Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Redskins lose to Texans

Caleb3502

Fitz was 14 for 22 for 200+ and a TD and no picks. That is the kind of efficient game they need from him to compete and win. Good sign.

Yeah he got off to a slow start but came into his own during the game I think. Glad to see he is clicking with Hopkins and Andre and can run with the no-huddle. Sorry to hear about Brady but we know the Patriots are the Patriots and they will be in it this year.

.....And the offense managed to put up 10 points against one of the worst defenses in the NFL. 

And it was enough to win. That is how good the Texans D is. Fitz won't have to score more 20 points or less in most of the games. He just has to continue to play smart and not have any TOs.

The Texans offenses is what we knew it was going to be. Terrible, anemic, and inefficient. Luckily they played a bad offense headed by a bad QB so they never had to rely on there O to score points. That won't continue throughout the season. And it's only a matter of time until Foster's wheels fall completely off. 

And it was enough to win. That is how good the Texans D is. Fitz won't have to score more 20 points or less in most of the games. He just has to continue to play smart and not have any TOs.

Don't know if it was on here or elsewhere, but I've made the comment that I thought the Texans would end up at 9-7 and fighting for a wildcard spot...and a lot of that is attributable to the defense.

Today, against a bad offense. That type of play won't be acceptable all season long. 

Fitz won't have to score more 20 points or less in most of the games.

Yes he will. 

He just has to continue to play smart and not have any TOs.

It's against his nature to do that. 

The Texans offenses is what we knew it was going to be. Terrible, anemic, and inefficient. Luckily they played a bad offense headed by a bad QB so they never had to rely on there O to score points. That won't continue throughout the season. And it's only a matter of time until Foster's wheels fall completely off. 

Have you looked at Houston's schedule? They don't play any high octane O's other than the Colts  and Philly. They can easily win a bunch of games by only scoring 15 or 20 points.

Have you looked at Houston's schedule? They don't play any high octane O's other than the Colts  and Philly. They can easily win a bunch of games by only scoring 15 or 20 points.

The average offense in the NFL averages 24 PPG. The 10th worst team averaged 20 PPG. There's no realistic scenario in which Fitzpatrick only has to score "15 points per game." If he is unable to average more than that he'll be benched anyway, because that would make Houston one of the worst offenses of the past decade. 

There's no scenario where Bill O' Brien is OK with his offense being bottom 5 in the league. 

The average offense in the NFL averages 24 PPG. The 10th worst team averaged 20 PPG. There's no realistic scenario in which Fitzpatrick only has to score "15 points per game." If he is unable to average more than that he'll be benched anyway, because that would make Houston one of the worst offenses of the past decade. 

There's no scenario where Bill O' Brien is OK with his offense being bottom 5 in the league. 

lol. One game and a victory. I think Bill is plenty happy. Still has work to do but given how bad the QB play was last year and in the preseason, he has to be optimistic. Fitz will progress along.

And does it really matter what NFL offenses average when you are playing teams that are bottom of the league? Like I said, look at Houston's schedule. There is nothing to fear especially with Houston's D.

I didn't say he wasn't. Of course he's happy with a win. He's probably not happy about how terrible his offense was.

Yes and no. But game one and he is a new coach. I think you take what you can and build. I don't think he is under any pretense about his team. He knows the defense will carry the day or they lose. The O has to just not get in the way with TOs or negative plays.

Something that I'm surprised didn't get more attention was RG3 tripping over himself during a handoff and fumbling the ball. It was hilarious to watch if you saw it live. But also, those are garbage stats for Arian Foster. Morris got half the number of carries and almost had the same output. 27 carries and he only put out 103 yards?

Something that I'm surprised didn't get more attention was RG3 tripping over himself during a handoff and fumbling the ball. It was hilarious to watch if you saw it live.

actually tripped over the center who got pushed back off the snap, but eh....he also could have just eaten the ball instead of trying to get the hand-off.  hind-sight etc.

Yeah well we beat them first. Take that

Well we lost to Peyton Manning first. TAKE THAT. Peyton freaking Manning. It was an honor to me to even be a part of that loss as a fan.

But, the Skins are probably a handful of teams this year we SHOULD beat with our mickey mouse non Mathis pass rush and drugged up hot and cold offense.

Well we lost to Peyton Manning first. TAKE THAT. Peyton freaking Manning. It was an honor to me to even be a part of that loss as a fan.

But, the Skins are probably a handful of teams this year we SHOULD beat with our mickey mouse non Mathis pass rush and drugged up hot and cold offense.

Love that post. Think we should just toss all Pep's stuff in the garbage can and just run a two minute offense the whole game ? 

After watching the game, I really get the feeling that RGIII is an egomaniac and a diva. Something I've noticed in a lot of his games is that whenever he gets hit and goes down, it seems he really plays up the hit. Granted he does take some pretty big hits sometimes, but there's a lot of times I noticed where he's sprawled out on his stomach with his head in the ground as if he's dead. It's as if every hit he takes is the hardest hit of his life. And it sometimes looks like he's pouting. Is it just me? Something about his character is off.

robert-griffin-pi.jpg

Love that post. Think we should just toss all Pep's stuff in the garbage can and just run a two minute offense the whole game ? 

Maybe, I am usually one not to overly complain. But, this offense has way too much potential with such a talented QB not to be able to function until we are in the third quarter and down by 100 points.