Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2: Lamarcus Joyner S

Probably and hopefully Bethea's permanent replacement

3: Marcus Martin C

Competition

5: Michael Schofield OG/T

One same name as guy in prison break but he is a hybrid blocker.

6: Deandre Coleman DT

Stop gap project

7: Aaron Colvin CB

Originally a 2nd round prospect but off an acl tear still good player

Competition

Stop gap project

Not sure if we can get those guys but I like the positions. All positions that potentially could make the team.

Competition

Stop gap project

hilarious, great random Prison Break reference!!!

that show started off sorta awesome, then it got sorta not awesome...

Loved T-Bag's character, (felt weird typing that) the guy was hilarious...

i worry about lamarcus's size. i don't think he can be durable. To make me feel better about it, give me 3 names of safeties who weigh 190lbs and stayed healthy longer than 3 years. I can't think of any. maybe there are.

i think terrance brooks is a better option that will still be there. then best available interior line with our 3rd round pick.  your mock wouldn't be bad on talent, I don't think martin will still be there either.

cbs sports has a breakdown on Marcus Martin and he compares him to Alex Mack .... just not as polished in coming in his first year... too me that is a H... of a statement and Pagano went out and really checked him out.. If Khaled is not going to be our C then I would love to get Marcus.. I have drafted him  in several of my fanspeak drafts in the 3rd...   I think what we do will be directly effected by Houstons first pick.. if they choose Clowney I defeintely think we get an OLine in the 1st or 2nd pick  probably the 1st pick @ 59 so they could start and protect Luck... time will tell

People need to accept the fact that we are rolling with either Costa or Holmes at Center. So change that 3rd round pick to Demarcus Lawrence or Stanley Jean-Baptiste.

And the same for the guard position. We're good there. So use that 5th on another position. Maybe Brock Vereen.

People need to accept the fact that we are rolling with either Costa or Holmes at Center. So change that 3rd round pick to Demarcus Lawrence or Stanley Jean-Baptiste.

And the same for the guard position. We're good there. So use that 5th on another position. Maybe Brock Vereen.

Agree about the C position.  I still think there's a solid chance we try to improve at the G position, just not if there is a really good defensive player available.  It depends on how the Colts have constructed their draft board.  If there's a G available in the 3rd they rank as 80th overall and a DT they rank as 83rd...I could see us taking the G.  Thorton, as our RG, isn't exactly the strongest OL...so I could see us looking to draft a player that could replace him.  That being said, it's not the most immediate need.  Just depends on who's available and how we have devised our list of BPA.

Agree about the C position.  I still think there's a solid chance we try to improve at the G position, just not if there is a really good defensive player available.  It depends on how the Colts have constructed their draft board.  If there's a G available in the 3rd they rank as 80th overall and a DT they rank as 83rd...I could see us taking the G.  Thorton, as our RG, isn't exactly the strongest OL...so I could see us looking to draft a player that could replace him.  That being said, it's not the most immediate need.  Just depends on who's available and how we have devised our list of BPA.

Don't forget we have Lance Lewis as well. So RG is pretty set IMO. If Thornton gets beat out then we have Lewis to start at RG. LG should be fine ad long as Thomas comes back healthy. We could probably use a depth pick there though. If someone like Trai Turner is there in the 5th, he may be too hard to pass up. If not, I don't think it will be addressed till the 6th or 7th round.

Don't forget we have Lance Lewis as well. So RG is pretty set IMO. If Thornton gets beat out then we have Lewis to start at RG. LG should be fine ad long as Thomas comes back healthy. We could probably use a depth pick there though. If someone like Trai Turner is there in the 5th, he may be too hard to pass up. If not, I don't think it will be addressed till the 6th or 7th round.

I assume you mean Lace Louis? I wouldn't advise holding your breath on him. Our O-line picture isn't nearly that pretty, unless Holmes steps in and plays well, Thornton has a large improvement over last year, and Thomas comes back to full form. I hope all three happen, but if even one or two of those three things doesn't happen it's fairly likely going to result in another year of  T-Rich 3.0 and Luck running for his life. I'd be really disappointed if we didn't use one of our first 2 picks on the O-line. There are likely going to be good options with guys like Brandon Thomas and Gabe Jackson in round 2 potentially being available (depending on who is still there at DB and how our draft board is ranked) as well as guys like Billy Turner and Dakota Dozier who are potentially going to be there in round 3 (some experts have brought up Turner as a potential future pro-bowler with the proper technical refinement.)

This is just my theory, but I feel strongly about it: we're supposed to be a "power running" team, that strategy just won't work if we keep aiming to have an average offensive line. Sadly we haven't even been able to muster average yet, but a power running team needs an above average O-line or it's going to be operating on 2nd and 9 an awful lot. And also because a better O-line will help keep Luck healthy, the importance of which cannot be understated. This team is not competitive without Luck, at all. We have a need at DB but if we can score someone on the O-line who our draft people think is going to be a difference maker I think it warrants heavy consideration.