Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bill Polian?

colts52761

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, you can have a cannon arm and not be a great QB.

You can not be a great QB and not be an exceptionally competent passer. They go hand-in-hand.

I never said that Peyton wasn't a competent passer, just that if you were to list why he is a great QB, I would not list a great Passer as the number 1 reason.

I guess we disagree, he reads the defense and to me puts the catcher of the pass in the best position to make the easiest catch. To me you can be a great passer and not be a great QB.

Yeah, that's kind of what makes him a great passer. All QBs are taught the right location to throw the ball depending on the route, receiver skill set etc etc, but only the best in history have been able to put the ball in those locations on a consistent basis and that is what makes him a great passer.

**awaits further antagonistically argumentative reply**

Yeah, that's kind of what makes him a great passer. All QBs are taught the right location to throw the ball depending on the route, receiver skill set etc etc, but only the best in history have been able to put the ball in those locations on a consistent basis and that is what makes him a great passer.

I feel a yea but coming.

+1

The ones who do it the best, get paid the most dollars. Great passers get paid the most dollars. Peyton Manning gets paid the most dollars.

Now you have p... me off. First off any team in the nfl with peyton manning on the roster and healthy will make the playoffs. BP has relied on that for his quote great record. Take PM off of his team and he is exposed for what he is. If he is as good as you say he is, then why is this team the worst in history now. BP is only good if he has a PM. It certainly would seem so and for you to find fault with PM in the playoff games you apparently werent watching with the exception of one yr, our defense was decent and doing what they are suppose to do nothing more. For you to find fault with one player on the team and make a statement that he played subpar and that is the reason we lost is asinine. As for the real reason why we lost was that while we could get to the playoffs we as a team were not good enough to win. It doesnt just come down to a last play that PM didnt make or any play that one player didnt make that cost us. And for your stupid statement that PM was the reason for losing in college is even worse. You simply think that one player messing up is the reason those TN teams lost. I would suggest you talk to Cutclliff and find out the truth and that will be the team as a whole was not good enough. All I know is that last year PM who is so precious to BP career was beat up because of a weak OL. And maybe that is why he cant play this year. Well where is your great GM now. Losing his butt off. But according to you he is still a genius. And you my friend are totally full of horsefeathers. I dont really expect you to respond to this. You can quote all of the other teams in the nfl you want as to how they are doing, they seem to be doing just fine and they dont have a PM.

1) p.... you off is not a difficult task.

2) The Panthers and Bills didn't have PM

3) Peyton's neck issue didn't come from being hit last year. From all I've heard it started with a hit against the Redskins some 5 years ago.

4) I feel the same about Peyton's playoff performances. Not all of them, and not that I think he's been the sole reason for a playoff loss, but there have been plenty of playoff games where he was a non factor. Especially, in the first half of his career (to date) when he ignored the running game all too often.

I kinda wonder how many Colts fans will be crushed if we win a game and don't get Luck?

I know, like we're actually gonna win one...lol

The upcoming draft will be the most watched draft by Colt fans since what like when Peyton was drafted? It will be interesting to see if the Colts host a draft party at the stadium and then how the Crowd reacts whenever we finally see whom we draft and what happens. It will be "must watch" tv.

The upcoming draft will be the most watched draft by Colt fans since what like when Peyton was drafted? It will be interesting to see if the Colts host a draft party at the stadium and then how the Crowd reacts whenever we finally see whom we draft and what happens. It will be "must watch" tv.

And know if Manning doesnt come back we will be looking at what another big losing season. Maybe just as bad as this one. And your thinking is we have had a great record.

1) p.... you off is not a difficult task.

2) The Panthers and Bills didn't have PM

3) Peyton's neck issue didn't come from being hit last year. From all I've heard it started with a hit against the Redskins some 5 years ago.

4) I feel the same about Peyton's playoff performances. Not all of them, and not that I think he's been the sole reason for a playoff loss, but there have been plenty of playoff games where he was a non factor. Especially, in the first half of his career (to date) when he ignored the running game all too often.

He passed a physical in sept 2010 of last yr if the FO is truthfull and I assume they are and Manning would not ignore the running game as that is what makes play action work. And you did not understand that BP had a lot of help in drafting panther players from all teams to add an expansion team. And BP had Jim Kelly on the Buffalo team. Same as or close to a PM. He is a QB that has been inducted in the hall of fame his first yr that he was eligible. And they never won a SB in 4 trys? That's because he had no defensive team. Again if BP is so great why has he left those prior teams. In my lifetime Ive learned that a great employee that makes you money is not let go. You tell me why BP is not working for either of his last employers, they have just as much money as irsay has.

I disagree with pack mentality quite a bit. I don't think we should draft Luck regardless of Peyton's health and I don't think Bill Polian is as evil nor incompetent as many people claim him to be. Those are 2 opinions I hold that disagree with the majority of the "pack". Disagreeing with pack mentality does not make you a troll. ;)

Then I will join the Jason pack. :) I agree with both of those. :disco:

And know if Manning doesnt come back we will be looking at what another big losing season. Maybe just as bad as this one. And your thinking is we have had a great record.

No my thinking is this team has been one of the most dominate teams over the past decade, and now just like what happens in sports we are in a period of transition. Transition is never easy especially for fanatic fans who demand nothing but dominate football each and every year. I know that in transition you get down/bad seasons, but with the right moves you do return to greatness. Since Polian has shown in his career of building winning teams, I have faith he can do it again.

This is fantastic. LOL

Someone at least saw it, even if just a lowly staffer. I can live with that.

Likely his secretary.

Other people are calling and demanding a personal phone call with Mr. Irsay to explain to him what the problem areas are. They talk to his secretary as well.