Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Defensive Line Play

#BringBobBack

One positive I saw tonight was the play of the D-Line I thought we generated good pass rush off the ends.

I also thought our NT's, like Chapman and McKinney we're taking up a lot of space and getting double teams. 

I'm happy with how the defensive line looked today, sucks about Pendleton though, next man up.

One positive I saw tonight was the play of the D-Line I thought we generated good pass rush off the ends.

I also thought our NT's, like Chapman and McKinney we're taking up a lot of space and getting double teams. 

I'm happy with how the defensive line looked today, sucks about Pendleton though, next man up.

Ya it sucks that Harnish is the worst QB ever might have won it LOL.

I was also impressed. I plan to re-watch the game this weekend and look away from the ball more. But overall it seemed like a very good performance by the entire front 7.

I could definitely see the difference and improvements of the d-line with Jones being out there instead of RJF. He just seems much bigger, stronger, and quicker then the rest of the d-lineman.

While I'm not as down on RJF as you are, I do think the DL as a whole looked great today.  I've been saying for a while that I think the DL will be one of our strengths this year.  With the addition of Jones and Chapman taking over at NT for Franklin plus still having RJF and Hughes among others as depth...I'm really excited about the DL this year.

I'm like so so on Jean Francois. I don't care for him that much

One thing I'll say for sure is I definitely like him better than Ricardo Matthews and Fili Moala.  With RJF, Jones, Redding, Chapman and McKinney we have 5 capable starters for the 3 DL positions, plus Hughes should consider to develop and improve to go along with some other promising young guys.  Unless there are multiple injuries, we should have a nice DL rotation this year.

Agree, the writing is on the wall this probably will be his last year. I want to see Hughes get more reps and be the rotational DE.

I'm okay with him coming off the bench like he did in SF, but not as a starter.  I still think there is better talent out there than him, but he is an upgrade over Moala and Matthews to me.

I liked how Brandon McKinney played tonight thought he played nasty had strong double teams and was a great run stopper by plugging up holes on

the line. hope he can move up the depth chart and make the roster, but we have so many talented defensive linemen that's no easy task. hoping he

plays even better for the rest of the preseason and  stay healthy. Heck I hope EVERYONE STAYS HEALTHY! ....PLEASE?

Agree, the writing is on the wall this probably will be his last year. I want to see Hughes get more reps and be the rotational DE.

I'm okay with him coming off the bench like he did in SF, but not as a starter.  I still think there is better talent out there than him, but he is an upgrade over Moala and Matthews to me.

I didn't think RJF was bad last year.  He wasn't all-pro or anything but considering it was his first year in a new defense, his first year as a full time starter, his first year with new teammates around him that he had to gain chemistry with...I thought he finished the year on a pretty good note.  He did struggle early, but that's understandable imo for the reasons I've already listed.  

I definitely don't think there's anything set in stone with him yet.  we'll have to see how much longer Redding can play at a high level.  This is the last year on his contract.  if he's not re-signed I could see the starters next year being Jones (DE) - Chapman (NT) and RJF (DT).  Now if RJF shows no improvement from last year then sure he could definitely be gone.  But I definitely don't think there's any writing on the wall for him just yet.

I didn't think RJF was bad last year.  He wasn't all-pro or anything but considering it was his first year in a new defense, his first year as a full time starter, his first year with new teammates around him that he had to gain chemistry with...I thought he finished the year on a pretty good note.  He did struggle early, but that's understandable imo for the reasons I've already listed.  

I definitely don't think there's anything set in stone with him yet.  we'll have to see how much longer Redding can play at a high level.  This is the last year on his contract.  if he's not re-signed I could see the starters next year being Jones (DE) - Chapman (NT) and RJF (DT).  Now if RJF shows no improvement from last year then sure he could definitely be gone.  But I definitely don't think there's any writing on the wall for him just yet.

RJF also dealt with some injuries last season. He was serviceable, but we need more. Redding probably retires after this season, which puts RJF back on the frontline.