Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Post Nicks signing Draft

I basically did a best player available draft for the Colts here after a trade down with Jacksonville...

Round 3 Pick 6 (JAX): Jimmie Ward, SS, Northern Illinois (A)
Round 3 Pick 26: DaQuan Jones, DT, Penn State (A)
Round 4 Pick 5 (JAX): Paul Richardson, WR, Colorado (A)
Round 4 Pick 14 (JAX): Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor (B+)
Round 5 Pick 26: Phillip Gaines, CB, Rice (A)
Round 6 Pick 27: Cassius Marsh, DE, UCLA (A-)
Round 7 Pick 17: Dri Archer, WR, Kent State (A)

Our Offense would be loaded with Wayne, Nicks, Hilton, Richardson as our top WRs, and adding Cyril at OG helps out the depth at OL.

We also get our FS in Ward, we get Daquan Jones who could play both NT and DE replacing RJF soon as the starter. I like the sound of the Jones boys on the DL(Arthur and Daquan). I think Gaines is an underrated CB who can be coached up. The only thing I feel we are lacking after this draft is a replacement OLB for Mathis. That can be found next offseason.

Yeah, I don't like the Paul Richardson pick either. We are really deep at WR. I would go with the best CB or OLB on the board instead of Richardson. Other than that I really like Ward, Jones, and Cyril Richardson. Phillip Gaines is rising up the boards. He would be a really good pick in the 5th if he's there.

Yeah, I don't like the Paul Richardson pick either. We are really deep at WR. I would go with the best CB or OLB on the board instead of Richardson. Other than that I really like Ward, Jones, and Cyril Richardson. Phillip Gaines is rising up the boards. He would be a really good pick in the 5th if he's there.

What if the best available CB or LB stink?

Only thing I really disagree with is Paul Richardson that early. Don't think we need to draft a WR at all. Also not sure if Ward would fall that far.

On that game, Jimmie Ward almost always goes in the mid second.  But every so often on those games, some guy projected to go mid-whatever round drops to mid-next round, just like in real drafts.  That's one of the thins I really do like about that particular game.  Because it allows trades (albeit unrealistic ones), you never play the game the same exact way twice unless you play it for hours a day at work like me.

I think we should draft a CB with one of the 1st two picks. We need a player that can come in and contribute right away because the chances of Toler playing more then 9 games are slim to none. 

Draft

2. Keith Mcgill, CB  

3. Jeremiah Attaochu, OLB

5. Kenny Ladler, FS

6. LaDarius Perkins, RB 

7. Daryl Williams, OT

On that game, Jimmie Ward almost always goes in the mid second.  But every so often on those games, some guy projected to go mid-whatever round drops to mid-next round, just like in real drafts.  That's one of the thins I really do like about that particular game.  Because it allows trades (albeit unrealistic ones), you never play the game the same exact way twice unless you play it for hours a day at work like me.

Looks like BProland got extremely lucky. I've been playing the draft for a while, and Jimmie Ward has never fallen to the #59th pick. He either goes in the first round, or early second. Sometimes mid-second.

I actually like him quote a bit

seems a bit soft, and he needs to fill out his frame more. Also for a guy with like a 39 inch vert he never seems to jump over defensive backs.

I'm not really sure with him. He could be one of those guys who just, works out.

Love the trade!

You definitely have a number of guys that supposedly slip in this draft. It seems like there are always some players that slip. I am not sure Ward is one of them though. He seems like a top 50 guy from what I have read. Who knows come draft day though?

Paul Richardson and Cyril Richardson would represent good value in the 4th though. Richardson's size scares me a little. He reminds me of Todd Pinkston from back in the day. He needs to put on some weight. Richardson was a former projected first rounder who had a poor Senior Bowl and may end up in the 4th now.

Looks like BProland got extremely lucky. I've been playing the draft for a while, and Jimmie Ward has never fallen to the #59th pick. He either goes in the first round, or early second. Sometimes mid-second.

oh I'm not saying it happens often, I'm just saying it HAS happened when I've played...and I didnt' even draft him on that particular occasion.