Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brad Wells gone from Stampede Blue.

Dustin

I liked Brad Wells, he was a little too pessimistic, but he criticized the team and didn't just constantly praise them. Good luck to him wherever he decides to go.

Ugh he was awful! There was zero insight. Just Polian - Grigson bashing that bordered on conspiracy theory. The guy will make a great sci-fi writer. With all of that said, stampedeblue returns to my bookmarks. :)

He can paint this like some sort of voluntary transition but I'm willing to bet that once Mathis took him to task - repeatedly - his days there were numbered.

You don't pull Super Man's cape.

I honestly would not be surprised if this were the case.... But that makes it all that much better as to why he's leaving...

I choose to believe this is why he is leaving :) thank Adonai!

I honestly would not be surprised if this were the case.... But that makes it all that much better as to why he's leaving...

I choose to believe this is why he is leaving :) thank Adonai!

he is leaving because he got fired because he sucked at his job

LOL!!!

Him overseeing a site dedicated to the Colts on SBNation was a good one, foundationally. The messages were not sound whenever they came from him, there were other writers who got overshadowed because of him. So, the good parts, that are the site and some of the other writers, stay :).

yea coltsfanwilson(Josh Wilson) is good IMO

What is it about having the last name of "Wells" that makes you a crappy writer who hates the Colts?  One down, but sadly still stuck with the other. 

The other day I was reading an ESPN article about the Colts and though "Oh my God, Wells actually wrote a decent article!!!" I was literally ready to point it out to him and tell him as one of his biggest critics, he had done a good job.  Then I saw he had simply posted someone else's articles on the Colts Nation blog on the ESPN board.  Figures.  

I had less exposure to the "other" Wells, but what I did read was garbage and was so amazingly inferior to the other lower ranking writers including the guy who is taking his place.  He was universally excellent, even when I disagreed with him he was professional in presentation and simply had a different opinion which is fine with me.  I don't need to agree with anyone, I just expect a reasonable level of professionalism and honest intent in their work.  

I've read better analysis here all the time than I ever saw from Wells.  Either of them for that matter.  

He totally lost me when he said if Colts lost the opener last year against the a Raiders, Pagano would likely have been fired. One game into the season, just back from Chuckstrong cancer fight.....sure Brad. You stick to that one.

Posted · Hidden by Superman, July 16, 2014 - promotional
Hidden by Superman, July 16, 2014 - promotional

Brad Wells and his ego was one of the reasons why a bunch of Colts fans got together and started another site, ColtsCamp.com this past month.  It's still young, but it's promising.

Why couldn't he keep doing the same thing from Canada? It's not like he actually went to games or practices or ever talked to anybody having anything to do with the Colts.

Did his mom move to Canada and take her basement with her?

Why couldn't he keep doing the same thing from Canada? It's not like he actually went to games or practices or ever talked to anybody having anything to do with the Colts.

Did his mom move to Canada and take her basement with her?

Right. He was already in NY. It's not like he's suddenly gonna be out of town.

Whatever the reason, it's the right move for everyone. I'm glad it happened.