Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

one of the most overrated corners in the game.

bestQBever

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse me, I'm in a state of uncontrolled gut busting laughter right now.

Must be from reading your own posts, because you are the only one who thinks that way, why don't you post the question "Would Vontae Davis Start opposite of Sherman on the Seahawks" on the Seahawks forums, and undoubtedly the answer would be yes.

I was looking but could not find it how many catches and how many yards has Davis gave up this season ? I read he only gave 2 or 3 catches after playing 2 of the best offences in the NFL .

Then he's obviously the new standard which all CB's will be judged against.  Obviously.

Must be from reading your own posts, because you are the only one who thinks that way, why don't you post the question "Would Vontae Davis Start opposite of Sherman on the Seahawks" on the Seahawks forums, and undoubtedly the answer would be yes.

The answer here would be yes, but nowhere else.

I was looking but could not find it how many catches and how many yards has Davis gave up this season ? I read he only gave 2 or 3 catches after playing 2 of the best offences in the NFL .

6 catches for 54 yards on 16 targets. Giving up an NFL best 22.6 rating.

Maxwell is surrendering a rating of 104.2 and given up an astonishing 20 catches on 25 targets. 245 yards and a touchdown. Good thing Seattle is so good at safety.

6 catches for 54 yards on 16 targets. Giving up an NFL best 22.6 rating.

Maxwell is surrendering a rating of 104.2 and given up an astonishing 20 catches on 25 targets. 245 yards and a touchdown. Good thing Seattle is so good at safety.

And he's getting thrown at constantly because the alternative is throwing at Sherman.  If Vonte Davis was in his place in Seattle, he'd be giving up twice that.

And he's getting thrown at constantly because the alternative is throwing at Sherman. If Vonte Davis was in his place in Seattle, he'd be giving up twice that.

The Colts counterpart to Vontae Davis, Greg Toler, has been targeted 22 times and given up 10 catches for 111 yards, with a 38.3 rating. So really I'm wondering if Maxwell could even play nickel for the Colts.

And that's despite having journeyman at both safety spots compared to allpros in Seattle.

The Colts counterpart to Vontae Davis, Greg Toler, has been targeted 22 times and given up 10 catches for 111 yards, with a 38.3 rating. So really I'm wondering if Maxwell could even play nickel for the Colts.

And that's despite having journeyman at both safety spots compared to allpros in Seattle.

Maxwell would not play nickel for the Colts. We have Darius Butler.

Why do Colts fans bring this up as Hilton "burning" Sherman? It's so overwhelmingly obvious that Sherman is pointing to the deep safety at the start of the video saying "you got him". Sherman isn't even remotely close to Hilton at any point in that video. You can see Sherman yelling at the safety after the TD.

You can think anything you want, not matter how silly it may be. Maybe you'll agree with the guy who thinks he's better than Sherman? Maybe you'll make him the top CB in the NFL today?

Do you actually evaluate or are you just regurgitating words of an analyst or someone else? Davis is pathetically easily a top 10 CB. And as for the Sherman comment, Sherman is vastly vastly overrated. It helps immensely when you have a safety than can cover half of the field in 2 seconds or so in Thomas. So your original comment shows nothing but blissful ignorance or outright blindness if you think Davis would be a Nickel on any team.

Why do Colts fans bring this up as Hilton "burning" Sherman? It's so overwhelmingly obvious that Sherman is pointing to the deep safety at the start of the video saying "you got him". Sherman isn't even remotely close to Hilton at any point in that video. You can see Sherman yelling at the safety after the TD.

So the safety dropped back 15 yards was man covering the go receiver? No I'd say that was more of Sherman guessing very wrong and sitting on the underneath. He's used to Thomas being able to cover for him so he can do stuff like that. Just so happens TY is pretty fast himself.