Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Updated Colts Draft (With Major Trade)

-Before the 2012 draft, Peyton's deal is restructured in a way that makes him much more tradeable. Peyton said he would do this since it is in best interest of the franchise so I could see it happening.

-Indy then trades Peyton Manning to Washington for their 1st and 2nd round picks.

1st overall pick- QB Andrew Luck

1st round- 6th overall (via trade)- CB Morris Claiborne (We finally have a shutdown type of corner that will make this secondary respectable.)

2nd round- SS Mark Barron (Our secondary continues to improve!)

2nd round (via trade) - NT Brandon Thompson or NT Dontari Poe (We need a NT badly)

3rd round - OLB Sean Spence (Very instinctive backer we need to play alongside Angerer and Conner/Wheeler/Sims)

4th round- WR Kendall Wright

Rest of draft spent on OL, TE

We retool our defense with the selections made from the Manning trade by adding 4 new potential starters.

Everybody even people on Epsn keep saying manning could go to Washington. Crazy thing is. In both my franchise modes on madden I release manning a couple years later and ge goes to Washington every time. Madden gods prophecy.

So we trade trade a QB that we know is the best. and bank our success on a player that will hopefully be great? oh and then throw him behind one of the worst oline's in football? Well i see no reason why we wouldn't go to the SB in that scenario. (sarcasm). Seems more like the David Carr scenario then the Favre to Rodgers or Montana to Young now doesn't it?

THe Colts can't trade Manning, it's a part of the contract, and even then, Kendell Wright will NOT go in the 4th round. 3rd round at worst. Brandon Thompson will probably go to a team late in the 1st round..

It's not that it is part of the contract, the contract makes it problematic for it to happen.

3 day window from when the league year opens to when the bonus option is due.

Agreeing on some form of compensation

The team either a) having the ability to take on the contract as is( 28 million option bonus) & 35 million + in base salaries. B) renegotiating it to satisfy each side or deferring money.

I also doubt Manning would be open to going to Washington and playing Eli twice in the same season. I still don't see the likelihood of him being traded.

It's not that it is part of the contract, the contract makes it problematic for it to happen.

3 day window from when the league year opens to when the bonus option is due.

Agreeing on some form of compensation

The team either a) having the ability to take on the contract as is( 28 million option bonus) & 35 million + in base salaries. B) renegotiating it to satisfy each side or deferring money.

I also doubt Manning would be open to going to Washington and playing Eli twice in the same season. I still don't see the likelihood of him being traded.

This. For the win.

A. Manning is going to give us 3-4 more solid years.

B. (If Manning is done or the Colts Organization thinks he is done AND they don't want to pay the 28 million roster bonus next year...)

OPTION A.

RD 1: Draft Luck (Trade to Miami or Washington for their next three RD 1 picks.

RD 1: Draft Barkley...Trade Barkley to Washington or Seattle for 2 RD 1 picks and a RD 2...

RD 1: Draft Clayborne CB or Kirkpatrick CB or Martin OT or Kalil OT (From Miami/Washington)

RD 2: Draft Decastro G

RD 2: Draft Barron SS (From WASH/SEATTLE)

RD 3: Draft BEST Available...

RD 4: Draft BEST Available...

RD 5: Draft BEST Available...

(3 RD 1 Picks) (From 2012 Luck/Barkley and our normal RD 1)

2014 ****DRAFT QB****

(2 RD 1 Picks) (From 2012 Luck and our normal RD 1)

Back to Normal (Peyton Retires)

OPTION B.

RD 1: Draft Andrew Luck QB

RD 2: Draft Decastro G or Konz C

RD 3: Best Available...etc...etc...etc...etc...

-Indy then trades Andrew Luck to Washington for their 1st and 2nd round picks.

1st overall pick- QB Andrew Luck

1st round- 6th overall (via trade)- CB Morris Claiborne (We finally have a shutdown type of corner that will make this secondary respectable.)

2nd round- SS Mark Barron (Our secondary continues to improve!)

2nd round (via trade) - NT Brandon Thompson or NT Dontari Poe (We need a NT badly)

3rd round - OLB Sean Spence (Very instinctive backer we need to play alongside Angerer and Conner/Wheeler/Sims)

4th round- WR Kendall Wright

Rest of draft spent on OL, TE

We retool our defense with the selections made from the Luck trade by adding 4 new potential starters.

Fixed.