Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Irsay Sends Bill Polian A Message To Handle Criticism Better, 2 Articles

bayone

With a word Irsay can have him removed from the building. He's not scared of Polian. That's silly. He sent this out because Polian's reaction is not how he wants the organization to be portrayed. No more, no less.

I would much rather have Irsay say whatever he want to say in a face-to-face meeting with Polian as opposed to trying to have his message encrypted in a tweet. He is the big boss and Polian (supposedly) reports to him.

I think Irsay gets ripped on a daily basis on Twitter, especially about Polian and I think he is just playing to his followers. I think Irsay is scared of Polian and wouldn't ever question Polian's supreme power over the world.

Don't think so

If Jim Irsay listens to or worries about what any fan "tweets" then I would lose a bit of respect for the man. His job is to put the best people HE believes in position to run and manage the Colts. I would hope he doesn't listen to anything any "fan" tweets.

I think he does listen to fans. obviously

I think he also knows how to do what needs to be done. He listens but is not dictated to

I would much rather have Irsay say whatever he want to say in a face-to-face meeting with Polian as opposed to trying to have his message encrypted in a tweet. He is the big boss and Polian (supposedly) reports to him.

That is the real problem with this franchise. Polian doesn't believe that he reports to anyone.

Irsay should have clipped his wings a long time ago.

And how do you know he doesn't? Why do people continue to assume to know how the colts front office ran?

Have you ever heard the man speak?

Yes, and I ignore it, I don't care what he says. I rank his abilities off what the team has done. During his tenure as an NFL how his teams play is what matters to me, what he says to the press or on his radio show means squat. He can be the worlds biggest jerk...I don't care, I don't work for him. Why anyone should care what he says is beyond me.

And how do you know he doesn't? Why do people continue to assume to know how the colts front office ran?

Perhaps they take their cue from you. You act like you somehow know all things Colts and present your views as somehow being factual because you always suck up to Polian. Are you part of Colts front office discussions? What criteria and/or tools do you use to get your information that you post as the truth? I must admit it is quite amusing to read your posts because it is like reading the NYC tabaloids where reality is skewered no matter what the information says.

[quote name=

snapback.pngobjectivecoltsfan, on 09 November 2011 - 05:19 PM, said:

I think Irsay gets ripped on a daily basis on Twitter, especially about Polian and I think he is just playing to his followers. I think Irsay is scared of Polian and wouldn't ever question Polian's supreme power over the world.

'Maureen' timestamp='1320877854' post='69749']

Don't think so

Edited by bayone

Perhaps they take their cue from you. You act like you somehow know all things Colts and present your views as somehow being factual because you always suck up to Polian. Are you part of Colts front office discussions? What criteria and/or tools do you use to get your information that you post as the truth? I must admit it is quite amusing to read your posts because it is like reading the NYC tabaloids where reality is skewered no matter what the information says.

I have never said I know what is going on, I am the one questioning how all the Joe Colt fans here seem to have better knowledge of how to run the team, coach the team and such without having any sort of viable information outside of what they see on TV, hear on the radio, read in the paper or observe via the internet and tweets. My view is based on the results of what has happen and my view that those running the show know much more then any of us.

You don't think he has already?

I assume that conversation already took place and this is Irsay's way of letting the fanbase know that he wasn't happy about it (because we weren't happy about it) We are his customers and he needs to keep us happy. That's what the "buck up" tweet and the "this will not stand" tweet was all about

Jim Irsay might be many things, an * businessmen isn't one of them.

I have never said I know what is going on, I am the one questioning how all the Joe Colt fans here seem to have better knowledge of how to run the team, coach the team and such without having any sort of viable information outside of what they see on TV, hear on the radio, read in the paper or observe via the internet and tweets. My view is based on the results of what has happen and my view that those running the show know much more then any of us.

How can you say with a straight face your view is a result of what has happened when you selectively edit out anything that is remotely critical of Polian. For instance the Colts record - you only use the regular season record while ignoring the post season records, you only reference the Polian hits draft choice without acknowledging his many failures, you defend Chris Polian yet he has no body of work to show he is competent. You and others speak of this year's draft class almost like they were the QB draft class of 1983. They have proven nothing and in fact most have been injuried through the first 9 games of the season. Let's see how they perform for a couple of seasons before declaring Chris Polian to be a genius.

There needs to be a fair and balanced approach (Sorry, FOX) used to laud and/or criticize the Colts and your view (or mine for that matter) is only one perspective so stop acting like your opinions are based on something other than your opinion and not from some official source or contacts.

You don't think he has already?

I assume that conversation already took place and this is Irsay's way of letting the fanbase know that he wasn't happy about it (because we weren't happy about it) We are his customers and he needs to keep us happy. That's what the "buck up" tweet and the "this will not stand" tweet was all about

Jim Irsay might be many things, an * businessmen isn't one of them.

Don't assume it has taken place. As the great Jim Mora said "You think you know, but you don't know. And you never will.".

Edited by Fatboyslim11

How can you say with a straight face your view is a result of what has happened when you selectively edit out anything that is remotely critical of Polian. For instance the Colts record - you only use the regular season record while ignoring the post season records, you only reference the Polian hits draft choice without acknowledging his many failures, you defend Chris Polian yet he has no body of work to show he is competent. You and others speak of this year's draft class almost like they were the QB draft class of 1983. They have proven nothing and in fact most have been injuried through the first 9 games of the season. Let's see how they perform for a couple of seasons before declaring Chris Polian to be a genius.

There needs to be a fair and balanced approach (Sorry, FOX) used to laud and/or criticize the Colts and your view (or mine for that matter) is only one perspective so stop acting like your opinions are based on something other than your opinion and not from some official source or contacts.

I don't think I have said that Polian has not made some bad draft choices, what I said is there is no GM around in the game that doesn't make bad choices, what is important is how does the GM cover those bad choices and for the most part over his career he has done well, because if not his teams wouldn't win.

I don't anything about Chris Polain. I have heard he was involved big time in this past draft, if so, how can you say it was a bad draft? I am going to wait and see over the next couple of drafts/FA signings and such what he does, but to say he shouldn't be there just because dad got him the job to me is not a big issue.

I have said I value the regular season over the post season because in the post season anything can happen and the best overall team doesn't always win. To me winning in the regular season shows greatness, winning the SB is nice, but to much luck is involved.

I base my view on Bill Polian on his overall body of work, which is good enough that he will be a first ballot HOF when that time comes, do you disagree?

Don't assume it has taken place. As the great Jim Mora said "You think you know, but you don't know. And you never will.".

Jim Mora said a lot of things. Most of which he should have kept to himself.

Hey, I could be wrong, I'm just giving Irsay a bit of credit that if he did want to give Bill Polian some kind of message, he wouldn't do it in some kind of cryptic tweet. I think it makes more sense that's for our benefit rather than Polians.

Well, I've "heard" that Chris Polian is a toxic force and Bill is an egomaniacal turd and he's losing his touch.

So, what you "heard" is truth, what I hear is just Joe Fan speculation? lolz

Word.

We could both be right, and we will just have to see how things work out.