Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Free Agents Like The Colts

"The signing of linebacker D'Qwell Jackson on a four-year $22 million deal is just the tip of the iceberg in Indianapolis. The Colts have close to $40 million in cap space and as Jackson said he wanted to go to a team with a good young QB and a team with a chance to win now and for the next few years. I got the feeling a number of good young veterans on the free agent market are looking at the Colts as the place they want to go. I could see an offensive tackle like Monroe, a wide receiver like Decker, a safety like Byrd, and a corner like Verner in their sights when Tuesday rolls around." - Pat Kirwan

"The signing of linebacker D'Qwell Jackson on a four-year $22 million deal is just the tip of the iceberg in Indianapolis. The Colts have close to $40 million in cap space and as Jackson said he wanted to go to a team with a good young QB and a team with a chance to win now and for the next few years. I got the feeling a number of good young veterans on the free agent market are looking at the Colts as the place they want to go. I could see an offensive tackle like Monroe, a wide receiver like Decker, a safety like Byrd, and a corner like Verner in their sights when Tuesday rolls around." - Pat Kirwan

So Pat Kirwan says he could see a FA offensive tackle like Eugene Monroe in the sights of the Colts when Tuesday rolls around.

Really Pat?      Really?      A tackle?

This stuff drives me a little crazy....... 

Bleacher Report posted a tidbit where Hakeem Nicks mentioned he would like to play in Indy. Nicks mentioned a couple of teams, but the Colts were the first team he mentioned.

I saw another report where Nicks said he doesn't want a one year deal like was rumoured/i think some of us were hoping before, and that he wants a contracts like what Wallace got last year, so no thanks if thats true.

If you're going to be a pro bowler whose gonna get a pay day- you might as well come to winning team whilst you're at it.

If we resign Vontae,sign Byrd and Arthur Jones, I would consider FA a win.

I'm pulling for re-sign Vontae, sign Evan Dietrich-Smith and Arthur Jones. Although Byrd would be good too.