Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Colts Can Be Back On Top Next Year..

dn4192

After what...9 weeks I challenge anyone here to point to a team in the AFC that really is dominate? I see flaws in every team and the top teams are sitting at 6-3 at best. Now with a good draft this year, a return of Peyton to 100% even with our flaws, I don't see any reason why the Colts can't put up between 11-13 wins next season. We won't be facing the type of schedule we have over the past decade and I think if ready to go Peyton and the rest of the vets will have something to prove and be determined. I think this time next year depending on Peyton we could be standing at 8-1 or 7-2 after 9 games because I just don't see anyone in the AFC that would be that much better.

After what...9 weeks I challenge anyone here to point to a team in the AFC that really is dominate? I see flaws in every team and the top teams are sitting at 6-3 at best. Now with a good draft this year, a return of Peyton to 100% even with our flaws, I don't see any reason why the Colts can't put up between 11-13 wins next season. We won't be facing the type of schedule we have over the past decade and I think if ready to go Peyton and the rest of the vets will have something to prove and be determined. I think this time next year depending on Peyton we could be standing at 8-1 or 7-2 after 9 games because I just don't see anyone in the AFC that would be that much better.

You make a very good point about the schedule.....although the NFL may find a way for us to play NE again.

I dont know..do we play the NFC North...Bears. Packers and Detroit next year?

We dont want outdoor road games in December...

But our O-line line will be better..our running game has already improved...

..and one way or another..we're going to have some high draft picks in uniform

..and Balt and Pitt are on the decline..like you say...

Houston isnt scary.....They have a top-rated defense this year because they play in a division with bad QBs.

Its all up to the doctors

You make a very good point about the schedule.....although the NFL may find a way for us to play NE again.

Houston isnt scary.....They have a top-rated defense this year because they play in a division with bad QBs.

Baltimore and Pittsburgh are not on the decline. They are the two best teams in the AFC right now.

Houston is just as much of a contender as those two, I don't know if you guys have heard of Arian Foster but that guy is having a pretty darn good season and they have been lighting it up without Andre Johnson. They are having the best season in their franchise history.

Baltimore and Pittsburgh are not on the decline. They are the two best teams in the AFC right now.

Houston is just as much of a contender as those two, I don't know if you guys have heard of Arian Foster but that guy is having a pretty darn good season and they have been lighting it up without Andre Johnson. They are having the best season in their franchise history.

Both Pitts and Baltimore are good teams, but both have huge flaws. Baltimore couldn't beat Jville or Seattle, and Pitt's is getting older in key defnesive positions. Again there is nothing about either of those teams that scream DOMINATE football.

No way this team wins 11 games next year. Even if they had manning this year I doubt they would have a winning record. Too much sloppy,and mistake filled play. Not to mention a coach that is a handicap. This franchise needs a good house cleaning starting at the top.

Your right they may not, but history says they can and given the lack of a dominate team in the AFC I don't see why they can't. I bet if you asked folk if SF could go from where they were last year to 8-1 after 9 games last year most would say not a chance.

Both Pitts and Baltimore are good teams, but both have huge flaws. Baltimore couldn't beat Jville or Seattle, and Pitt's is getting older in key defnesive positions. Again there is nothing about either of those teams that scream DOMINATE football.

Just because you can't beat a team doesn't mean you have huge flaws. They both have very good defenses and offenses with enough firepower to outscore top teams.

Also last time I checked you can win the super bowl with huge flaws (2006 Colts). Even aging players like Lewis, Reed, Polamalu still dominate games and are game changers.

Just because you can't beat a team doesn't mean you have huge flaws. They both have very good defenses and offenses with enough firepower to outscore top teams.

Also last time I checked you can win the super bowl with huge flaws (2006 Colts). Even aging players like Lewis, Reed, Polamalu still dominate games and are game changers.

Yes it does, dominate teams don't lose games to say Jville or Seattle, those are considered bottom feeder and the great teams don't lose to them.

Yes it does, dominate teams don't lose games to say Jville or Seattle, those are considered bottom feeder and the great teams don't lose to them.

So that makes the Ravens not 'dominate' (its dominant by the way)

Whats the excuse for the Steelers?

The Ravens beat the Steelers twice, and the Texans which are the next 2 best teams in the AFC yet they are not dominant because they lost to two 'bottom feeder' teams? The Colts have lost to the Jags, Titans, and Texans over the years when their record was poor as well but that doesn't automatically make the Colts not a dominant team.

So that makes the Ravens not 'dominate' (its dominant by the way)

Whats the excuse for the Steelers?

The Ravens beat the Steelers twice, and the Texans which are the next 2 best teams in the AFC yet they are not dominant because they lost to two 'bottom feeder' teams? The Colts have lost to the Jags, Titans, and Texans over the years when their record was poor as well but that doesn't automatically make the Colts not a dominant team.

Yes dominate teams win those games. Baltimore has an aging defesne with a very highly questionable offense that can't seem to figure out what it is or how they want to operate. The Steelers had to work hard yesterday to beat a team led by two rookies on offense to win that game. I am not saying that Baltimore and Pittsburgh are bad teams, they are just not dominate teams that don't have flaws. I see no reason that with a recovered Peyton, some key additions via draft and FA the colts couldn't be up on that level with the Steelers and Baltimore next year as a good team with flaws, and right now that is all you ahve to do to get a shot at the superbowl.

Yes dominate teams win those games. Baltimore has an aging defesne with a very highly questionable offense that can't seem to figure out what it is or how they want to operate. The Steelers had to work hard yesterday to beat a team led by two rookies on offense to win that game. I am not saying that Baltimore and Pittsburgh are bad teams, they are just not dominate teams that don't have flaws. I see no reason that with a recovered Peyton, some key additions via draft and FA the colts couldn't be up on that level with the Steelers and Baltimore next year as a good team with flaws, and right now that is all you ahve to do to get a shot at the superbowl.

just because they are rookies doesn't mean they are bad or for that matter just because you barely beat two rookies doesn't mean your team isn't dominant or a great team. Has it ever occurred to you maybe the Bengals are actually good? I mean they were 6-2. They have a top defense.

Last time I checked it doesn't matter how you win, its all about getting that win. No team is 100% perfect they all have flaws, the 07 Pats flaws were exposed in the SB. You can be dominant and still have flaws. The Packers are a dominant team yet their defense is being carved up every week.

just because they are rookies doesn't mean they are bad or for that matter just because you barely beat two rookies doesn't mean your team isn't dominant or a great team. Has it ever occurred to you maybe the Bengals are actually good? I mean they were 6-2. They have a top defense.

Last time I checked it doesn't matter how you win, its all about getting that win. No team is 100% perfect they all have flaws, the 07 Pats flaws were exposed in the SB. You can be dominant and still have flaws. The Packers are a dominant team yet their defense is being carved up every week.

You are right, the Packers are a flawed team which again is why I say that it's not unthinkable to consider if Peyton is 100% next year and we have a very good productive draft we can't be right back up there.

There is no way to predict where this team will be a year from now.

Mannings health and ability to come back (even if healthy) after an 18 month lay - off are too hard to judge. He might come back as good as ever or he could come back as a so - so QB that won't make it thru the season without getting injured.

Havinge the #1 pick and an easier schedule will help them be better -- of course, can they really be worse than 0-10 this time next year?

Baltimore is not good at all. They lost to two pretty pathetic teams.

I think if you look around the league as a whole, it's not to hard to believe that with some changes in the right spots and a return of Peyton to full health this franchise next season can not be back in the discussion for the playoffs.

Strength of schedule really doesn't change that much if you finish last in your division, it only effects two games... & next year I believe we play AFC East & NFC North so actually next years overall schedule will be more difficult than this years, on paper...

AFC East isn't what it use to be. The Pats are on decline with no sign of great improvement coming. The Jets..well are the Jets, the Bills have show flashes of better football but still a ways away and then there are the Dolphins. As for the NFC north you have a great team in the Packers but the Vikings are rebuilding and the Bears and Lions who are good but not great. Of those 8 games I see with a healthy Peyton and depending on where and when they are played the Colts winning at least 4-5 of those games. You add in 4 wins within our division that is 9 wins total with 2 wins coming in the other two games possibly.

AFC East isn't what it use to be. The Pats are on decline with no sign of great improvement coming. The Jets..well are the Jets, the Bills have show flashes of better football but still a ways away and then there are the Dolphins. As for the NFC north you have a great team in the Packers but the Vikings are rebuilding and the Bears and Lions who are good but not great. Of those 8 games I see with a healthy Peyton and depending on where and when they are played the Colts winning at least 4-5 of those games. You add in 4 wins within our division that is 9 wins total with 2 wins coming in the other two games possibly.

Did you watch the second half of Pats last nights game.?.? They looked like a new team... The Pats will more than likely win out this year, (they are through the more difficult part of their schedule) they more than likely win their division & can easliy put up more points than any other AFC team... would it surprise anyone if they played in Indy this Feb. Plus they will definitely address their D this off season... I doubt they have a bottom ranked Defense two years in a row... If their D plays like they did second half last night the rest of this season they won't be ranked so low at seAsons end...

Jets have played in last two AFC championships & are definitely still in the Wildcard race... I don'ty expect much to change next year... They will be contenders, & Bills surprised early this year... & NFC North is arguably strongest NFC division...

Just saying...

Strength of schedule is a funny thing... Just because you finish last place doesn't mean next years schedule is a breeze... Finishing last effects 2 games...

Did you watch the second half of Pats last nights game.?.? They looked like a new team... The Pats will more than likely win out this year, (they are through the more difficult part of their schedule) they more than likely win their division & can easliy put up more points than any other AFC team... would it surprise anyone if they played in Indy this Feb. Plus they will definitely address their D this off season... I doubt they have a bottom ranked Defense two years in a row... If their D plays like they did second half last night the rest of this season they won't be ranked so low at seAsons end...

Jets have played in last two AFC championships & are definitely still in the Wildcard race... I don'ty expect much to change next year... They will be contenders, & Bills surprised early this year... & NFC North is arguably strongest NFC division...

Just saying...

Strength of schedule is a funny thing... Just because you finish last place doesn't mean next years schedule is a breeze... Finishing last effects 2 games...

Pats are as good as Tom Brady goes. Their defense has been for a while now and the great one ( a defensive coordinator) has not done a good job of building a defense. Last night was the fist game the Pats passing game has had a somewhat verticle passing game as they have not had any deep threats this season. They are still good no question but are not the powerhouse on both sides of the ball like they were at one time.

Pats are as good as Tom Brady goes. Their defense has been for a while now and the great one ( a defensive coordinator) has not done a good job of building a defense. Last night was the fist game the Pats passing game has had a somewhat verticle passing game as they have not had any deep threats this season. They are still good no question but are not the powerhouse on both sides of the ball like they were at one time.

Colts, even with a healthy Manning, are way more flawed than the Patriots.

I would not agree. With Peyton the Colts/Pats offenses are about equal and stat wise the Pat defense is worse then or about as bad as the Colts this year.

I wouldn't expect you to agree because you agree with no one but yourself. The Patriots' defense is worse in the fact that they give up more yards per game but they give up fewer points than the Colts. I'm not saying that the Patriots are perfect, but they do try to fix the problems that they have. The Colts do the same thing week in and week out and hope for better results.

I wouldn't expect you to agree because you agree with no one but yourself. The Patriots' defense is worse in the fact that they give up more yards per game but they give up fewer points than the Colts. I'm not saying that the Patriots are perfect, but they do try to fix the problems that they have. The Colts do the same thing week in and week out and hope for better results.

If the Pats fixed things wouldn't their defense improve? Their defense has not been good now for a couple of seasons, which is reflected in poor play since their loss in teh SB to the Giants. The mighty Bill B. has had a ton of picks and such and even FA pick ups and yet the mighty Pats D is well.....not very good.

It all depends on Manning.

Playing a last place schedule our opponents look like this at this point

Home: Buffalo, Miami, Green Bay, Minnesota, Cleveland(currently), Jacksonville, Tennessee, Houston

Away New England, New York Jets, Chicago, Detroit, AFC West 4th place team(currently KC)Jacksonville, Tennessee, Houston

Cleveland & Kansas City could change, but Cleveland is almost cemented, and at this point it could be any team from the AFC West.

It's not exactly a walk in the park, some fairly easy games sprinkled in with some tough ones.

If we get an overhaul from our coaching staff and a healthy 18, then it will be a better season than if things remain the same and 18 returns or if we have a new QB moving forward.

With a healthy 18 I see us at anywhere from 7-3 to 9-1 and that is with the worst coaching staff in the NFL this season, so with a healthy 18, then the sky is the limit, and improves with the more we change the structure this team is based on.

It all depends on Manning.

Playing a last place schedule our opponents look like this at this point

Home: Buffalo, Miami, Green Bay, Minnesota, Cleveland(currently), Jacksonville, Tennessee, Houston

Away New England, New York Jets, Chicago, Detroit, AFC West 4th place team(currently KC)Jacksonville, Tennessee, Houston

Cleveland & Kansas City could change, but Cleveland is almost cemented, and at this point it could be any team from the AFC West.

It's not exactly a walk in the park, some fairly easy games sprinkled in with some tough ones.

If we get an overhaul from our coaching staff and a healthy 18, then it will be a better season than if things remain the same and 18 returns or if we have a new QB moving forward.

With a healthy 18 I see us at anywhere from 7-3 to 9-1 and that is with the worst coaching staff in the NFL this season, so with a healthy 18, then the sky is the limit, and improves with the more we change the structure this team is based on.

How do you know who we play at home and away? Is it already annouced?

How do you know who we play at home and away? Is it already annouced?

It's a formula that the NFL has used for a number of years since they expanded with Houston. Of course if they decide to go to a 17 or 18 game schedule then everything would likely be altered. The NFL could also alter it at any point, but based on the 2002-2011 formula, that is who we would play next year. It is set up so every local team gets to see the other teams every 8 years or something to that effect.

http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedules/nfl_future_afcs.htm

Anyone know how many times we've played the Patriots in Foxboro since the NFL started using that formula?

I may be wrong here but

2003(playoffs),2004(playoffs),2005,2006,2010,2011(TBD),2012(TBD)

we played them at home 2003,2004,2006(playoffs),2007,2008

Houston is scary ... Schaub getting hurt sucks for them BUT, they have something they can hang their hat on other than the QB..... A Defense. The Texans have been drafting heavy on D for a few years now, and Wade Phillips IS a GREAT DC.

Tenn has Locker in the waiting .... And Gabbert just beat us...

The Colts most certainly can turn things around quickly but the rest of the division is on the come...

Houston is scary ... Schaub getting hurt sucks for them BUT, they have something they can hang their hat on other than the QB..... A Defense. The Texans have been drafting heavy on D for a few years now, and Wade Phillips IS a GREAT DC.

Tenn has Locker in the waiting .... And Gabbert just beat us...

The Colts most certainly can turn things around quickly but the rest of the division is on the come...

Yes, everyone keeps forgetting that the rest of the division is improving.......

Yes, everyone keeps forgetting that the rest of the division is improving.......

Improving? Lets see the Titans have an aging QB with an untested rookie in the wings whom at some point will take over. A high prices RB who could very well be either released to traded in the offseason. A defense that isn't what I would call great...how are they improving? Then there is Jville, a team that has already gone to the rookie QB and they can't score, their D is so so but if you believe the talk will have a new head coach and staff next year which means changes happening...how are they improving. That leaves Houston which everyone says should be improving and yet each year seems to struggle to get to 8-8? Where is all this improvement you see?

Improving? Lets see the Titans have an aging QB with an untested rookie in the wings whom at some point will take over. A high prices RB who could very well be either released to traded in the offseason. A defense that isn't what I would call great...how are they improving? Then there is Jville, a team that has already gone to the rookie QB and they can't score, their D is so so but if you believe the talk will have a new head coach and staff next year which means changes happening...how are they improving. That leaves Houston which everyone says should be improving and yet each year seems to struggle to get to 8-8? Where is all this improvement you see?

Take your pick. Either the AFC South is getting better or the Colts are getting worse. Titans are better than they were last season. Johnson had a great game on Sunday and he will break out of his funk. Locker will be ready for next season. Jacksonville has a decent defense and MJD and once they get a new coaching staff they will be better with Gabbert. Houston is 7-3, their defense is much improved and they have a running game. All three have beaten the Colts this year and all there will probably beat the Colts again.

Why don't you want outdoor games for the Colts in December? Are you implying that the Colts can't play in the winter elements? Snow/cold is no stranger to the Colts. In fact, the Colts practice in the cold to prepare for cold outdoor games. Historically, the Colts have played well and won quite of few games in the cold, snow, and rain.

Rain, snow, or shine, the Colts can play anywhere.