Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NE @ Buffalo

snkdy

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rookie almost cost them a TD..  At least the other WRs on the team are starting to step up and make some plays.  They should hopefully be able to run the rest of this game out now.. Orton will be in pass first mode and allow Chandler Jones and ninkovich to tee off on him.. I expect to see Easley come in for Wilfork now too and try to get some interior pressure

Game still isnt over but looking better now... but at what cost?  They have a short with with the Jets on Thursday and they just lost their defensive captain and signal caller.

Game still isnt over but looking better now... but at what cost?  They have a short with with the Jets on Thursday and they just lost their defensive captain and signal caller.

Oh yes it's over lol.....

Gronk isn't hurt. Looked like he might have blown a knee earlier but he came back. Losing Mayo certainly hurts. Ridley is ???

And for crying out loud, it's the Jets. You guys always dump on them. Show up, do your job, let Sanchez I mean Geno throw the game away. They're making a game out of it with Denver, but Denver is a lot more undisciplined than NE is.

Oh yes it's over lol.....

Gronk isn't hurt. Looked like he might have blown a knee earlier but he came back. Losing Mayo certainly hurts. Ridley is ???

And for crying out loud, it's the Jets. You guys always dump on them. Show up, do your job, let Sanchez I mean Geno throw the game away. They're making a game out of it with Denver, but Denver is a lot more undisciplined than NE is.

The Jets have a very good defensive line and the Patriots were already thin and questionable in the interior of their O-line after mankins left..  and now Dan Connelly could be gone, so they're forced to play 2-3 rookies on the interior now.

Ridley was our hammer, Vereen is a 3rd down back and Bolden is just a journeyman, so if Ridley is out that will hurt our running game as well. 

And now this is a 1 score game with over 5 minutes left... these games are never over till they're over

And now this is a 1 score game with over 5 minutes left... these games are never over till they're over

I think you're overestimating Buffalo, but you're right that anything can happen.

They need to stop NE, get a TD and another 2 point conversion just to tie it. Without doing something stupid in between all of that.

Refs back to holding the Pats hand....EVERY game this happens....

I've seen one terrible call and that was the unsportsmanlike call on Buffalo. The rest was all 50/50 justifiable.

At some point, some year, Buffalo needs to step up and stop making stupid mistakes. Great QB aside, that's the biggest difference between them and a team like NE. Discipline and execution.

And just as I say that, there is another example. Just got outplayed.

I've seen one terrible call and that was the unsportsmanlike call on Buffalo. The rest was all 50/50 justifiable.

At some point, some year, Buffalo needs to step up and stop making stupid mistakes. Great QB aside, that's the biggest difference between them and a team like NE. Discipline and execution.

Did you hear what Hughes said to warrant the unsportsmanlike conduct?

Neither did I.

Doesn't mean it didn't happen.

What idiocy are you taking about? Buffalo has gotten quite a few questionable calls.

Two offensive PIs on that one drive, one where the defender RAN into Watkins (so let's call the flag on the Bills of course) and the other on Woods which was not even a push and took us out of FG range.

And the PI called on the Bills on Gronk (almost no contact) that allowed the Patriots to get into FG range instead of setting up a 3rd and 9.

And, once again, everyone in the AFC Least loses except NE. Division/over.

of course.. the Jets were totally outmatched against the Broncos, nobody had them winning that game.

Miami just lost with only 3 seconds left in the game against the Packers.  Its not a pushover division this year, the Dolphins and Bills can shock some teams, and the Jets could if they actually got some good QB play because their defense is solid

Its not a pushover division this year

The AFC East, outside NE, is forever .500   Nobody ever steps up to take the reigns from NE. They cannibalize each other 1-1 in division games. If anything Miami would be lucky to go 9-7 for second place. It is the most pushover division in football. If the Texans didn't have flashes of good play I'd say the AFC South would be.

The Jets had a couple decent seasons, and of course Miami won it the year Brady went down. (I think the record was a tie, but they had the tiebreaker)  Beyond those flashes in the pan the teams outside NE have been terrible.

You may think they're going to do something, like Miami "almost" beat the Packers tonight. The thing is they almost always find a way to lose. Perfect example was Miami missing the playoffs last season reverting back to .500

The only other team in that division that has potential to make things interesting are the Jets if they had a mediocre QB instead of a horrendous one.

Yeah, that didn't look good when Ridley went down.

I am not sure what is going on with Mayo...if he is out for the season then its truly going to suck.

We need to sign a FA RB too...

On a positive note Tyms made a great catch, it reminded me back to the 2007 season when Moss was catching everything thrown to him downfield.

LaFell is finally been playing well the last two weeks and Wright is slowly becoming a 3rd go to guy. The Offense is truly becoming much better, what I am really worried about now is that O-Line, we have to keep shifting people because of injuries. We will have to stock up on O-linemen next draft again...

We still need a bruiser, someone that can be as dynamic as Ridley but that can run downhill...someone like Murray.

Did you hear what Hughes said to warrant the unsportsmanlike conduct?

Neither did I.

Doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Was thinking that too... he had to have used some "banned" language, I guess?

Pretty sure that's an automatic call/fine.

Good win, but it sucks to see Mayo go down for a second straight year. Less worried about replacing Ridley and his production, but I'd guess a pass heavy game plan was coming up with the Jets anyway. They have a little time to figure it out.

White is an intriguing guy but he's more like Vereen than Ridley, 3rd down passing back type of guy. I think Jonas Gray is still on the practice squad. If Ridley is IR'ed they may call him up. Bigger dude, more of a between the tackles runner.

Was thinking that too... he had to have used some "banned" language, I guess?

Pretty sure that's an automatic call/fine.

Good win, but it sucks to see Mayo go down for a second straight year. Less worried about replacing Ridley and his production, but I'd guess a pass heavy game plan was coming up with the Jets anyway. They have a little time to figure it out.

White is an intriguing guy but he's more like Vereen than Ridley, 3rd down passing back type of guy. I think Jonas Gray is still on the practice squad. If Ridley is IR'ed they may call him up. Bigger dude, more of a between the tackles runner.

I really wish we re-signed Blount. But I agree I am not too worried about the run game. We have enough backs and Bill can always toss a 7th round pick at some terrible team for a quality back.

I love Mayo but it really did not seem like we missed him that much last year. I think our LBs are very strong. Collins is a beast and I assume Hightower is coming back soon. The guy that came in for Mayo, #55 was really good. Don't know his name.

Two offensive PIs on that one drive, one where the defender RAN into Watkins (so let's call the flag on the Bills of course) and the other on Woods which was not even a push and took us out of FG range.

And the PI called on the Bills on Gronk (almost no contact) that allowed the Patriots to get into FG range instead of setting up a 3rd and 9.

Those two off PI were atrocious and it did stop a good bills drive. These point of emphasis are disgusting.

Well I had to DVR the game as I went to a WW2 reenactment in Stow Ma. Very cool.

Got home and watched the game but it seemed fast and messy. Then I realized fast forwarding the commercials and KO's made it look so..coupled with all the Bills mistakes LOL

Weird the OL at times gave good protection considering the patch work its made up of. That and Brady being on the same page with the receivers. Pretty fast turn around from 3 weeks ago.

Bills d line was good as expected but the secondary let them down.

After Brady's arm was shot (by whom we're not sure) he recovered pretty quick :)

Well I had to DVR the game as I went to a WW2 reenactment in Stow Ma. Very cool.

Got home and watched the game but it seemed fast and messy. Then I realized fast forwarding the commercials and KO's made it look so..coupled with all the Bills mistakes LOL

Weird the OL at times gave good protection considering the patch work its made up of. That and Brady being on the same page with the receivers. Pretty fast turn around from 3 weeks ago.

Bills d line was good as expected but the secondary let them down.

After Brady's arm was shot (by whom we're not sure) he recovered pretty quick :)

No doubt that Brady made a lot of really good throws in that game.  The best I've seen him look in 2 years as it was strange that it looked like the arm strength was still there but the accuracy was not. I would guess that you guys will get this and another year out of him. 

No doubt that Brady made a lot of really good throws in that game.  The best I've seen him look in 2 years as it was strange that it looked like the arm strength was still there but the accuracy was not. I would guess that you guys will get this and another year out of him. 

I think the issue with Brady the first few games was that he didn't look like he trusted the line at all. He seemed jittery back there. He also seemed disengaged on the sideline. Very unlike him. I think all of those in combo with the team just not playing well made everything spiral a bit. It was nice to see him look sharp yesterday and even hit some deep throws. Keep an eye on this kid Tyms. He has the speed and athleticism of Moss but unfortunately has a 10 cent brain like Moss. If he can keep his head, he could be a nice deep threat.

I think the issue with Brady the first few games was that he didn't look like he trusted the line at all. He seemed jittery back there. He also seemed disengaged on the sideline. Very unlike him. I think all of those in combo with the team just not playing well made everything spiral a bit. It was nice to see him look sharp yesterday and even hit some deep throws. Keep an eye on this kid Tyms. He has the speed and athleticism of Moss but unfortunately has a 10 cent brain like Moss. If he can keep his head, he could be a nice deep threat.

Is Tyms the guy that looks like he should be starring in ... what's the name of that TV show..... darn... uh..... Lock up ?

Dominant win. Nice to see especially against a very good Bills Dline. That was a statement game all around.

Have to see on the Mayo and Ridley injuries. I think White will get his chance to run the ball.

remember I said upset lol. it was getting interesting though when the score was 30-22