Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Irsay Sends Bill Polian A Message To Handle Criticism Better, 2 Articles

bayone

Jim Irsay Sends An Interesting Message To Bill Polian, Via Twitter

Earlier today, Irsay as I am sure u have read t Jim Irsay's morning tweets about how

Colts fans need to 'BUCK UP!' along with his response to Bob Kravitz's article this past Sunday on the 'toxic environment' that is the Colts front office under the direction of G.M. Chris Polian, the son of current Colts vice chairman Bill Polian.

Well, not long after Irsay made those tweets, he posted this rather interesting message on Twitter that, at face value, seems to be a bit of a shot at Bill Polian.

My friend Bob K,was off base on his article … all that Watergate stuff, unnamed sources, blah, blah … 2 heavy handed, not enough perspective

He then followed that up with this:

But we all have 2 handle criticism in this business, with poise, it comes with the territory … I’m just blessed 2 have another day, 2 go 2 work

That last tweet seems to be directed at ole Bill' shots at Bob Kravitz & his angrily calling them '

rats who lie about people.'

As PFT notes, it seems that

Mr. Irsay is not all too happy with Bill Polian for that 'rats' comment. Makes you wonder if Irsay is still committed to Bill or his son after this season.

Jim Irsay sends Bill Polian a message … on Twitter

“My friend Bob K,was off base on his article … all that Watergate stuff, unnamed sources, blah, blah … 2 heavy handed, not enough perspective,” Irsay tweeted Wednesday morning. “But we all have 2 handle criticism in this business, with poise, it comes with the territory … I’m just blessed 2 have another day, 2 go 2 work.”

Instead of simply defending Polian, Irsay calls Kravitz his friend and says Polian has to handle criticism with more poise. Irsay takes issue with the article too, but the Colts owner essentially plays it down the middle and points out that we’re all lucky to have a job.

http://profootballta...age-on-twitter/

Edited by bayone

Jim Irsay Sends An Interesting Message To Bill Polian, Via Twitter

Earlier today, Irsay as I am sure u have read t Jim Irsay's morning tweets about how

Colts fans need to 'BUCK UP!' along with his response to Bob Kravitz's article this past Sunday on the 'toxic environment' that is the Colts front office under the direction of G.M. Chris Polian, the son of current Colts vice chairman Bill Polian.

Well, not long after Irsay made those tweets, he posted this rather interesting message on Twitter that, at face value, seems to be a bit of a shot at Bill Polian.

My friend Bob K,was off base on his article … all that Watergate stuff, unnamed sources, blah, blah … 2 heavy handed, not enough perspective

He then followed that up with this:

But we all have 2 handle criticism in this business, with poise, it comes with the territory … I’m just blessed 2 have another day, 2 go 2 work

That last tweet seems to be directed at ole Bill' shots at Bob Kravitz & his angrily calling them '

rats who lie about people.'

As PFT notes, it seems that

Mr. Irsay is not all too happy with Bill Polian for that 'rats' comment. Makes you wonder if Irsay is still committed to Bill or his son after this season.

Jim Irsay sends Bill Polian a message … on Twitter

“My friend Bob K,was off base on his article … all that Watergate stuff, unnamed sources, blah, blah … 2 heavy handed, not enough perspective,” Irsay tweeted Wednesday morning. “But we all have 2 handle criticism in this business, with poise, it comes with the territory … I’m just blessed 2 have another day, 2 go 2 work.”

Instead of simply defending Polian, Irsay calls Kravitz his friend and says Polian has to handle criticism with more poise. Irsay takes issue with the article too, but the Colts owner essentially plays it down the middle and points out that we’re all lucky to have a job.

http://profootballta...age-on-twitter/

Okay...so?

I doubt irsay sent any message.. the article would just like fans to think so

Yes, this was sent just for the fans so we would think something is being done. I think a lot of Irsay's tweets are just smokescreens. If Irsay wanted to send a message to Polian, why would he send it through twitter? Polian probably still uses a typewriter.

Especially if daddy gave us one simply based on being family.

OMG...Bill Polian is the first person ever to hire in his kid into his job...hey wait a minute...doesn't Irsay's kid have a key position in the Colts? Wait...how did Jim Irsay get his job with the Colts?

Especially if daddy gave us one simply based on being family.

Colts are a family business as are many nfl teams and many businesses in general.

Being family is not the issue. if you want to say he's the wrong guy for the job, fine you are entitled to your opinion.

My goodness........Caldwell isn't related to anyone and people criticize that as well.

The trap has been set. C'mon Bill.....fall into it. Here's hoping Bill's untamed ego sends him packing. I don't see it but one can hope.

What is nice to know is that when it is all said and done, the owner of the Colts is a smart man who knows that his franchise's success is tied to 1 man, and there is no way he is going to remove that man because a few colt fans have their undies in a bunch.

What is nice to know is that when it is all said and done, the owner of the Colts is a smart man who knows that his franchise's success is tied to 1 man, and there is no way he is going to remove that man because a few colt fans have their undies in a bunch.

I have wanted him gone for a long time. Way before the resting starters fiasco.

Edited by presto123

I agree. There is no way he is going to cut Peyton Manning unless he wants to play elsewhere.

Edited by Blue Horseshoe

Man what the heck side are you on? We know no dont like Manning all you do is bash him, you play both side of the fence on every other issue but yet act like you are the Colts biggest fan but yet it is 50/50 with the Bucs. You hit every thread with 4 different views I am not sure if you are truly that confused in your views or just like antagonizing everyone.

Colts are a family business as are many nfl teams and many businesses in general.

Being family is not the issue. if you want to say he's the wrong guy for the job, fine you are entitled to your opinion.

My goodness........Caldwell isn't related to anyone and people criticize that as well.

Caldwell isn't blood, but he was handpicked as a successor out of the Dungy "coaching tree". Sort of similar, I can make a reasonable connection.

Man what the heck side are you on? We know no dont like Manning all you do is bash him, you play both side of the fence on every other issue but yet act like you are the Colts biggest fan but yet it is 50/50 with the Bucs. You hit every thread with 4 different views I am not sure if you are truly that confused in your views or just like antagonizing everyone.

My views have been the same all the time. Peyton Mannings "era" is over and the colts need to begin looking towards the next decade. Jim Caldwell may be a good coach or a bad coach, neither I, nor any "Joe Fan" has any real ability to know that for sure since we don't have full access to what is going on. Bill Polian weather people want to admit it or not will go down as one of the best GM's ever in the NFL and has a better overall resume as a GM then anyone else in the game today. I have said I don't care that his son is taking over, it's not a big deal and that come season ends I think Irsay will sit down with Bill and some changes will occur but I don't see Caldwell going nor do I see Bill and his son leaving. Where have I stated differently?

OMG...Bill Polian is the first person ever to hire in his kid into his job...hey wait a minute...doesn't Irsay's kid have a key position in the Colts? Wait...how did Jim Irsay get his job with the Colts?

I think you're comparing apples and center blocks here. The Irsay's don't work for anyone they own the Colts.

My views have been the same all the time. Peyton Mannings "era" is over and the colts need to begin looking towards the next decade. Jim Caldwell may be a good coach or a bad coach, neither I, nor any "Joe Fan" has any real ability to know that for sure since we don't have full access to what is going on. Bill Polian weather people want to admit it or not will go down as one of the best GM's ever in the NFL and has a better overall resume as a GM then anyone else in the game today. I have said I don't care that his son is taking over, it's not a big deal and that come season ends I think Irsay will sit down with Bill and some changes will occur but I don't see Caldwell going nor do I see Bill and his son leaving. Where have I stated differently?

I agree, with the exception of two things:

I don't think Manning's era is over just yet. We'll see.

I do believe Caldwell will be gone. This season is just too bad, too awful.

The Polians will be here (this I agree with), hopefully with a little bit of a revised job description.

Joe fan, your go to line. I consider joe fan a guy who once in awile might watch a game on tv or maybe know that there is a ball involved, heck joe might even have two favorite teams, but I for one go to about 4 games a year for the last 12 years and even 2 playoff games and have a closet full of Colts garb. So I like most people on this forum are way past joe fan and really feel we need to watch who refer to as joe fan. Now continue with your repetitve views and have a great day. Edited by LUVTHESHOE

I agree, with the exception of two things:

I don't think Manning's era is over just yet. We'll see.

I do believe Caldwell will be gone. This season is just too bad, too awful.

The Polians will be here (this I agree with), hopefully with a little bit of a revised job description.

"I do believe Caldwell will be gone. This season is just too bad, too awful."

I have to agree, even with Payton this team went from 14-2 to 10-6 and now 0-9 with him gone.

If he had taken over a loser and needed time to rebuild, instead most of the good coaches are gone and the team is getting worse. BTW Dungy didn't have Payton in Tampa and he had a good team there.

Edited by ponys

I think Irsay gets ripped on a daily basis on Twitter, especially about Polian and I think he is just playing to his followers. I think Irsay is scared of Polian and wouldn't ever question Polian's supreme power over the world.

With a word Irsay can have him removed from the building. He's not scared of Polian. That's silly. He sent this out because Polian's reaction is not how he wants the organization to be portrayed. No more, no less.

I don't care what anyone says, I like Jim Irsay.

I like Irsay too but he is being a bit hypocritical with his recent tweets. In one tweet right after the Falcons debacle he tweeted something to the effect that this losing won't be tolerated and now he's telling the fans to "buck up."

True, but businesses aren't typically handed over to an unproven, untested novices. Any head of a "family business" or any business would like to see the business prosper and they have a duty to ensure due diligence is done prior to entrusting the business to anyone, especially one without any experience or demonstrated expertise. In Chris Polian's case, there has never been a published report or even a rumor (except the Rams rumor planted by Polian) that he was ever considered for any other position with any other team in the NFL. He went from being an anonymous employee to GM running a 1 Billion dollar franchise. While I like neopotism (Favoritism granted to relatives regardless of merit) just as much as most people, I insist the person has at least demonstrated an ability to do the job.

BTW, Caldwell is criticized based on his merits and his demonstrated incompetency. He didn't have to qualify as a relative to be the worst HC in the NFL.

I think Irsay gets ripped on a daily basis on Twitter, especially about Polian and I think he is just playing to his followers. I think Irsay is scared of Polian and wouldn't ever question Polian's supreme power over the world.

What a load of brown smelly stuff. Irsay understands the role Polian has played on putting the Colts up as one of the top fracnhises in all of sports let alone the NFL. Does he maybe have some issues with how Polian conducts himself...probably so but he knows that Polian knows what he is doing.

I like Irsay too but he is being a bit hypocritical with his recent tweets. In one tweet right after the Falcons debacle he tweeted something to the effect that this losing won't be tolerated and now he's telling the fans to "buck up."

I don't see that as hypocritical. You can stay positive while aknowledging that something isn't working and has to change. That's all I'm seeing him saying.

I don't think that is hypocritical. We cannot buck up while corrections are put place? Maybe you thought he was going to take some sweeping action when he tweeted that losing isn't tolerated?

To me, Buck Up means 'Be strong, things will get better'

What happens is after games fans get on there and tell him that heads need to roll every week and how much this team sucks and how much of a jerk Bill Polian is and he responds by acting like he is a :edit: saying it won't be tolerated and people will be held accountable etc etc etc even though he is just biding him time hoping that Peyton will come back and cover up all these holes we have, then he can point the finger back at us and say 'SEE I told you, Polian is the man, and we do it the Colts way" even though none of this teams problems will be solved.

Edited by shecolt

I guess I would have to question why you worry what Irsay tweets and second why even try to "understand" them.

What happens is after games fans get on there and tell him that heads need to roll every week and how much this team sucks and how much of an *Bill Polian is and he responds by acting like he is a :edit: saying it won't be tolerated and people will be held accountable etc etc etc even though he is just biding him time hoping that Peyton will come back and cover up all these holes we have, then he can't point the finger back at us and say 'SEE I told you, Polian is the man, and we do it the Colts way" even though none of this teams problems will be solved.

If Jim Irsay listens to or worries about what any fan "tweets" then I would lose a bit of respect for the man. His job is to put the best people HE believes in position to run and manage the Colts. I would hope he doesn't listen to anything any "fan" tweets.