Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wayne VS Harrison

Several defensive backs have stated that Harrison was the hardest receiver they ever had to cover. His speed mixed with his beautiful route running just killed cornerbacks in his prime. Always a thing of beauty. Plus, Marvin's hands were basically 3 feet tall baseball gloves. Some of the circus catches he pulled in were unreal.

Reggie didn't have the speed but used his crisp route running, as well as incredible hands to put up great stats over the years. Marvin always had more touchdowns, but it's not like we suffered after Marvin was gone in going to Reggie as the #1 receiver.

I think most people by default will credit Marvin as the greater receiver, which is fair to say. I think we're all looking forward to his Hall of Fame induction, since he was never much of a talker. Maybe someone can talk him into actually speaking for more than 1 minute!  But let's be honest;  Marvin disappeared in the playoffs. Wasn't it only one or two playoff games with 100+ yards and a touchdown? I'm not trying to say that as a knock on Marvin, but I won't pretend that he was always reliable, the entire season.

Reggie has been so consistent from week one through the playoff games every season since he established himself as a darn good receiver, something Marvin struggled to do. When putting this into consideration, I can't help but give the nod to Reggie.

That's easy....Irvin

Idk about that. He definitely had a great team around him. Unfortunately his career was cut short.

He averaged 4.7 rec/game, and 74.9 yds/game. In his 12 years of playing he had 7 games of over 1k yards, 2 of which were over 1500. He only had 65 td's tho, and only 1 season over 100 receptions. He did average 15.9 y/r tho.

Harrison on the other hand only played one more year. His stats are 5.8 rec/g and 76.7 y/g but I only 13.2 y/rec. He also had 8 seasons over 1k and 3 over 1500. We obviously know he had way more td's over his career with 128 and 8 seasons with 10+. He also has 4 seasons over 100 receptions and holds the nfl record for receptions.

Irvin was dynamic and fun to watch but his numbers aren't as comparable imo.

Idk about that. He definitely had a great team around him. Unfortunately his career was cut short.

He averaged 4.7 rec/game, and 74.9 yds/game. In his 12 years of playing he had 7 games of over 1k yards, 2 of which were over 1500. He only had 65 td's tho, and only 1 season over 100 receptions. He did average 15.9 y/r tho.

Harrison on the other hand only played one more year. His stats are 5.8 rec/g and 76.7 y/g but I only 13.2 y/rec. He also had 8 seasons over 1k and 3 over 1500. We obviously know he had way more td's over his career with 128 and 8 seasons with 10+.

Irvin was dynamic and fun to watch but his numbers aren't as comparable imo.

Totally different offensive philosophies