Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NYGs @ Indianapolis (8-16-14)

oldunclemark

No one is saying Donald Brown was a stud...just that he performed better than Trent did last year behind the same offensive line. So blaming all of Trent's woes on our offensive line is not an excuse.  Some of the problem is Trent.  Hopefully he can perform better this year. 

I think Richardson will have a better year this year once Holmes and Mewhort return to the field.  

Bradshaw is concerning me with the injuries.  Herron looked decent last night.  If need be, maybe he can fill the Donald Brown role.  

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Richardson will have a better year this year once Holmes and Mewhort return to the field.

Bradshaw is concerning me with the injuries. Herron looked decent last night. If need be, maybe he can fill the Donald Brown role.

Think theyre just saving Bradshaw for the regular season. But I get what you mean. He needs to make it through a season. I think both Herron and Tipton would make good back ups.

I don't think Ridchardson will be an explosive back. I think he's more of a grinder who can pop out some decent runs. The type of running game that wears you down in the second half. Pound pound pound then try to cover our passing game. We will be very dynamic at full strength.

Think theyre just saving Bradshaw for the regular season. But I get what you mean. He needs to make it through a season. I think both Herron and Tipton would make good back ups.

I don't think Ridchardson will be an explosive back. I think he's more of a grinder who can pop out some decent runs. The type of running game that wears you down in the second half. Pound pound pound then try to cover our passing game. We will be very dynamic at full strength.

Right, they did the same thing with Bradshaw last year.  Not that it paid off.

I think that RIchardson is going to be the type of back that ends games, if you know what I mean.  He's okay as a starter, but we'll be better suited swapping he and Bradshaw until the game is in hand.  Then he's a finisher.

Right, they did the same thing with Bradshaw last year.  Not that it paid off.

I think that RIchardson is going to be the type of back that ends games, if you know what I mean.  He's okay as a starter, but we'll be better suited swapping he and Bradshaw until the game is in hand.  Then he's a finisher.

Yeah, 2.3 yards and a cloud of dust.

I think so, too, about Richardson; I always thought he was more of a short yardage back anyway.  Herron, though, gets the ball and goes.  He gets low and moves.  I was pretty impressed with him at the game and at camp last week.

I really wouldn't call it whining. It is a concern for all Colt fans especially after last season. If it really bothers you that much I guess you don't have to read about it. Then you compound it by making comments about it. Sounds like you are the one who is whining.

Yes, because my one sentence comment really compounds the situation. Hey, if you wanna sound like a 14 yr old girl and whine constantly about something you have zero control over, be my guest.

No one is saying Donald Brown was a stud...just that he performed better than Trent did last year behind the same offensive line. So blaming all of Trent's woes on our offensive line is not an excuse.  Some of the problem is Trent.  Hopefully he can perform better this year. 

If you go back and look at the formations that Brown was running out of you will see a difference. Brown was also a 5 year seasoned RB that had been on one team. TRich was a second year RB with two different teams and 3 different OCs. Only time will tell if TRich works out but to automatically rule him a bust is too soon.

If you go back and look at the formations that Brown was running out of you will see a difference. Brown was also a 5 year seasoned RB that had been on one team. TRich was a second year RB with two different teams and 3 different OCs. Only time will tell if TRich works out but to automatically rule him a bust is too soon.

I am willing to give him a chance this year to see if he can perform better. From what I've seen in the two preseason games thus far he looks like the same ole, same ole but we'll see what happens when the bullets are live.  

I am willing to give him a chance this year to see if he can perform better. From what I've seen in the two preseason games thus far he looks like the same ole, same ole but we'll see what happens when the bullets are live.  

I think that is all we can all do. Kind of hard to tell with the pre season games because the starting O-Linemen were not together.