is another to put someone's career in jeopardy...

Dirty players are always going to be dirty just look at Suh. I think it took a while for him to stop his silly ways, but not before the league fined the heck out of him... and his own team seemed to be tired of his actions. It will probably take someone to put him in his place before he sees the error of his ways. 

:blueshoe:   Personally - I don't think simply a fine should apply to a second offense for the exact same infraction.  Suh didn't "get the message" about his on-field behavior until he was suspended.  First offense = fine.  Second offense = suspension.

:blueshoe:   Personally - I am concerned about our offensive players with a player with questionable character & ethics on the same field.  Burfict wasn't drafted out of college because of his on-field behaviors.  The Bengals gave him a chance and he's become an NFL "stud".  However - he is now "out of control" again and his behaviors are putting careers at risk.  If the Bengals head coach and/or the NFL wants to make their message loud & clear - Burfict should be benched for a couple of games.