Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denver (-8) @ New York (10-12-14)

oldunclemark

1 p.m. EST......CBS.....55 degrees and sunny...

....over-under 47...

RB Montee Ball out for Denver obviously...Ronnie Hillman will start

Eric Decker will play for the Jets....

Geno Smith start and Michael Vick (hopefully) will be ready to come out of the bullpen

The Broncos stopped trying to establish the run last week..and they'll be throwing early and often Sunday.

Rex Ryan has plenty of blitzes ready....so it may be a big catch-and-run day for Emmanuel Sanders.

the over-under is high but when Peyton is close to some record..(5 short of the all-time TD pass mark) .the Broncos usually make a concerted effort to get it for him

A friend offered me tickets to go to this game. I'll probably go. Might be the last time I'll see Manning play live. 

See if he can shake off the bad SB taste. Thats a long flight early game...I think it is close in the first half but once the offense heats up I think its a 24-13 win.

A friend offered me tickets to go to this game. I'll probably go. Might be the last time I'll see Manning play live. 

Yes ~ you should go.  

I've been forutnate to see him play the past two seasons.  Two years ago in Cincinnati, and last year in Indy (thanks to special friends that made each happen).   Each time I said this may be the last time I'll see him in person.   Going to the Cincy game again this year, no doubt freezing my butt off  (Dec. 22  Monday Night Game)  and once again I'm telling myself it may be the "last" time.   :dunno:   

I'm going too. You should definitely go. You're right about this being the last chance you might get to see him live, but also, he could set the career td pass record that game. As far as QB records go, I think that's the most highly thought of one after single season td passes. Any time you get a chance to witness history, you should seize it.

Weather wise: it should be chilly, but no rain.

I'm going too. You should definitely go. You're right about this being the last chance you might get to see him live, but also, he could set the career td pass record that game. As far as QB records go, I think that's the most highly thought of one after single season td passes. Any time you get a chance to witness history, you should seize it.

Weather wise: it should be chilly, but no rain.

No rain is a key....

Peyton could easily get 5 TDs if the Jets cant move the ball and better than last week.

The Jets are strong against the run but the secondary is not up to par

You know they wont pull Peyton until he tosses that 5th one..but they wont let him go for 6

The record breaker would come the next Sunday at home....

No rain is a key....

Peyton could easily get 5 TDs if the Jets cant move the ball and better than last week.

The Jets are strong against the run but the secondary is not up to par

You know they wont pull Peyton until he tosses that 5th one..but they wont let him go for 6

The record breaker would come the next Sunday at home....

I hope Peyton does not throw 3 TDs, let alone 5 TDs, I am going against him (pity me :() in 2 FF leagues.

I hope he hands it off more and Rex Ryan plays the pass every single play daring Peyton to be patient and run against a nickel front. If I am Rex, that is what I would do. Double DT all the time, mix it up with the doubling of Sanders, Welker and JT on and off like Romeo Crennel does when he plays Peyton (they doubled Marvin all the time and would rotate and play zone coverage towards the others but play pass 2 out of 3 plays, it felt like).

Then, every pass rusher that rushes Peyton ALWAYS chips the TE or WR closest to the line of scrimmage before release giving his D that extra chance to play coverage.

I hope Peyton does not throw 3 TDs, let alone 5 TDs, I am going against him (pity me :() in 2 FF leagues.

I hope he hands it off more and Rex Ryan plays the pass every single play daring Peyton to be patient and run against a nickel front. If I am Rex, that is what I would do.

Chad. That's not going to happen. Really. Its not. You know that, right?

I hope he hands it off more and Rex Ryan plays the pass every single play daring Peyton to be patient and run against a nickel front. If I am Rex, that is what I would do.

Chad. That's not going to happen. Really. Its not. You know that, right?

I know, OUM. At least in 2 other leagues, I have Sanders and Wes Welker, hope those leagues come through for me. It is wishful thinking :).

This would be the upset of the year haha

Yeah it would. Manning is playing bad as well. For him, at least. The noodle arm is in full effect...had a couple that should have been picked.

A testament to NYJ at the same time. If they had even a mediocre QB they'd be a real threat in the AFC. I think they'd take the AFC East if nothing else.

Yeah it would. Manning is playing bad as well. For him, at least. The noodle arm is in full effect...had a couple that should have been picked.

A testament to NYJ at the same time. If they had even a mediocre QB they'd be a real threat in the AFC. I think they'd take the AFC East if nothing else.

Yeah, maybe. I'm not sure how New England would look without Tom but they may have gotten IR together if the Bengals game says anything. I wonder if the Jets will elect to keep Rex and continue Geno's development.

I know, OUM. At least in 2 other leagues, I have Sanders and Wes Welker, hope those leagues come through for me. It is wishful thinking :).

I think Sanders is about to have a big second half..because Rex isn't going to let DT get single coverage anymore.

..of course it would help..if every other Bronco play didn't come with a penalty

One thing I now from this first half for sure.

The Jets are nowhere near as bad as Tampa Bay

They're really just a QB away. They're  a pretty good team. Just need a respectable QB. Not even GOOD, just plain vanilla instead of terribad and sabotaging them from the inside out. It's been that way since Dirty Sanchez was ruining their seasons.

They're really just a QB away. They're  a pretty good team. Just need a respectable QB. Not even GOOD, just plain vanilla instead of terribad and sabotaging them from the inside out. It's been that way since Dirty Sanchez was ruining their seasons.

Rex can dial up defenses.

Hes had a 5-man front...and a 7-man front against Manning

On some plays..he's doubling both outside receivers...sometimes he blitzes the corner

His defenses are a pain to play against