Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rex Ryan Applauds Vick's Admission that he slacked off in practice

amfootball

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/11671494/rex-ryan-new-york-jets-applauds-michael-vick-qb-said-was-unprepared-week-5-start

I have been following this story and pretty much cite it as the reason why the Jets are the Jets. First, Mike Vick who has been watching the train wreck that is Geno Smith this season and has been listening to the media and fan outcry for Smith to be benched, unbelievably admits that he was dogging it with the scout team last week and was unprepared to play the second half of the Chargers game as a result. This is from a 12 year vet mind you who is getting paid $5 mil!! If that was not bad enough, Ryan instead of chastising Vick, applauded him for his admission saying it is important for guys to take accountability. What?!! This pretty sums up the Ryan tenure with the Jets. The guy wants so badly to be liked that he won't even come down on a situation as ridiculous as this.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/11671494/rex-ryan-new-york-jets-applauds-michael-vick-qb-said-was-unprepared-week-5-start

I have been following this story and pretty much cite it as the reason why the Jets are the Jets. First, Mike Vick who has been watching the train wreck that is Geno Smith this season and has been listening to the media and fan outcry for Smith to be benched, unbelievably admits that he was dogging it with the scout team last week and was unprepared to play the second half of the Chargers game as a result. This is from a 12 year vet mind you who is getting paid $5 mil!! If that was not bad enough, Ryan instead of chastising Vick, applauded him for his admission saying it is important for guys to take accountability. What?!! This pretty sums up the Ryan tenure with the Jets. The guy wants so badly to be liked that he won't even come down on a situation as ridiculous as this.

The professionalism being displayed by the Jets is just outstanding. I feel bad for the Jets players that actually do care about their jobs.

in before "Colts should hire sexy Rexy as DC when he gets fired..."

I don't think his personality would fit with our staff.  

Besides I'm rather happy with the job our Defense has done thus far.  

Consider that 14 of the Texans 28 points came off turnovers.  One was the interception that gave them the ball at our 30.  The other was JJ Watt picking up the fumble and running it back for a score.

You take out the offensive turnovers and the game is a mild blowout.  

Then figure in they recovered 2 fumbles in crunch time in the 4th quarter to preserve the win.  

Consider that 14 of the Texans 28 points came off turnovers.  One was the interception that gave them the ball at our 30.  The other was JJ Watt picking up the fumble and running it back for a score.

Then figure in they recovered 2 fumbles in crunch time in the 4th quarter to preserve the win.  

Agreed...

I want nothing to do with anybody named Ryan...

it was a joke about the inevitability of someone "seriously" suggesting he get hired...

in before "Colts should hire sexy Rexy as DC when he gets fired..."

As a defensive mind, he's one of the best in the league.  He's able to get a lot out of guys and his players really like him.  Add that he has some history with Pagano, so they know each other's tendencies.  I think he would be a good fit here in Indy, but he would have to keep him away from the microphones haha.  But seriously, as a defensive mind, he can only help our team.  Let Pagano handle the media while Rex works on the defense.

With that said, Manusky has done a solid job with the defense this year, so our DC position might not be vacant next year

As a defensive mind, he's one of the best in the league.  He's able to get a lot out of guys and his players really like him.  Add that he has some history with Pagano, so they know each other's tendencies.  I think he would be a good fit here in Indy, but he would have to keep him away from the microphones haha.  But seriously, as a defensive mind, he can only help our team.  Let Pagano handle the media while Rex works on the defense.

With that said, Manusky has done a solid job with the defense this year, so our DC position might not be vacant next year

Your DC is doing great. And for all the talk about how great Rex is as a DC, he coached some of the best players in NFL history when he was with the Ravens. And his D in NY has never been the same since Revis left. He is really struggling this year because he literally has no one in his secondary due to injury and bad drafting. His whole philosophy is based on disguising pressure up front so the QB does not know what is coming at him. The only issue is once the QBs does set the protection, they carve him apart. That is why having solid CB play is so critical for his scheme. He is a very risk based DC and I don't really like that as when it works, it is great but when it doesn't you give up big plays.