Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Pick Up Another Fb; This Time Jerome Felton

Andy

Ryan Muhaffey suffered a concussion or had concussion like symptoms last game, so I guess he's pretty badly hurt, hurt enough for us to sign another FB. Jerome Felton has been in the league for a couple of years, and he's been pretty good. A nice pickup. Any thoughts?

http://www.nfl.com/player/jeromefelton/230/profile

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8912

http://www.colts.com/news-and-events/article-1/COLTS-CLAIM-FELTON/428ac1b1-1a83-4dbe-aee2-19c8e6599b4b?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Is he a FB or a RB? He is listed as both.

Big halfback in college and he plays like it, but he's been used as an NFL fullback.. He's not much of a blocker and doesn't appear to want to be. I was a big fan of him as a prospect (as very few might remember from the old board), but I don't think he's going to be a fullback like Mahaffey. He's more of a ball carrier, which won't do the Colts many favors, though he could be a good safety valve for Painter.

If they wanted a blocker, I think there are several free agents out there who can fill the role fine. I hope they want to try him in the singleback, which is where he still has upside. His best fit looks to be halfback, if he has a fit at all.

Big halfback in college and he plays like it, but he's been used as an NFL fullback.. He's not much of a blocker and doesn't appear to want to be. I was a big fan of him as a prospect (as very few might remember from the old board), but I don't think he's going to be a fullback like Mahaffey. He's more of a ball carrier, which won't do the Colts many favors, though he could be a good safety valve for Painter.

If they wanted a blocker, I think there are several free agents out there who can fill the role fine. I hope they want to try him in the singleback, which is where he still has upside. His best fit looks to be halfback, if he has a fit at all.

i had hope he was a blocker, good bye third and short

Felton is an ok blocker, he'll get it done... i like him for his speed as a FB, he could bring more options to the colts like sending the FB out to catch a pass or running the ball on 3rd downs.. guess we'll just have to see what happens.

he sounds good to work with brown, new colts smash mouth football

Lol, my brothers graduating high school and is a fullback/running back.. darn good too. Offensive player of the year. 6'0 235 lbs of pure muscle, speed and strength. And on the flip plays middle linebacker. heck, the colts might as well pick him up. Couldnt do any worse.

Once he makes it to the NFL, remember all of us are his family at Colts.com and would love to have him support us anyway we can (I think I typed that wrong...)

he sounds good to work with brown, new colts smash mouth football

That very well could happen, i think the colts might as well start pulling out some good ole running plays... start going run heavy in games cause we all know they arent gonna put a whole lot of points on the board by passing.