Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Houston (+ 5 1/2) at Dallas (10-5-14)

oldunclemark

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing annoys me quite as much as the perpetuation of the false pretense that Romo is the premiere choke artist of the NFL. Dude ranks 18th all time in 4th quarter comebacks.

Is he woefully inconsistent? At times, yes.

Is he some laughing stock choke artist? No. We all need to let go of that image of him * up a hold during his first year as a starter and look at Romo for what he is. A good QB who has an inconsistent streak.

I respectfully disagree. Romo is known as a an all time choker because he has proven that he is. For 4 years now Dallas has had the ability to run the ball like they are this year, and I don't know who, but someone in the organization finally understood. So they are running the ball and not putting the ball in Romo hands which is what he has needed his whole career.

Rule of thumb against the Cowboys if they are running the ball and get a lead they will win. Put the ball in Romos hands in a shootout and you'll lose 9 out of 10 times.

You're argument is baseless and weak.

Most people above the age of 8 who have watched even a single minute of NFL football wouldn't be as befuddled as you are at the concept of a superior offensive unit having an advantage over an inferior defensive unit.  I guess i've overestimated you and you're one of the rare exceptions.  Or you're 7.  Either way, you aren't worth any more effort.

Have fun in your fantasyland where the Cowboys can't run the ball and the Texans have a stellar run D......lol

I don't think we'll be hearing from Mickey D

Yep.....to the surprise of nobody (except one message board poster who lives in lalaland amongst the fairies and unicorns), Dallas easily ran the ball against Houston's poor run defense.  If you're keeping track, and I am, Houston has given up 5.7, 5.9, 4.6, 4.2 and 4.2 ypc to their first 5 opponents, which is God awful.  I'm mildy surprised that Romo lit them up in the air today, as well.  But not really.

Houston has a number of guys among their front 7 that simply aren't NFL starting-caliber players.  But I think they know that already.  Seth Payne, Ted Johnson, Rich Lord, and other local media-types down here certainly know that, so I have to think most guys within the organization know it, too.

I was *almost* right with Romo giving the game to Houston. Dallas is not for real. I think we knew that but today proved it in spades.

Yep. That bandwagon will stay full until they start losing again though. We all know they aren't winning in the playoffs, though.

Yep. That bandwagon will stay full until they start losing again though. We all know they aren't winning in the playoffs, though.

Is Watt ok? I don't want to see him out. I love watching him play. I will give credit to Romo for somehow avoiding him on that sack/TD throw. Don't know how he escaped.

Is Watt ok? I don't want to see him out. I love watching him play. I will give credit to Romo for somehow avoiding him on that sack/TD throw. Don't know how he escaped.

I didn't know there was a chance that he was hurt. I was at work, didn't get to watch the game. Romo has been avoiding guys for years though so I'm not too surprised, but to avoid S.Watt is a feat in itself.

These teams only play once ever 4 years?...That's kinda sad

there was a lot of excitemnebnt in that stadium and the game wasn't that exciting.

....Houston had an outstanding game defensively but Romo got away from Watt on one play..and it might have kept them from winning

These teams only play once ever 4 years?...That's kinda sad

there was a lot of excitemnebnt in that stadium and the game wasn't that exciting.

....Houston had an outstanding game defensively but Romo got away from Watt on one play..and it might have kept them from winning

How is a game that goes into OT not exciting?

and what about the cowboys run game?

Yep.....Dallas easily ran the ball against Houston's poor run defense. If you're keeping track, and I am, Houston has given up 5.7, 5.9, 4.6, 4.2 and 4.2 ypc to their first 5 opponents, which is God awful. I'm mildy surprised that Romo lit them up in the air today, as well. But not really., Dallas easily ran the ball against Houston's poor run defense. 

Actually...Houston pretty much achieved their goal of stopping the Dallas running attack.

Dallas rushed for 140 yards on 33 carries and fumbled twice..that's 4.2 to a team that was averaging 5.1 per carry.

...Murray was well below his 5.4 average per carry..although he got over 1000 yards again.. and Dallas scored 17 in regulation...

..below their 25 ppg avergae

Dallas won because they have the better QB....even the new kids can see that

(and nobody says 'YEP' anymore)

Because he didn't fumble 'J'....Dallas lost two fumbles..

Dallas averaged 5.1 per carry coming in...today 4.2.....Houston defensed them well on the ground

4.2 ypc isn't good when they run the ball 30 times. I know you are all in on the Houston D, but you may want to cash out

4.2 ypc isn't good when they run the ball 30 times. I know you are all in on the Houston D, but you may want to cash out

...its not about Houston.....I don't think Dallas is that good, was my point...

I dont think they're the best running team in the league...stats after 4 games are misleading

...4.2 when they were averaging 5.1 isn't that good

....The Cowboys won because Romo is better than Fitzgerald..and that's a low bar....

The Houston loss puts the Colts In first place come Thursday night!

Because he didn't fumble 'J'....Dallas lost two fumbles..

Dallas averaged 5.1 per carry coming in...today 4.2.....Houston defensed them well on the ground

They still ran for 136 as expected & Murray is in company with OJ Simpson/Jim Brown with the only guys with 5 straight 100+ games to open a season according to NFL.com. I think if if you take the ball out of Romo's hands as much as possible it a recipe for victory because when he completed the big pass to Dez Bryant it was more Dez than Romo that made that play work. Looks like JJ was taken out of the game too.

They still ran for 136 as expected & Murray is in company with OJ Simpson/Jim Brown with the only guys with 5 straight 100+ games to open a season according to NFL.com. I think if if you take the ball out of Romo's hands as much as possible it a recipe for victory because when he completed the big pass to Dez Bryant it was more Dez than Romo that made that play work. Looks like JJ was taken out of the game too.

True but ..they averaged 5.1 coming in ...and they got 4.2 with 2 fumbles..and Dalls scored 17 when they averaged 25..

Houston contained them.....

I cringe when you say Murray is in the company of OJ Simpson and Jim Brown, two of the 5 greatest of all time..

Lets understand that many backs have gained 100 yards many more than 5 times in a row..just not at the start of the season...

Lets talk again after Dallas dominates Seattle Sunday.

Dallas is playing football with lesser mistakes though their standards of making mistakes was a tad too high compared to elite teams, I must admit. That is the reason they are staying in games.

Sometimes, in the NFL, you have to not lose games before you have a chance to win them. By not relying on Romo so much, the Cowboys are letting Romo make plays only when he has to and not all the time. Their D is overachieving with a lot of hustle and their OL is run blocking at a high level. I don't expect the formula to change much and as long as that formula stays, they have a chance in games.

Do they take that into account when picking playoff teams? If not its meaningless

But again 'J'

That was the point of this post......Houston (+5 1/2).. Some wanted to debate the 'greatness' of Dallas and that's always fun.

But the subject of the post was that 5 1/2 was too much to give Houston..at Dallas

...Looks like it was, right?

But again 'J'

That was the point of this post......Houston (+5 1/2).. Some wanted to debate the 'greatness' of Dallas and that's always fun.

But the subject of the post was that 5 1/2 was too much to give Houston..at Dallas

...Looks like it was, right?

The boys ran it on the Texans, that's the only thing i said all along. Point speads are meaningless to me