Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Derogatory Irsay Signs During Reg. Season Games

King Colt

Unfortunately there will most likely be signs held up during Colt away games taunting Irsay like there were on Belichick for the spying episode. Spying is a tactic but Irsay's case is an addition incident. So the question: should the NFL prohibit signs displayed in stadiums mocking Irsay?

Unfortunately there will most likely be signs held up during Colt away games taunting Irsay like there were on Belichick for the spying episode. Spying is a tactic but Irsay's case is an addition incident. So the question: should the NFL prohibit signs displayed in stadiums mocking Irsay?

Dear God...

1) Who cares?

2) Why would you waste a second thinking about this?

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 22, 2014 - baiting/political and responses to removed posts
Hidden by Nadine, March 22, 2014 - baiting/political and responses to removed posts

Spygate was a tactic, it had nothing to do with endangering the lives of others and yourself.  Irsay's case was more than an "incident".

And holding up signs is free speech.  Irsay isn't Putin and this isn't Russia.

What Irsay did was so stupid!  The guy is a billionaire owner of an NFL franchise so he's a public figure and if he didn't know he could possibly get caught or maybe didn't care or thought he could get away with it shows that's some pretty fundamentally flawed thinking that is irrational and defies logic.

This isn't to pile on Irsay.  I sympathize with addicts as it's a disease and I lost a friend to drug addiction.  He needs help for his addiction problems and it's best while he's in this state of mind to stay away from football for a while and get this treated.  He's not in the right frame of mind to be running any business right now.

Now as for Irsay's punishment, he needs to be treated like one of the players.  Suspend him for 4 to 6 games and a fine of $50,000 to $100,000 dollars.

Or I could act like a Patriot hater during spygate and demand Irsay be suspended for the entire year, be fined $500,000 dollars, have a draft pick taken away or even kicked out of the NFL for good.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 22, 2014 - baiting/political and responses to removed posts
Hidden by Nadine, March 22, 2014 - baiting/political and responses to removed posts

Spygate was a tactic, it had nothing to do with endangering the lives of others and yourself. Irsay's case was more than an "incident".

so you were there?

so you were there?

No, the police were.  He got arrested and tested positive.  He spent the night in jail for a reason.

Does one have to actually be there to know that when someone is behind the wheel of an automobile under the influence that can be dangerous and deadly for other drivers on the road, pedestrians and the driver of the car?

Meh. There really is no point in the NFL trying to prohibit ignorance. The stands would be half empty... and perhaps so would this forum...

Thankfully for me there is no bar in place but you're right you're average fan is "ignorant ", not solely out of stupidity but out of fanatic support. Reason, logic and tolerance goes out the window.

No, the police were. He got arrested and tested positive. He spent the night in jail for a reason.

Does one have to actually be there to know that when someone is behind the wheel of an automobile under the influence that can be dangerous and deadly for other drivers on the road, pedestrians and the driver of the car?

So what did he test positive for?

So what did he test positive for?

Irsay was arrested late Sunday night for driving while intoxicated and possession of a controlled substance.

Cops unearthed several prescription pill bottles in Irsay's car and he failed several sobreity tests at the scene, Carmel Police said in a statement.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/indianapolis-colts-owner-jim-irsay-arrested-drunk-driving-article-1.1723979

Alcohol is a drug.

Irsay was arrested late Sunday night for driving while intoxicated and possession of a controlled substance.

Cops unearthed several prescription pill bottles in Irsay's car and he failed several sobreity tests at the scene, Carmel Police said in a statement.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/indianapolis-colts-owner-jim-irsay-arrested-drunk-driving-article-1.1723979

Alcohol is a drug.

it has been stated many times, in police reports, that alcohol was NOT involved.  

I hate when people don't take time to inform themselves before forming their opinion.  To make things even worse, you have voiced your extremely uninformed opinion as if it is fact.   

it has been stated many times, in police reports, that alcohol was NOT involved.  

I hate when people don't take time to inform themselves before forming their opinion.  To make things even worse, you have voiced your extremely uninformed opinion as if it is fact.   

NY Daily News: "Cops unearthed several prescription pill bottles in Irsay's car and he failed several sobreity tests at the scene, Carmel Police said in a statement."

So what was in Irsay's system that caused him to fail several sobriety tests?

NY Daily News: "Cops unearthed several prescription pill bottles in Irsay's car and he failed several sobreity tests at the scene, Carmel Police said in a statement."

You tell us, you seem to know all about it. Excerpt for the fact that he didn't fail breathalyzer

stop digging your hole deeper.  

Seriously......  Why does this matter to you?

Why not start a new crusade.... This one is tiresome

You tell us, you seem to know all about it. Excerpt for the fact that he didn't fail Breathalyzer

What does "Cops unearthed several prescription pill bottles in Irsay's car and he failed several sobreity tests at the scene, Carmel Police said in a statement"  mean to you?  He failed playing hopscotch?

"he failed several sobreity tests"

stop digging your hole deeper.  

The Colts fans defending Irsay and trying to downplay this illegal dangerous act are the ones digging themselves deeper and deeper.  The title of this thread is pretty pathetic.  "Ohhh dear no!  Some fans might hold up signs mocking Irsay at games!!"

I doubt it. Irsay is not on the field like a coach or player. Signs are there for the people who are on the field.

Seriously......  Why does this matter to you?

Why not start a new crusade.... This one is tiresome

So is Colts fans whining about RG3, Spygate, Philip Rivers, Drew Brees and the Saints.  Oh but wait, those things happened years ago.  Irsay getting arrested was a week ago.

So is Colts fans whining about RG3, Spygate, Philip Rivers, Drew Brees and the Saints.  Oh but wait, those things happened years ago.  Irsay getting arrested was a week ago.

Give it a rest.  Yes it was news, yes he broke a law by getting behind the wheel while being under the influence of "something" that he may or may not have had a prescription for.  None of us know ~ nor is it really any of our business.  The Court of Law will deal with this as they see fit on a "personal" level with him.  

He right now is  getting the help he needs to beat an addiction.  For most Colts fans, and NFL fans in general, this is what is of the utmost importance right now. 

His traffic violation in no way harmed anyone OR  affected the game of football.

Meh. There really is no point in the NFL trying to prohibit ignorance. The stands would be half empty... and perhaps so would this forum...

This is worthy of "Best Answer".

The Colts fans defending Irsay and trying to downplay this illegal dangerous act are the ones digging themselves deeper and deeper.  The title of this thread is pretty pathetic.  "Ohhh dear no!  Some fans might hold up signs mocking Irsay at games!!"

ya.... i didnt make the thread, nor did i defend Irsay.  What he did was stupid but it is just that, stupid.

The facts make it sound like a very stupid mistake.  I am not downplaying it.  You on the other hand, are trolling the situation and trying exaggerate it.  By doing so, you are basically admitting you think what he actually did was not that bad.  If it was, you would not have to try and bring the word "alcohol" into the conversation at all.  Why not just say it was stupid of him to possibly have gotten extremely high off pills and drive a car.  He was going like 8 mph, came to a stop in the middle of the road, then failed to use a turn signal....    IT WAS STUPID, we Colts fans admit that.  If we Colts fans are "defending him" from anything, it is from trolls like yourself.

why do you keep quoting people and responding that "Colts fans" have done this or that when the person you are quoting said nothing of the sort.

there are * fans on every forum.  stop talking to the intelligent posters, like Gramz, as if they are saying these crazy things you come up with.

Give it a rest.  Yes it was news, yes he broke a law by getting behind the wheel while being under the influence of "something" that he may or may not have had a prescription for.  None of us know ~ nor is it really any of our business.  The Court of Law will deal with this as they see fit on a "personal" level with him.  

He right now is  getting the help he needs to beat an addiction.  For most Colts fans, and NFL fans in general, this is what is of the utmost importance right now. 

His traffic violation in no way harmed anyone OR  affected the game of football.

I can't believe what I read.  You should get into politics and work for the Democrat or Republican party as a cable news operative where you go on Fox or MSNBC and defend your side and downplay whatever to benefit your side regardless of how bad, immoral and illegal it is.  "Who cares if Obama uses Predator Drones or illegally uses the NSA, it doesn't effect a football game."

"His traffic violation in no way harmed anyone OR  affected the game of football."

Yeah thank God his illegal dangerous actions didn't affect a football game.

Actually what Irsay did and what people who have done what he did is more a bigger concern and dangerous than the game of football.  Football is just a game.  People like you need to stop taking a game so seriously.

Also the cops reported: "The gridiron executive was driving his silver Toyota Highlander "at a slow rate of speed" along Hoseferry Rd. when he "came to a complete stop in the lane of travel" and then failed to signal a turn, prompting cops to pull him over, police spokesman Lt. Joe Bickel told the Daily News.

The Colts fans defending Irsay and trying to downplay this illegal dangerous act are the ones digging themselves deeper and deeper. The title of this thread is pretty pathetic. "Ohhh dear no! Some fans might hold up signs mocking Irsay at games!!"

suspicion of DUI he hasn't been charged yet. The blood results have yet to be released. Its all speculation at this point

ya.... i didnt make the thread, nor did i defend Irsay.  What he did was stupid but it is just that, stupid.

The facts make it sound like a very stupid mistake.  I am not downplaying it.  You on the other hand, are trolling the situation and trying exaggerate it.  By doing so, you are basically admitting you think what he actually did was not that bad.  If it was, you would not have to try and bring the word "alcohol" into the conversation at all.  Why not just say it was stupid of him to possibly have gotten extremely high off pills and drive a car.  He was going like 8 mph, came to a stop in the middle of the road, then failed to use a turn signal....    IT WAS STUPID, we Colts fans admit that.  If we Colts fans are "defending him" from anything, it is from trolls like yourself.

Your previous quote: "why do you keep quoting people and responding that "Colts fans" have done this or that when the person you are quoting said nothing of the sort."

So basically only a "some" Colts fans are the only ones allowed to criticize a member of the Colts with a drug problem and jeopardized the lives of people on the road by being under the influence but nobody else can.  lol   Sorry, the world doesn't operate like that.

It's pathetic how "some" Colts fans get more angry when an outsider criticizes a member of the Colts who broke the law instead of at the actual person who broke the law.  What logic.

Thankfully for me there is no bar in place but you're right you're average fan is "ignorant ", not solely out of stupidity but out of fanatic support. Reason, logic and tolerance goes out the window.

My sister once commented that your average sports fan had some form of mental illness or personality disorder. She cited the lack of civility she witnessed at ball games and the murder of a soccer player for scoring a goal for the opposing team. I disagreed with her but she is being proven right. Some fans seem to derive satisfaction and perhaps a high from being outright nasty. One time, this man called the local sports radio station to say how proud he was of his son for starting the "Fire (Jim) Fassel" chant at a Giants game. I would be embarrassed.

There are people on this board with usernames like "Fire Pep..." & "Tony B...". I don't read their comments, as their usernames tell me all I need to know. They certainly have the right to comment as they wish but I don't have to read them.

So basically Colts fans are the only ones allowed to criticize a member of the Colts with a drug problem and jeopardized the lives of people on the road by being under the influence but nobody else can.  lol   Sorry, the world doesn't operate like that.

It's pathetic how Colts fans get more angry when an outsider criticizes a member of the Colts who broke the law instead of at the actual person who broke the law.  What logic.

first off, I'm not angry. 

second, i never said any of this.  I just basically was letting you know you sounded stupid for not knowing that failing a sobriety test does not mean he drank alcohol.  You thought it did and made false statements letting us all see your ignorance.  Then you start saying what ALL COLTS FANS do.... that is just stupid in its own.    you obviously are a troll incapable of learning or becoming more intelligent.   I tried to help you not sound so stupid but you failed to try.  good luck in life, i am done with you.  

I can't believe what I read.  You should get into politics and work for the Democrat or Republican party as a cable news operative where you go on Fox or MSNBC and defend your side and downplay whatever to benefit your side regardless of how bad, immoral and illegal it is.  "Who cares if Obama uses Predator Drones or illegally uses the NSA, it doesn't effect a football game."

"His traffic violation in no way harmed anyone OR  affected the game of football."

Actually what Irsay did and what people who have done what he did is more a bigger concern and dangerous than the game of football.  Football is just a game.  People like you need to stop taking a game so seriously.

Also the cops reported: "The gridiron executive was driving his silver Toyota Highlander "at a slow rate of speed" along Hoseferry Rd. when he "came to a complete stop in the lane of travel" and then failed to signal a turn, prompting cops to pull him over, police spokesman Lt. Joe Bickel told the Daily News.

Oh for the Love of God..... People like Me need to quit taking the game of football so seriously...??   haha  What a riot.  

My comment about it affecting a football game, was in reply to your comment comparing his situation to Spygate and the Saints and so on   ~ who's actions did affect the game of football.     

I can't believe what I read. You should get into politics and work for the Democrat or Republican party as a cable news operative where you go on Fox or MSNBC and defend your side and downplay whatever to benefit your side regardless of how bad, immoral and illegal it is. "Who cares if Obama uses Predator Drones or illegally uses the NSA, it doesn't effect a football game."

"His traffic violation in no way harmed anyone OR affected the game of football."

Actually what Irsay did and what people who have done what he did is more a bigger concern and dangerous than the game of football. Football is just a game. People like you need to stop taking a game so seriously.

Get your politics out of here. There are a lot of forums where that is welcomed. Not here.

first off, I'm not angry. 

second, i never said any of this.  I just basically was letting you know you sounded stupid for not knowing that failing a sobriety test does not mean he drank alcohol.  You thought it did and made false statements letting us all see your ignorance.  Then you start saying what ALL COLTS FANS do.... that is just stupid in its own.    you obviously are a troll incapable of learning or becoming more intelligent.   I tried to help you not sound so stupid but you failed to try.  good luck in life, i am done with you.  

Actually it was multiple news media outlets saying he was driving under the influence and I was quoting them and also what the cops said in their statement that they released to the NY Daily News.

USA Today: "Colts owner Jim Irsay released from jail after DUI arrest."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/03/17/indianapolis-colts-owner-arrested-for-dwi/6515285/

CBS Sports: "Colts owner Jim Irsay arrested, charged with DWI, 4 felony counts."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24488636/colts-owner-jim-irsay-arrested-charged-with-owi

Take it up with them.  I'm just the messenger, not the source.

Oh for the Love of God..... People like Me need to quit taking the game of football so seriously...??   haha  What a riot.  

My comment about it affecting a football game, was in reply to your comment comparing his situation to Spygate and the Saints and so on   ~ who's actions did affect the game of football.     

Not really as spygate and bounty gate weren't even in the same realm as driving under the influence.  What Irsay did was far worse.  And Irsay now faces the possibility of being suspended and being forced to stay away from the Colts operations for a certain amount of time which can affect how the Colts operate both business and football operations, so it does affect the game and team and can be a huge distraction in the locker room especially when the media gets in there and surrounds the lockers of Colts' players and hounds them for questions and answers about it.

Not really as spygate and bounty gate weren't even in the same realm as driving under the influence. What Irsay did was far worse. And Irsay now faces the possibility of being suspended and being forced to stay away from the Colts operations for a certain amount of time which can affect how the Colts operate and their decisions both business and football operations, so it does affect the game and team.

yeah, because he won't ever be able to talk to his daughters during the suspensions

Not really as spygate and bounty gate weren't even in the same realm as driving under the influence.  What Irsay did was far worse.  And Irsay now faces the possibility of being suspended and being forced to stay away from the Colts operations for a certain amount of time which can affect how the Colts operate both business and football operations, so it does affect the game and team and can be a huge distraction in the locker room especially when the media gets in there and surrounds the lockers of Colts' players and hounds them for questions and answers about it.

We obviously disagree here...   Done with this conversation.

Agree-to-disagree1.png