Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why doesn't the media cover good stories like this

T Y Goodbye

Sorry, if this has been posted earlier, but I have been away a lot in the hospital for the past few weeks...I was going through YouTube and just found this great story...These two brothers appeared on Ellen today I believe. These two brothers show what life is truly about..

Please make sure you watch this about the Kemoeatu brothers, both now former players, and Super Bowl champions with both the Ravens and Steelers respectively...this will touch your heart, and I wish them nothing but the best in their lives..

Ellen is trash

This wasn't about Ellen..this was about two brothers, one who gave up his career, without hesitation to save his brother, and the bonds that we should all share. I saw or heard nothing about this in the news, media, nothing, until I saw this...this is about how it should be between families, not spousal or child abuse, and everything else the media exploits..We need to hear more stories like this, and people need to be more like these two men...The world would be a much better place.

SMH

Sorry, if this has been posted earlier, but I have been away a lot in the hospital for the past few weeks...I was going through YouTube and just found this great story...These two brothers appeared on Ellen today I believe. These two brothers show what life is truly about..

Please make sure you watch this about the Kemoeatu brothers, both now former players, and Super Bowl champions with both the Ravens and Steelers respectively...this will touch your heart, and I wish them nothing but the best in their lives..

Great story but not sure why you are complaining about the media not covering these stories when the two brothers are on Ellen which is the top nationally televised day show talk program that has won 25 Emmy's. That is about as big of a media exposure as you are going to get.

And for those taking shots at Ellen, you really should spend some time reading her bio. She is an unbelievable humanitarian in addition to be an award winning actress, stand-up comedian, writer, producer and talk show host.

Great story but not sure why you are complaining about the media not covering these stories when the two brothers are on Ellen which is the top nationally televised day show talk program that has won 25 Emmy's. That is about as big of a media exposure as you are going to get.

And for those taking shots at Ellen, you really should spend some time reading her bio. She is an unbelievable humanitarian in addition to be an award winning actress, stand-up comedian, writer, producer and talk show host.

Was never really a huge fan of her as an actor, but it's not because she isn't a good actor.  Just didn't really like any of the movies she did, save for Finding Nemo, and I wouldn't call her role in that "acting," strictly speaking.  But I can still recognize a great woman when I see one, and Ellen is something women, and men for that matter, can aspire to.

I understand completely what TY was saying.   These are NOT the types of stories we usually hear.  Normally the Media focuses on the bad, or horrific.   

I enjoy Ellen's show, and this was a great story.  Thanks for posting, TY.

In answer to your response, I never heard this on the news, the nfl network, or other large sports news outlets, which is why I mentioned this..They run hours and hours on things like the domestic violence, and  spousal abuse and PED's etc, but not once in any of the broadcasts, I heard anything about this, until it was on Ellen. This deserved a lot more attention than it got, which is why I stated that. I'm glad Ellen had them on and ran the story..Ellen does a lot of great things, and helps out so man people, and I admire her for her humanitarian work, and her shows are fun and entertaining. They would have been on her show earlier, but this was the first chance they got, as far as I have seen, and it was 3 1/2 weeks ago. I'm glad Chris looks as great as he does, and I am proud of his brother, for giving up his career for his family.

Everything is focused on the negative nowadays, which is a sad reflection on our society, and it angers me to no end, how stories like this are barely mentioned. Until you had seen this post and video, had you even heard about the story?...More than likely, no...which is why I mentioned that this is the type of story that we need way more of, and it was basically ignored, or, as Hometown said in his post..

Hope that clarifies my topic post.

In answer to your response, I never heard this on the news, the nfl network, or other large sports news outlets, which is why I mentioned this..They run hours and hours on things like the domestic violence, and  spousal abuse and PED's etc, but not once in any of the broadcasts, I heard anything about this, until it was on Ellen. This deserved a lot more attention than it got, which is why I stated that. I'm glad Ellen had them on and ran the story..Ellen does a lot of great things, and helps out so man people, and I admire her for her humanitarian work, and her shows are fun and entertaining. They would have been on her show earlier, but this was the first chance they got, as far as I have seen, and it was 3 1/2 weeks ago. I'm glad Chris looks as great as he does, and I am proud of his brother, for giving up his career for his family.

Everything is focused on the negative nowadays, which is a sad reflection on our society, and it angers me to no end, how stories like this are barely mentioned. Until you had seen this post and video, had you even heard about the story?...More than likely, no...which is why I mentioned that this is the type of story that we need way more of, and it was basically ignored, or, as Hometown said in his post..

Hope that clarifies my topic post.

I get what you are saying but this story was covered by the sports media. Here is the ESPN story from last month, http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11543719/maake-kemoeatu-formerly-baltimore-ravens-donates-kidney-brother-chris-kemoeatu-formerly-pittsburgh-steelers

Was never really a huge fan of her as an actor, but it's not because she isn't a good actor.  Just didn't really like any of the movies she did, save for Finding Nemo, and I wouldn't call her role in that "acting," strictly speaking.  But I can still recognize a great woman when I see one, and Ellen is something women, and men for that matter, can aspire to.

Saw her stand up routine once.  Two things stuck forever.  The line- "Feminine protection? What is in that package, a little pink gun?"  And, becasue I travel a lot, one of her takes on airline travel-

Saw her stand up routine once.  Two things stuck forever.  The line- "Feminine protection? What is in that package, a little pink gun?"  And, becasue I travel a lot, one of her takes on airline travel-

I'll have to view it later today at home, darn IT has software that blocks youtube and various other sites.  But I've never seen her standup before, so I can't really speak to that.  I will say though, that there are people who surprise me with their standup.  Some people who are great comedy actors are terrible standups and the reverse is also true.  You just can never assume that if they are bad at one they're bad at the other.  then you have guys like Robin Williams and Bob Sagat who play in child friendly shows and get up behind the mic and they are just so vulgar and raunchy.  Not that ti's not funny, but the first time I saw it, I was so taken by surprise.  After the initial shock though, both guys were pretty good stand up comedians.

I get what you are saying but this story was covered by the sports media. Here is the ESPN story from last month, http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11543719/maake-kemoeatu-formerly-baltimore-ravens-donates-kidney-brother-chris-kemoeatu-formerly-pittsburgh-steelers

I must have missed it.I was watching a lot of news and TV, while I was in the hospital for about 4 times in the past two months, Thanks for the ESPN link..It just makes me mad, when they take so much effort to over emphasize the negatives..I miss when ESPN did those stories every week about their Make-a-Wish type segments they used to do for a couple of years...its always nice to see players and people doing special things, or help out those beyond what is required..That's a big reason I like Ellen. She gives so much to so many people, that are down, and need help, or to recognize them for something special they did. For example, my favorite, was when she had on the girl who hit a home run to win the game, missed first base and hurt herself so bad she couldn't walk, and two girls from the other team, carried her around the bases, even though it meant their team lost.

Having been seriously ill for the past 8 years, I've come to appreciate even more, those who help others in their time of need, because so many people, even just by thoughts and prayers, have meant so much in recovery. I'm never going to get totally better, but I would still give my shirt off my back to help someone that is cold, sick, tired, hungry, etc., because there is always someone worse off than you are, especially after being given a second chance in life with a new liver. If I could donate blood marrow, a kidney, to someone that is suffering, I would gladly do it

There are some beautiful people out in the sports world..People like Patty Mac...It was so nice hearing that he was ST player of the month. That guy does so much for others.At least now, he is getting some well deserved praise and coverage of some of the things he does for the Indy community.

Sorry to have rambled, and again, thanks for the link and clarification..Have a great day AM...

I must have missed it.I was watching a lot of news and TV, while I was in the hospital for about 4 times in the past two months, Thanks for the ESPN link..It just makes me mad, when they take so much effort to over emphasize the negatives..I miss when ESPN did those stories every week about their Make-a-Wish type segments they used to do for a couple of years...its always nice to see players and people doing special things, or help out those beyond what is required..That's a big reason I like Ellen. She gives so much to so many people, that are down, and need help, or to recognize them for something special they did. For example, my favorite, was when she had on the girl who hit a home run to win the game, missed first base and hurt herself so bad she couldn't walk, and two girls from the other team, carried her around the bases, even though it meant their team lost.

Having been seriously ill for the past 8 years, I've come to appreciate even more, those who help others in their time of need, because so many people, even just by thoughts and prayers, have meant so much in recovery. I'm never going to get totally better, but I would still give my shirt off my back to help someone that is cold, sick, tired, hungry, etc., because there is always someone worse off than you are, especially after being given a second chance in life with a new liver. If I could donate blood marrow, a kidney, to someone that is suffering, I would gladly do it

There are some beautiful people out in the sports world..People like Patty Mac...It was so nice hearing that he was ST player of the month. That guy does so much for others.At least now, he is getting some well deserved praise and coverage of some of the things he does for the Indy community.

Sorry to have rambled, and again, thanks for the link and clarification..Have a great day AM...

Great post. It is always encouraging to see people be sacrificial and give to others in need. I hope you are feeling better soon.