Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign Brandon Burton [Merge]

I always go for the man coverage also! Zone just doesn't work! haha I'm gonna have to try and sign him now

Zone def works man, i love running zone especially Zone blitz's the key is getting QB pressure. I do also mix it up and play man as well to throw my opponent off.  i average about 4-5 int a game.

Drafted in the 5th round in 2011 and was considered one of the best CB prospects for the draft. He has been on the Vikings, Bills, and Bengals. He was recently released by the Bengals and according to, yes, Bleacher Report he has been signed by the Colts( claimed off of Waivers). So as of now, no Flowers or Houston. Good luck to him!

Drafted in the 5th round in 2011 and was considered one of the best CB prospects for the draft. He has been on the Vikings, Bills, and Bengals. He was recently released by the Bengals and according to, yes, Bleacher Report he has been signed by the Colts( claimed off of Waivers). So as of now, no Flowers or Houston. Good luck to him!

Burton has absolutely no bearing on whether or not we sign Brandon Flowers. Burton was signed more than 24 hours before Flowers was even released.

um who? is he any good

He's 24 years old, was drafted in 2011 and he's now with his 4th team.  So I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say he's not very good.  

At best he's depth.  But there is a good chance he's camp fodder too.  We're giving him a chance obviously, but he probably won't make the team.  

He's 24 years old, was drafted in 2011 and he's now with his 4th team.  So I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say he's not very good.  

At best he's depth.  But there is a good chance he's camp fodder too.  We're giving him a chance obviously, but he probably won't make the team.

I am going to believe/hope that he was released by those teams due to scheme changes and/or roster availability

I am going to believe/hope that he was released by those teams due to scheme changes and/or roster availability

If you read the dates on when he joined the team and when he was released it was pretty clear he was camp fodder in 2 of 3 cases.  The one case were he wasn't camp fodder was the Bills who picked him up mid season, used him for 5 games and released him.

Sorry, this just isn't a big signing.  AT BEST this guy works out to be our #4 CB.  But there is a very very good chance that he just doesn't make the team.  

Sorry guys just nothing to be excited about here.  

I don't remember the "hype," but I do think he was projected to be a 2nd or 3rd rounder, and he fell to the 5th, then got cut in preseason. It's an interesting pickup, but nothing to get too excited about.

I think your right. He could be a camp body but anything is possible I guess.