Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Short week, tired legs on D, could run D be a problem?

chad72

I am just thinking of strengths vs weaknesses here.

Our CB group is one of the top 3 if not the best in the league, IMO.

Instead of banging their head against the wall with an offensively challenged Fitzpatrick trying to complete passes, the Texans are going to run the rock with Arian Foster, no doubt.

Any concerns about tired legs on D against the Texans on run D especially on the road on a short week? Thoughts?

I am just thinking of strengths vs weaknesses here.

Our CB group is one of the top 3 if not the best in the league, IMO.

Instead of banging their head against the wall with an offensively challenged Fitzpatrick trying to complete passes, the Texans are going to run the rock with Arian Foster, no doubt.

Any concerns about tired legs on D against the Texans on run D especially on the road on a short week? Thoughts?

As mentioned by several other posters -- we've been killing the TOP battles since the Denver game -- our D should be just fine.  I am most worried about our OL and their ability to keep Watt away from Luck.  It will be interesting to see how we plan against him and their front 7.  Our D should be just fine and probably in better shape than their D.

They're professional athletes. If they're still tired after 3 full days rest then they shouldn't be in the league.

Being tired and being banged up after 3 days is way different -- these guys take an enormous amount of abuse week in and week out.  Luckily, other than Freeman getting some tightness in his hamstrings, we didn't seem to have any injuries -- so I think we'll be fine.