Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Buffalo Bills owner Ralph Wilson passes away at 95

chad72

I doubt Buffalo fans will miss him. He's run that team in the ground.

They will miss him if the team is moved out of Buffalo. Those fans should be grateful for keeping the team in the city when he could have moved it to a larger market.

RIP Mr. Wilson.

I doubt Buffalo fans will miss him. He's run that team in the ground.

I know some Buffalo fans who support the team no matter what. Maybe that team has been run into the ground, but the Bills fans are dedicated to their team. Ralph Wilson will be missed by many.

I always respected Ralph as an owner & I hope that franchise never leaves NY. The only NFL team not actually in NJ like the Jets & Giants. I just admire their blue collar fan base I guess. 

I also respect Ralph's role in making the NFL so popular as a forefather & elder statesman in this league along with Lamar Hunt & Al Davis. He's a good man & I will miss him. 

I hope someone cool like Donald Trump or Mark Cuban buys the team and moves them to Toronto, Brooklyn or LA.

Well, since Ralph's wife is going to sell the team, a move to LA could work. They'd certainly get more exposure in California. Donald Trump would be a horrible owner though. The guy is a clown.

Have Stan Lee of Marvel Comics buy it. Yes, he's no young man anymore, but he's a movie marketing genius. He'd give Daniel Synder & Jerry Jones a run for their money.

Who should be the HC & GM? I need to think about that 1 for awhile.  I wanna give Rob Ryan his 1st head coaching gig on the West Coast. Hollywood loves rebels & so do I actually. 

George Lucas & Bill Gates can be business partners along with Richard Branson, the owner of Virgin Records. Gotta have a steady cash flow of investors to make the Bills relevant again & bring in the cache of an influx of multi-billion dollar capital.  

I will say this though. I do respect Mark Cuban's boldness to defy tradition & shake things up TRWS. The NFL would benefit from a guy like Cuban who speaks his mind. Even if I disagree with him, Mark is always thinking 5-10 years ahead of where most sports league's currently are. That was a good pick on your part IMO. 

The 1 thing I would worry about is if Mark would spread himself to thin overseeing the Dallas Mavericks & a hypothetical team like the Bills if he bought the team that is. I like his aggressiveness just as long as he lets the coaches & coordinators coach without breathing down their necks constantly. 

Well, since Ralph's wife is going to sell the team, a move to LA could work. They'd certainly get more exposure in California. Donald Trump would be a horrible owner though. The guy is a clown.

Have Stan Lee of Marvel Comics buy it. Yes, he's no young man anymore, but he's a movie marketing genius. He'd give Daniel Synder & Jerry Jones a run for their money.

Who should be the HC & GM? I need to think about that 1 for awhile.

Stan sadly has nowhere near enough money to buy an nba team, he is far short on buying an nfl team. He would design some awesome unis though

Stan sadly has nowhere near enough money to buy an nba team, he is far short on buying an nfl team. He would design some awesome unis though

You're probably right Jvan. I just figured that as successful as the Spiderman, Hulk, Iron Man, X-MEN, Thor, & Captain America blockbuster films have been that Stan might be able to swing it. LOL! 

Who should be the HC & GM? I need to think about that 1 for awhile.  I wanna give Rob Ryan his 1st head coaching gig on the West Coast. Hollywood loves rebels & so do I actually. 

George Lucas & Bill Gates can be business partners along with Richard Branson, the owner of Virgin Records. Gotta have a steady cash flow of investors to make the Bills relevant again & bring in the cache of an influx of multi-billion dollar capital.  

I will say this though. I do respect Mark Cuban's boldness to defy tradition & shake things up TRWS. The NFL would benefit from a guy like Cuban who speaks his mind. Even if I disagree with him, Mark is always thinking 5-10 years ahead of where most sports league's currently are. That was a good pick on your part IMO. 

The 1 thing I would worry about is if Mark would spread himself to thin overseeing the Dallas Mavericks & a hypothetical team like the Bills if he bought the team that is. I like his aggressiveness just as long as he lets the coaches & coordinators coach without breathing down their necks constantly. 

Yeah the Donald Trump pick on my part was more of a joke. If Trump owned the Bills they'd more than likely still be a pretty bad team year in and year out, but it'd be fun to see Donald Trump continuously fail on a national stage like that. I'd love to see Cuban in the NFL, but seeing as how he doesn't think the NFL will be around in 10 years, I doubt he invests. I just hope whoever buys the team is interesting, bad teams are fun to have around as long as they're interesting. Rob Ryan should be the next coach of the LA Raiders. Yes, I'm rooting for the Raiders to return to LA.

Yeah the Donald Trump pick on my part was more of a joke. If Trump owned the Bills they'd more than likely still be a pretty bad team year in and year out, but it'd be fun to see Donald Trump continuously fail on a national stage like that. I'd love to see Cuban in the NFL, but seeing as how he doesn't think the NFL will be around in 10 years, I doubt he invests. I just hope whoever buys the team is interesting, bad teams are fun to have around as long as they're interesting. Rob Ryan should be the next coach of the LA Raiders. Yes, I'm rooting for the Raiders to return to LA.

It would be hilarious to see Donald Trump try to keep that alien creature that died on his head i.e. his hair from blowing frantically in the wind at NFL games. TBH SW1 shouldn't mock Trump too much because my hair is growing thin on top too actually. 

Cuban probably said that NFL implosion comment just to stir the pot & be provocative. I could Rob in Raiders sideline clothing. He'd fit right in the Black Hole quite easily with his we aren't afraid of nobody demeanor. I respect that bravado from Buddy, Rex, & Rob actually & I always will. 

They will miss him if the team is moved out of Buffalo. Those fans should be grateful for keeping the team in the city when he could have moved it to a larger market.

RIP Mr. Wilson.

and you don't think Wilson wanted to move them to Canada? He didn't even stay in Buffalo, just goes to show what he really thought of the city.

I'll agree he wasn't as bad as some of the other owners that reach sainthood status when they passed like Bud Adams or Art Modell, but he was far past his prime. Buffalo hasn't won a playoff game since Jim Kelly was there. Now that says a lot. People still bash Al Davis to this day for the situation in Oakland, so I'm just throwing that out there.

and you don't think Wilson wanted to move them to Canada? He didn't even stay in Buffalo, just goes to show what he really thought of the city.

I'll agree he wasn't as bad as some of the other owners that reach sainthood status when they passed like Bud Adams or Art Modell, but he was far past his prime. Buffalo hasn't won a playoff game since Jim Kelly was there. Now that says a lot. People still bash Al Davis to this day for the situation in Oakland, so I'm just throwing that out there.

The fact is that he kept the team in Buffalo. We can speculate on what he "wanted" to do, but he kept the team in that city. Many owners don't live where their team plays. The owner of the Vikings still lives in New Jersey, if I am not mistaken.

Let the man rest in peace.