Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

79 Walker, Josh G 6-5 328 23 R Middle Tennessee State

Douzer

i believe that was lance louis he had a good game yesterday with the 2's i would like him over thornton at RG,who has been pretty bad all preseason and last year wouldnt be suprised to see mewhort and louis at LG and RG.

thorton has not been bad.

Well, I did notice the 2nd stringers had a better run game than the 1st string. Guess he was part of the reason

But boy did Boom look good :cheer:

The problem with the first string run game is Pep won't stop trying to pull Mewhort. Trent had 3 carries for 19 yards then when he the LG 2 carries for 0 yards and he had to fight for 0; Then the loss when the guy met him for the hand off didn't help,

Did the same thing to Bradshaw on 2 carries one at the goalline pulling the LG.

It is Mewhort it's not his fault he is a T and will probably be our RT of the future but he can't make that block I understand it was one of Pep's favorite plays at Stanford but you gotta know who you have on your team if you are starting Mewhort at LG that play isn't working

He could make the roster if we start with NIxon out seems we gave him a $10,000 roster bonus for coming to camp be nice if he could kick out to T in a pinch or just play LG and make the damn pull that Pep refuses to stop calling

Colts did a $10,000 signing bonus for offensive guard Josh Walker

— Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL)

May 12, 2014

http://www.profootballrumors.com/category/josh-walker/

He could make the roster if we start with NIxon out seems we gave him a $10,000 roster bonus for coming to camp be nice if he could kick out to T in a pinch or just play LG and make the damn pull that Pep refuses to stop calling

Colts did a $10,000 signing bonus for offensive guard Josh Walker

— Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL)

May 12, 2014

http://www.profootballrumors.com/category/josh-walker/

thats a hefty bonus for an udfa

The problem with the first string run game is Pep won't stop trying to pull Mewhort. Trent had 3 carries for 19 yards then when he the LG 2 carries for 0 yards and he had to fight for 0; Then the loss when the guy met him for the hand off didn't help,

It is Mewhort it's not his fault he is a T and will probably be our RT of the future but he can't make that block I understand it was one of Pep's favorite plays at Stanford but you gotta know who you have on your team if you are starting Mewhort at LG that play isn't working

fleener got abused on that goal line play. As per usual.

boy do i know that feeling living in VA and working all the time thank god for preseason live online thing. Personally i hope they both

make the roster but i always have my more favorite players on the roster. Brandon McKinney just happens to be one.

I also really like Kelvin Sheppard but that's a sentiment many dont share. I guess with Brandon i just like the

comeback from the ACL and hope he gets a spot but i understand we're crowded (with talent) at the D-Line and NT in particular.

Sheppard got the start last night played pretty good thought he got sucked in on the long cut back but it happens

watch the games. There is the proof

i have and see Thornton as well as others get abused by defenders and look flat out bad just like almost every play with him next to sucktele and magoo he has played decently before but overall he hasn't played great. But i really hope he improves and the o-line asa whole does,as im sure you do

i have and see Thornton as well as others get abused by defenders and look flat out bad just like almost every play with him next to sucktele and magoo he has played decently before but overall he hasn't played great. But i really hope he improves and the o-line asa whole does,as im sure you do

thornton has played well. No clue what you are watching that makes you say otherwise

Sheppard got the start last night played pretty good thought he got sucked in on the long cut back but it happens

i agree but the one thing i crave is for players to learn and improve i like sheppard because little by little he improved. If you saw i wanna say week 1 he looked lost in coverage and was uninspiring against the run to say the least. but every game with more time he seemed to pick up his game hope he does well this year.

fleener got abused on that goal line play. As per usual.

I guess my question is if it is per usual why does our OC continue to put him in that position at least send him out to drag a defender with him if he can't block. I am not a fan of Pep

I guess my question is if it is per usual why does our OC continue to put him in that position at least send him out to drag a defender with him if he can't block. I am not a fan of Pep

fleener is much more of a receiving TE Allen is the blocker. Fleener blocking scares me a little. Doyle struggles at times as well but still i like Doyle more than saunders

Had one heck of a showing last night. Did anyone else notice?

I just went back and watched the entire second half the kid is a roadgrader.

He struggles a little bit in space missed the block on the screen or that would have been a big play. And doesn't always get the block and the second level but he puts the guy in front of him on skates.

He gets a good push off the line on running plays that is for sure. There is no doubt in my mind Boom would have got the TD if Pep would have run behind 79 he pancaked his guy in the endzone. He seems to have the foot work to pull can do it all as far as rush blocking. He was getting a good push every play.

I would say he looks a little lost in the passing game but nothing to bad I bet he just wasn't asked to do it much in college. I was impressed. I would say practice squad for sure. His run blocking is very impressive.

fleener is much more of a receiving TE Allen is the blocker. Fleener blocking scares me a little. Doyle struggles at times as well but still i like Doyle more than saunders

That is my point as fans we know this why is our OC playing our pass catching TE on a run play from the 2yard line and asking him to make the block at the point of attack. It is like he has no clue when it comes to player strengths

Saunders is gone anyway don't see how we can keep 4 TE 6 WR and FB. If we do we are sending some D talent to waivers 

Preseason, you don't practice what your good at, you practice what you need to work on.

Both of our starting Tackles gave up a sack tonight

Luck was sacked one time and it was Cherilus there was barely any pressure from Castanzo's side I just watched every possession from the game last night.

@Colts_Comments: According to Pro Football Focus, Anthony Castonzo is yet to give up a QB pressure in 53 pass blocking snaps this preseason. #Colts