Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A Coach and 3 QBs to play a game for your life

Shane Bond

The best part of this question is..it doesn't ask who's better,..

It just asks who you'd want in the first half....second half and overtime..

After Michael Vick runs 'em ragged in the first two quarters...Peyton comes in and smokes 'em late..

..and if it goes OT..Ive got Johnny Unitas...who invented the 2-minuite drill..and the won the so-called 'Greatest Game of all Time'

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was referring to the 2002 Vick and the Falcons playoff upset of Favre and the Packers.

Vick never beat them in 2010. Favre's good year was 2009 and he wasn't a Packer. How many have you had lol!

A funny story though...when Vick came out of nowhere to lead that 20 point comeback (they did tie it before losing at the end), I got lost in the madness and forgot I hated him for killing animals.

No Brady and brees do not always discuss their performances in losses, nobody does. That's my point

to the contrary they do . . . its something that might not be broadcast a great deal but they do talk to the press after looses even the SB ones . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nSa18rvVzI

and even that coach everyone says does not talk either . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J20panZt90E

to the contrary they do . . . its something that might not be broadcast a great deal but they do talk to the press after looses even the SB ones . . .

How are you, Yehoodi?.

Long time. Hope all is well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nSa18rvVzI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J20panZt90E

This is why I respect the Patriots so much as a franchise. Their HC & QB use the word "I" constantly which takes direct responsibility for the outcome. Character isn't defined by how you win, but what you do when you lose. I also respect how HC BB said "That's between me & my team." He answers the questions, breaks down plays, & makes no excuses. 

Look, I respect Peyton Manning & I realize that losing in such a lopsided SB hurts like hades & it is quite embarrassing even thought 18 will never admit that publicly. Was it gracious of Peyton to say nice things about the Seahawks & praise them in their own locker room? Yes of course it was & it speaks to his high character as a person. However, I just wish Peyton would say "I was not effective tonight. I have to play better. I caused us some costly turnovers like the Chancellor pick for instance. I came up short & as a 5 time MVP I clearly did not play Championship football tonight facts are facts." 

I'm not trying to drag 18 through the mud here. I'm just am diametrically opposed to a HOF QB deemed NFL royalty thinking that it's within his right to never discuss how he played on February 2nd. I don't care how popular or well liked he is as a field general or international celebrity. I care about fairness regardless of a person's fame, clout, recognition, or name. Peyton puts on his pants the same way I do & the minute someone is shielded or protected from being required to critique his role in the biggest game of his NFL life is the minute that person seems to demonstrate that ordinary rules don't apply to them. No equality whatsoever.

Peyton will bounce back from this devastating loss IMO. I just would have appreciated more direct responsibility on his behalf. When I mess up, I own it. I've always been brought up that way so I respect people like BB & Brady who use the word "I", take their lumps, & acknowledge their mistakes & shortcomings. People admire others who say "I blew it. My bad" & they are more inclined to come to your defense because you are not seeking refuge, shelter, or protection & you are not searching for scapegoats. Even silence can be a scapegoat when you refuse to state the obvious Peyton & I'm equally ticked off at the NFL media for letting Manning get away with not talking about his QB performance. It really upsets me actually. 

Will I ever get 18 to assess his participation in this game? Probably not. I just find it ironic that 1st fans say Manning answered questions about how he played--he didn't. Next, I am told no other QB does that & both BB & Brady own their loss directly & now all I hear are crickets chirping hoping all this inquiry will just disappear. Very sad if you ask me. Sigh...

Yes. I agree with Shane too. It's nice to see you posting on here again Yehoodi. I appreciate the clarity you always bring when you write something & you like foghorn leghorn cartoons so in my book that makes you awesome!  :thmup:

My dad raised chickens when I was a kid & he loved that Warner Brothers cartoon. In those days, with only 1 family TV you watched what your parents wanted to watch. There were no ipods, DVD players, or other forms of entertainment except maybe Atari video games. 

bird_77___foghorn_leghorn_by_masterkrypt

all qbs have post game press conferences. that waant the discussion

This is why I respect the Patriots so much as a franchise. Their HC & QB use the word "I" constantly which takes direct responsibility for the outcome. Character isn't defined by how you win, but what you do when you lose. I also respect how HC BB said "That's between me & my team." He answers the questions, breaks down plays, & makes no excuses. 

Look, I respect Peyton Manning & I realize that losing in such a lopsided SB hurts like hades & it is quite embarrassing even thought 18 will never admit that publicly. Was it gracious of Peyton to say nice things about the Seahawks & praise them in their own locker room? Yes of course it was & it speaks to his high character as a person. However, I just wish Peyton would say "I was not effective tonight. I have to play better. I caused us some costly turnovers like the Chancellor pick for instance. I came up short & as a 5 time MVP I clearly did not play Championship football tonight facts are facts." 

I'm not trying to drag 18 through the mud here. I'm just am diametrically opposed to a HOF QB deemed NFL royalty thinking that it's within his right to never discuss how he played on February 2nd. I don't care how popular or well liked he is as a field general or international celebrity. I care about fairness regardless of a person's fame, clout, recognition, or name. Peyton puts on his pants the same way I do & the minute someone is shielded or protected from being required to critique his role in the biggest game of his NFL life is the minute that person seems to demonstrate that ordinary rules don't apply to them. No equality whatsoever.

Peyton will bounce back from this devastating loss IMO. I just would have appreciated more direct responsibility on his behalf. When I mess up, I own it. I've always been brought up that way so I respect people like BB & Brady who use the word "I", take their lumps, & acknowledge their mistakes & shortcomings. People admire others who say "I blew it. My bad" & they are more inclined to come to your defense because you are not seeking refuge, shelter, or protection & you are not searching for scapegoats. Even silence can be a scapegoat when you refuse to state the obvious Peyton & I'm equally ticked off at the NFL media for letting Manning get away with not talking about his QB performance. It really upsets me actually. 

Will I ever get 18 to assess his participation in this game? Probably not. I just find it ironic that 1st fans say Manning answered questions about how he played--he didn't. Next, I am told no other QB does that & both BB & Brady own their loss directly & now all I hear are crickets chirping hoping all this inquiry will just disappear. Very sad if you ask me. Sigh...

SW1 - Remember that throw Brady made to Welker which was not caught. Whose fault is it?. Bad throw or dropped catch?.

Welker was asked after the game and said that drop oh him and that he should catch that ball 100 out of 100 times.

What else do you expect him to say - Brady made a bad throw?.

My personal opinion, the throw was a bit high.

Brady was asked about it as well and he kept praising Welker ( in otherwords saying my throw was perfect ). Now, we can argue Brady didnt acknowledge as well.

Point is these things occur in a loss. There are very few plays in a football we can blame one individual. Mostly, its a team loss.

What else do you expect him to say - Brady made a bad throw?.

My personal opinion, the throw was a bit high.

Brady was asked about it as well and he kept praising Welker ( in otherwords saying my throw was perfect ). Now, we can argue Brady didnt acknowledge as well.

Point is these things occur in a loss. There are very few plays in a football we can blame one individual. Mostly, its a team loss.

Brady was asked and said they didn't connect on the play and never suggested his throw was perfect.  Neither he or Welker avoided the question or felt insulted by being asked about it.

Brady was asked and said they didn't connect on the play and never suggested his throw was perfect.  Neither he or Welker avoided the question or felt insulted by being asked about it.

He didnt say he made a bad throw which is what this whole discussion is all about. Acknowledging and accountability.

Like i said, we cant blame any players for losses unless its very evident. Its a team game.

He didnt say he made a bad throw which is what this whole discussion is all about. Acknowledging and accountability.

Like i said, we cant blame any players for losses unless its very evident. Its a team game.

No, the discussion has been about answering a question and not being insulted by an appropriate post-game question. Brady does not have to say he made a bad throw as he may not believe that as Welker got two hands on the ball and it was a perfect spiral. The fact is he did answer it and was not insulted by it and did not chide the reporter for asking it.

No, the discussion has been about answering a question and not being insulted by an appropriate post-game question. Brady does not have to say he made a bad throw as he may not believe that as Welker got two hands on the ball and it was a perfect spiral. The fact is he did answer it and was not insulted by it and did not chide the reporter for asking it.

Here is a different opinion and i agree with them. It was bit too high.

Peyton answered too. He said it was insulting. He didnt stay quiet. There is nothing to embarrased about. These players have a lot of pride and self respect and they work hard for this. Whats there to be embarrassed. Better team won. Simple.

In UFC, the guy who loses the fight with blood in his face. Is he embarrassed?. No. Thats the nature of the beast.

Here is a different opinion and i agree with them. It was bit too high.

Peyton answered too. He said it was insulting. He didnt stay quiet. There is nothing to embarrased about. These players have a lot of pride and self respect and they work hard for this. Whats there to be embarrassed. Better team won. Simple.

In UFC, the guy who loses the fight with blood in his face. Is he embarrassed?. No. Thats the nature of the beast.

Peyton did not answer the question but said he was insulted. He is entitled to say whatever he wants or not say in this case but SW wanted to hear more from him. That is not unreasonable given the most historic offense in NFL history was shut down all game. You bringing up the Welker drop is irrelevant as both he and Brady did answer the question and were not insulted by it. The two situations are not the same in anyway.

Peyton did not answer the question but said he was insulted. He is entitled to say whatever he wants or not say in this case but SW wanted to hear more from him. That is not unreasonable given the most historic offense in NFL history was shut down all game. You bringing up the Welker drop is irrelevant as both he and Brady did answer the question and were not insulted by it. The two situations are not the same in anyway.

They are the same.

Its about accountability. Brady was asked specifically about the drop and he didnt acknowledge its his fault.

Peyton was asking not about one play but the whole game in general and he said it is insulting to ask that way. Did he stay quiet or said next question?. No.

They did ask if the highest scoring team in the history of the league at that time was embarrassed that they only scored 14 points against a 9-7 giants team

They are the same.

Its about accountability. Brady was asked specifically about the drop and he didnt acknowledge its his fault.

Peyton was asking not about one play but the whole game in general and he said it is insulting to ask that way. Did he stay quiet or said next question?. No.

No. it is about accountability period. YOU think it was his fault. He addressed the question and said they did not connect which would put blame on both parties.

Manning was insulted by the question and chided the person for asking it. Brady and Welker answered the question.

No. it is about accountability period. YOU think it was his fault. He addressed the question and said they did not connect which would put blame on both parties.

Manning was insulted by the question and chided the person for asking it. Brady and Welker answered the question.

I dont want to repeat my previous post. Its clear this will go in circles.

Yes I am done too. You made an apples to oranges comparison and were called out on it.

Yeah it would have been better if you ended with done too. But you have to mention apples to oranges.

It is not apples to oranges. If Manning is blamed for his answer, Brady is too. Period.

In the original post i meant to say reporters DID NOT ask them if they felt embarrassed that they only scored 14 points against a 9-7 team.

Gotcha. Why would they? They had the game won until the final miracle drive. It was not an embarrassing effort. They were asked about not going undefeated repeatedly as that was the main story and they answered the question every time.

Yeah it would have been better if you ended with done too. But you have to mention apples to oranges.

It is not apples to oranges. If Manning is blamed for his answer, Brady is too. Period.

Except Brady was never blamed for answer because he did answer. Manning did not answer. How this is lost on you is beyond me.

Except Brady was never blamed for answer because he did answer. Manning did not answer. How this is lost on you is beyond me.

I know you think brady is a perfect gentleman in all things. But he isn't, he has had far more meltdowns than peyton has. I don't recall peyton ever screaming at an official after a game, or using profanity on national television. So pump the breaks on the fact that Brady has never "chided" anyone

I know you think brady is a perfect gentleman in all things. But he isn't, he has had far more meltdowns than peyton has. I don't recall peyton ever screaming at an official after a game, or using profanity on national television. So pump the breaks on the fact that Brady has never "chided" anyone

Oh come on, Jvan. 

He is competitive, thats normal behaviour. When Manning gets touchy, he is bad.

How are you, Yehoodi?.

Long time. Hope all is well.

doing fine, thanks Shane . . . yah been away for a while . . . hope to be back more now that we are in camps and preseason is right around the corner! . . . hope all is well with you . . .

doing fine, thanks Shane . . . yah been away for a while . . . hope to be back more now that we are in camps and preseason is right around the corner! . . . hope all is well with you . . .

All is well, Yehoodi. 

Good to have you back.

lol. No one is a perfect gentlemen especially on a competitive field. But the point here is Manning and his response. Brady or Welker's response after the SB in 08 is irrelevant. That is all I have been discussing with Shane. They answered the questions. I was not as bothered by Manning's response as much as SW as I figured he was hurt and allowed to have an emotional outburst. As I have said in the past, I like guys that are emotional because I care that much as a fan. Sometimes our emotions overflow and we wish we handled things better. Manning is not perfect either whether it be after the SB or when he got into with Jeff Saturday on the sideline. I like when he shows the fire. Does not mean he is above criticism for it just like Brady.

I'd go with:

COACH: Joe Gibbs

QB1 Joe Montana

QB2 Tom Brady

QB3 Steve Young

I pick Gibbs because he has taken 3 different qbs to and won the SB and he would get the most out of each in whatever situation would arise. I also like Young because he can scramble a bit and of course TB and JM are pretty clutch! I love Peyton....LOVE him....if I needed a QB over a whole season to get me to the playoffs I would take him. But with my life on the line I'd go with these guys...Tom and Joe are so clutch under pressure and Steve was so accurate and can extend plays...hard to pass on those guys. So many different situations I might need a QB others I would choose but these are my guys...plus Joe is a really good christian man and I'd hope God would look out for him lol.

That said I don't know why you would ever need more than 1 for a game...wierd question.

SW1 - Remember that throw Brady made to Welker which was not caught. Whose fault is it?. Bad throw or dropped catch?.

Honestly, it was a bad throw over the wrong shoulder as your Skip Bayless video indicates. But since Welker said publicly "I have to make that catch," I agree with him. However, because Wes Welker man's up & takes full responsibility for the incomplete pass, I forgive him because he works so darn hard & 9 chances out of 10 he makes that catch like clockwork. 

Again, if a QB defends a WR & a WR admits he needs to make that completion all is forgiven by me because nothing is being shielded, brushed off, sanitized, or intentionally sidetracked/dismissed here. This is what I mean when I say  Character isn't defined by how you win, but what you do when you lose in post #85. Translation: If you an open book on both good & not so good plays especially in the SB, that bravery & courage carries a ton of capital or weight with me.

Hades, I even defended Wes Welker when I incorrectly believed the NE fan base was condemning Wes for the drop which led to that Butterfinger gimmick. Thankfully, GP set me straight with a link about a pawn shop owner in Boston trying to drum up business by slamming Wes Welker. This business owner did not speak for the entire Patriots fanbase. I was wrong about that assumption & I am indebted to GoPats for cluing me into that fact. GP rocks that way. He is very smart, fair, funny, & balanced. Thanks GP! :thmup:

I will always defend Wes. I tough hombre. I love the guy! Wes has great tastes in women too. His wife Anna is beautiful BTW. 

anna-burns-welker-9.jpg