Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are the Detroit Lions for real?

chad72

The Detroit D is tops in the league in points allowed per game and yards per game. I never would have thought that would be the case.

Also, 3 out of the top 5 in yards per game are AFC teams - Chargers, Patriots and Broncos. I have a sneaky suspicion that the top of the AFC is better than being given credit for when compared to the top of the NFC. I feel the top of the AFC has just as much a chance to win the SB this year as the top of the NFC, the disparity at the top is overstated.

Do you think the Lions' D is for real?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2014&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

Defensively, yeah.  Their DL is scary talented.  Unfortunately for them, their offense is sputtering without Calvin and Jim Caldwell hasn't really helped Stafford grow.  Furthermore, they are very likely to lose Suh in the offseason.  They don't scare me as a team, but their defense is solid

Defensively, yeah.  Their DL is scary talented.  Unfortunately for them, their offense is sputtering without Calvin and Jim Caldwell hasn't really helped Stafford grow.  Furthermore, they are very likely to lose Suh in the offseason.  They don't scare me as a team, but their defense is solid

Stafford grow? If Stafford hasn't grown after 6 years what could Caldwell do for him? The Lions don't have a very good running game. They all but put all their efforts in Megatron. They do have a very good defense but Stafford really don't have the weapons he needs to put up the numbers he used to.

Not having Jimmy Graham offsets not having Megatron, so I think the Lions will win.

Even with Graham, we lose. Brees keys on him way too much and ever since he got paid, he hasn't been the same.

Would have been better off to trade him for a receiver like Andre Johnson or Fitzgerald. I'm sick to death of the Tight End fetish in this league.

Even with Graham, we lose. Brees keys on him way too much and ever since he got paid, he hasn't been the same.

Would have been better off to trade him for a receiver like Andre Johnson or Fitzgerald. I'm sick to death of the Tight End fetish in this league.

Trade Graham for Johnson or Fitz? I am sure glad your not the Colts GM. There is no TE fetish as you call it. The 2 TE sets just happen to work. It helps win ball games.

The Detroit D is tops in the league in points allowed per game and yards per game. I never would have thought that would be the case.

Also, 3 out of the top 5 in yards per game are AFC teams - Chargers, Patriots and Broncos. I have a sneaky suspicion that the top of the AFC is better than being given credit for when compared to the top of the NFC. I feel the top of the AFC has just as much a chance to win the SB this year as the top of the NFC, the disparity at the top is overstated.

Do you think the Lions' D is for real?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2014&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

Let's see if they can stop 'LL Cool Jay' and the Bears.

Congratulations Detroit, you proved just how sorry my team is and why we deserve to be publicly degraded by everyone else.

You knew the Saints were going to lose this game. Defense is awful, but the offense might actually be worse. Did anyone else see the last two Saints drives? All game long, they were scared to throw down field. This has been an issue every week, and Brees missed a few throws down the middle to Colston that he would have hit 5 years ago.

While our defense was at fault for penalties and poor coverage, I find the offense to be worse. Brees keys on Colston and Graham all day long, and that interception was a big no no. But play calling? Why not run the ball and try to milk the clock? This is why we lost to Cleveland (A game we rushed over 130+ yards in and then didn't run on the last drive.) We hate running the ball. Detroit did stop the run but what do you expect when you hate running it? I have no idea why we're a top ranked rushing team when we insist that Brees throw it 40-50 times a game so he can pad his stats.

But you had to see the final drive to understand why I don't even want to make the playoffs now (last thing they deserve). Final drive, and they are still running stupid screens and not taking any big plays to go down the field and throw bombs.

I poke fun at Peyton for throwing picks and I make fun of the Pats too for having a tight end fetish, but I'll also throw my boys under the bus for the same reasons cause we SUCK. Give us a tough schedule with early road games and they show their true colors.

Congrats Detroit, their defense is great, and their offense can overcome mistakes thanks to great defensive play.

Next week is Rodgers coming to the dome who will inevitably end the Saints home winning streak. I've been critical of Rodgers myself but this year, he's totally out playing Brees and not afraid to go down field. I deserve to see him light up my team's bad defense and destroy us while Brees can't run those stupid screens against them.