Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rams release CB Cortland Finnegan

I've just learned to temper my expectations when it comes to FA after last years disappointment, Grigs is going to do what he thinks is best no matter what any of us think, If Grigs sees Toler as a #2(He's not) then thats what he will be, If Grigs sees Satele as a starting Center(He's not) then thats what he will be, We are passengers along for the ride. I know what I would do but that dont mean nothin. Just gonna have to see what happens

You got the right idea I need to learn this cause I know I'm just gonna be dissipointed next Tuesday.

But we can get Shields or Verner for almost nothing if we use our saved cap from cutting Toler and Sheppard

They are younger then Finnegan

why cut sheppard? he started off slow but towards the end of the year he was really coming into his own and improving i would like to keep him for solid linebacker depth and hopefully he can improve and start alongside freeman i see a lot of potential with him

Personally, I think he'd be worth bringing in on a very cheap deal. He's shown elite ability and would be worth trying in our system which fits him pretty well. And if he doesn't work out no harm done. At the very least he could help our secondary be more aggressive at the line and in forcing turnovers.

but if you were to put him in a positive enviornment with a great team and talent like vontae davis alongside him he can thrive next year i wouldnt mind signing him to a 1 to 3 year deal loaded up front to where we could maybe get out easy in 2016

The Rams have a bad environment? I hadn't heard that, and thought their D looked really good (for the most part) last year. They looked to me like a young team poised to make some waves.

I don't think Finnegan needs a good environment at this stage in his career. I'm thinking more along the line of him needing a good recliner and remote control.

The Rams have a bad environment? I hadn't heard that, and thought their D looked really good (for the most part) last year. They looked to me like a young team poised to make some waves.

I don't think Finnegan needs a good environment at this stage in his career. I'm thinking more along the line of him needing a good recliner and remote control.

After just turning 30? He got injured last year....The guy still has skills

After just turning 30? He got injured last year....The guy still has skills

If you thought you were worth $10M a year, how much less would you accept to play? How prepared would you be to humble yourself, when you truly believe you still "got it".

If you ran a club, would you think Finnegan was worth even half that much, especially coming off an injury to his eye (kinda critical for a DB to have good eyesight), and an abysmal (not just below avg.) year?

I don't think clubs will want to take that risk, and I don't think CF will humble himself.

If you thought you were worth $10M a year, how much less would you accept to play? How prepared would you be to humble yourself, when you truly believe you still "got it".

If you ran a club, would you think Finnegan was worth even half that much, especially coming off an injury to his eye (kinda critical for a DB to have good eyesight), and an abysmal (not just below avg.) year?

I don't think clubs will want to take that risk, and I don't think CF will humble himself.

Thats why I said kick the tires, worse case scenario he wants to much money or the eye dont check out well, But if the eye checks out he would be an upgrade over any depth players we have at the position and probably an upgrade over Toler, Now if he wants 10 mill? Not a chance would I do it but ya kick the tires

Thats why I said kick the tires, worse case scenario he wants to much money or the eye dont check out well, But if the eye checks out he would be an upgrade over any depth players we have at the position and probably an upgrade over Toler, Now if he wants 10 mill? Not a chance would I do it but ya kick the tires

Would you do $5M? How about $3M?

I would probably consider him a "kick the tires" option at around $1.5m a year. Anything more and his upside is no longer worth the cost in my mind. I really doubt CF would get that humble.

Would you do $5M? How about $3M?

I would probably consider him a "kick the tires" option at around $1.5m a year. Anything more and his upside is no longer worth the cost in my mind. I really doubt CF would get that humble.

1.5? Thats not even realistic, If he checked out healthy I'd say 5 mill, If he checks out healthy he is an upgrade over Toler or at least push him though I wouldn't sign him for more then 1-2 years if healthy

1.5? Thats not even realistic, If he checked out healthy I'd say 5 mill, If he checks out healthy he is an upgrade over Toler or at least push him though I wouldn't sign him for more then 1-2 years if healthy

I realize it isn't realistic from CF's perspective, but I don't see his risk reward equation being worth more, especially as much as everyone on this forum gripes about the wasted Toler contract. $5M? Seriously? WOW.

I realize it isn't realistic from CF's perspective, but I don't see his risk reward equation being worth more, especially as much as everyone on this forum gripes about the wasted Toler contract. $5M? Seriously? WOW.

Toler got 3 years and 14 mill....5 mill guaranteed and a healthy Finnegan is as good or better

Toler got 3 years and 14 mill....5 mill guaranteed and a healthy Finnegan is as good or better

No way to prove that. The risk is that his game last year wasn't just because of his eyes. At least when Toler was on the field for Arizona, he showed better than CF did last year. You were very quick to denounce Toler last year... is it a "remembering the players at their best" thing? Are you clinging to "CF at his best" was better than Toler has been? I don't get it. CF was miserably bad last year. On an otherwise very good D.

i mean positive as in actually being on a team with a strong fanbase and a realistic shot at the playoffs year in and year out not that st.louis has bad people at all they're good people just lacking we have talent that he could only help