Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mock draft via fanspeak

VIEW EACH TEAM'S DRAFT
Arizona CardinalsAtlanta FalconsBaltimore RavensBuffalo BillsCarolina PanthersChicago BearsCincinnati BengalsCleveland BrownsDallas CowboysDenver BroncosDetroit LionsGreen Bay PackersHouston TexansIndianapolis ColtsJacksonville JaguarsKansas City ChiefsMiami DolphinsMinnesota VikingsNew England PatriotsNew Orleans SaintsNew York GiantsNew York JetsOakland RaidersPhiladelphia EaglesPittsburgh SteelersSan Diego ChargersSan Francisco 49ersSeattle SeahawksSt. Louis RamsTampa Bay BuccaneersTennessee TitansWashington Redskins

DEONE BUCANNON
WASHINGTON STATE

CB LOUCHEIZ PURIFOY
FLORIDA

RUSSELL BODINE
NORTH CAROLINA

DT JAY BROMLEY
SYRACUSE

ISAIAH LEWIS
MICHIGAN STATE

OLB DEVON KENNARD
USC

Can someone please explain to me why everyone wants us to draft a typical strong safety to play free?

My guess would be they think Landry can play free and the rookie (Buchanon) would play strong?

Or, they think Buchanon can play free and Landry stays at strong?

Bucannon would be ok but i would hope someone else better was there at our 2nd round pick if not trade up and give up maybe 2-3 draft picks to get into the middle of the first and get Calvin Pryor

Yeah, if we could trade our 59th overall and 90th overall to get in the first round at all, the team we traded with would be getting so hosed it's not even funny, much less a pick in the middle of the first.

VIEW EACH TEAM'S DRAFT

Arizona CardinalsAtlanta FalconsBaltimore RavensBuffalo BillsCarolina PanthersChicago BearsCincinnati BengalsCleveland BrownsDallas CowboysDenver BroncosDetroit LionsGreen Bay PackersHouston TexansIndianapolis ColtsJacksonville JaguarsKansas City ChiefsMiami DolphinsMinnesota VikingsNew England PatriotsNew Orleans SaintsNew York GiantsNew York JetsOakland RaidersPhiladelphia EaglesPittsburgh SteelersSan Diego ChargersSan Francisco 49ersSeattle SeahawksSt. Louis RamsTampa Bay BuccaneersTennessee TitansWashington Redskins

DEONE BUCANNON
WASHINGTON STATE

CB LOUCHEIZ PURIFOY
FLORIDA

RUSSELL BODINE
NORTH CAROLINA

DT JAY BROMLEY
SYRACUSE

ISAIAH LEWIS
MICHIGAN STATE

OLB DEVON KENNARD
USC

This is what I got.

59  G JON HALAPIO
FLORIDA

90  DT STEPHON TUITT
NOTRE DAME

154 S TELVIN SMITH
FLORIDA STATE

187 CB LOUCHEIZ PURIFOY
FLORIDA

209 DE MICHAEL SAM
MISSOURI

218 C MARCUS MARTIN
USC

My guess would be they think Landry can play free and the rookie (Buchanon) would play strong?

Or, they think Buchanon can play free and Landry stays at strong?

Bucannon is probably a better SS now than Landry is and he's too good too pass on. Landry is basically a box safety at this point

Big fan of how my mock turned on out on this. Yes, C is still an issue, but with Costa and Holmes battling it out I took some other positions that were value picks.  Yankey slipping to the 2nd round, worth the upgrade at guard. Robinson slipping to 3rd round, bye bye Whalen. Boston is a 6'1 FS with 5 INTs last year (and racking up 15 tackles in 1 game).  Dri Archer for the KR/PR and dynamic OW position potential, the kid can fly on the field.  Ricardo had some impressive seasons for Purdue and Shamar is a big body.

DAVID YANKEY
STANFORD

WR ALLEN ROBINSON
PENN STATE

TRE BOSTON
NORTH CAROLINA

RB DRI ARCHER
KENT STATE

CB RICARDO ALLEN
PURDUE

DT SHAMAR STEPHEN
UCONN

Can someone please explain to me why everyone wants us to draft a typical strong safety to play free?

I'm guessing because Landry is the FS and Bethea was the strong safety.  Since Bethea is the one no longer with the Colts they feel that is the position to draft rather than drafting a back-up to Landry.