Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Byrd not going back to Buffalo

For those who did know, yesterday Buffalo signed their other Safety, Aaron Williams to a 26M extension. This is the highest extension yet given to anyone from the 2011 draft class. No numbers yet, but it will make him one of the highest paid safeties. No way Buffalo is going to pay both their safeties big money, so it looks like Byrd will definitely be landing somewhere besides Buffalo. I thought it was apparent he wanted out, but I think this news makes it official.

Well we got Jackson and I don't even think Byrd will even visit indy I don't see Grigs giving 10 mill for a safety

He gave Landry a big deal, I wouldn't bet against Grigs spending on Byrd. I think 10 mil for Byrd would be 100% worth it. Whoever pays him will forget about the contract almost immediately. I wonder if he would take a little less to come to a winning team, he seemed to hate losing/the cold in Buffalo. Go get em Grigs!

Well grigson won't spend but to say decker or Byrd doesn't make an immiediate impact is a bit much. Both decker and Byrd will make offense and defense better instantly.

I would agree on Byrd, but Decker I'm not so sure about...he's had Peyton Manning throwing to him and had a great surrounding cast of WRs and TEs

Well grigson won't spend but to say decker or Byrd doesn't make an immiediate impact is a bit much. Both decker and Byrd will make offense and defense better instantly.

I agree, altho Byrd is much more of an impact player than Decker. I don't mind the idea of signing Decker, as our WR corps would be truly stacked next season. However, taking that $$$ and giving it to Byrd instead would be a wise move. His impact on our D would be felt immediately. I really hope we start hearing rumors of Indy & Byrd once FA starts

..to say decker or Byrd doesn't make an immiediate impact is a bit much...

Which poster wrote that they would not make an immediate impact?

See post # 11

Oi....

My post at #11 did not say that they "would not have immediate impact".

It says that they "aren't going have an on the field impact equal to their on the cap impact".

Not that deep.