Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If McAfee is so good at fgs, why hasnt he been given a chance in preseason

I saw Pat kicking FGS at training camp and he has the leg for it for sure and when he has no pressure he nails them. When they start doing it in more of a game type situation though from what I remember he seemed to have a more difficult time with it. Not to mention AV is 1 of the best kickers ever (probably HOFer) which is saying a lot as there are only 3 other kickers in the HOF. As long as AV still has it IMO he should still be handing our kicking duties. You don' just not use a HOF effective kicker.

I saw Pat kicking FGS at training camp and he has the leg for it for sure and when he has no pressure he nails them. When they start doing it in more of a game type situation though from what I remember he seemed to have a more difficult time with it. Not to mention AV is 1 of the best kickers ever (probably HOFer) which is saying a lot as there are only 3 other kickers in the HOF. As long as AV still has it IMO he should still be handing our kicking duties. You don' just not use a HOF effective kicker.

Which is kind of misleading, as there is only one pure kicker in the Hall of Fame. Blanda was a QB and Groza was a tackle as well.

I bet there will be voters wondering if Adam is worthy of being the second pure kicker in the HoF, which would mean he'd have a more difficult time than most other positions. Honestly, though, there aren't a ton of kickers with the notoriety of Adam who deserve it more, even if their stats are better.

Same reason kickalicious or whatever the hell that guy's name is, didn't make it into the NFL. 

Just because you can kick the long ball doesn't mean you can do it with millions of crazy fans screaming at the top of their lungs. 

That said, I do love McAfee. Re-sign him!!! 

The problem with McAfee doing both punting and FG's is something I believe Superman has pointed out a number of times...

If we cut AV and have McAfee do all the kicking,  what happens if Patty Mac gets hurt?

Then, we have to go out and get TWO new kickers,  not just one.

So,  there is some considerable downside risk to the idea............