Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

At Least We Can Watch Brady Get Punched In The Mouth By The Giants Defensive Line

GoGoColts

Brady has had forever to throw with one of the best and most consistent offensive lines in the league. I quite enjoy the hijinks that ensue when Brady's O-line get's beaten and Brady has to speed up his clock. I would set the over under on sack fumbles at one for this game. It would be hard to imagine that Brady doesn't give up a sack fumble for a touchdown in this game.

Brady has had forever to throw with one of the best and most consistent offensive lines in the league. I quite enjoy the hijinks that ensue when Brady's O-line get's beaten and Brady has to speed up his clock. I would set the over under on sack fumbles at one for this game. It would be hard to imagine that Brady doesn't give up a sack fumble for a touchdown in this game.

Hope so, but JPP might have a concussion and the Giants secondary is terrible. We'll see!

With the way the Giants play run D, I expect the Pats to control tempo with their running game thus opening zones for their passing game. Pats' D plays better at home and will sack Eli a few times, just like the Giants may get to Brady a few times. I expect the Pats to win 24-17, along those lines.

Someone elsewhere on this forum pointed out that the Patriots have scored less points each game this season than the prior game (starting at 38 or so, now down to 17). Utterly bizarre but true. I don't particularly care if Brady gets punched in the mouth or not, but I'm delighted at the prospect of the Giants beating them and of that points trend continuing.

Brady started the season looking like a shoe-in MVP just as we were swallowing the reality of Peyton's situation. Perish the thought. I'm rooting for the Bills to win the east, and anyone else to take the MVP. This season is painful enough without "that".

Someone elsewhere on this forum pointed out that the Patriots have scored less points each game this season than the prior game (starting at 38 or so, now down to 17). Utterly bizarre but true. I don't particularly care if Brady gets punched in the mouth or not, but I'm delighted at the prospect of the Giants beating them and of that points trend continuing.

Brady started the season looking like a shoe-in MVP just as we were swallowing the reality of Peyton's situation. Perish the thought. I'm rooting for the Bills to win the east, and anyone else to take the MVP. This season is painful enough without "that".

yeah I noticed that interesting stat. lessee...9 games x -1 = 6pts by week 16.

I think are defense will be like the Giants next year except with slightly smaller and faster linebackers and better safeties. I don't know anything about the Giants safeties, I just know that Antoine Bethea is a beast FS and if we can pair him with a healthy Melvin Bullit or a Ray Ray Armstrong then we will be set.

Contrary to what most people think, but I have a feeling that the colts defense has the potential to be incredible next year. If we draft properly, what's not to like about adding a dominant DT to the D-line rotation in Brandon Thompson and a talented CB in Morris Claiborne to solidify the secondary. Maybe even adding an athletic SS in Ray Ray Armstrong, but I think that Bullit will come back and start at the beginning of the season. We could even add a solid OLB if Conner can't improve in coverage. We could find a great 3rd CB in this draft too. It just depends on if we draft correctly and I think that Bill Polian has got what it takes.

Edited by Ramblinwreck7

While I am rooting for the Giants mainly because of Eli, It obviously would not surprise me if the Patriots won. Brady is still a very good quarterback but it was odd that in the Cowboys game he looked like he was in the zone even in that late game drive, he had poise, was really commanding the offense. In the Steelers game it was a lot of dink and dunk passes, missing a few throws and didn't look too confident. I think he will still have a good game but I don't think it will be an easy one. The Giants got healthy at the right time and if Roethlisberger tore apart that Pats secondary, should be no problem for Eli.

Bullit probably won't be back next year. He was decent at best. Not starter ss material though. I think the guys we have caldwell and lefeged are better imo. And even they arent all that great (yet, hopefully they will). I also dont think drafting a rookie ss like ray ray armstrong will help us much either next year. Maybe in later years, but not as a rookie. Personally i think mark barron is a better safety.

Bullit probably won't be back next year. He was decent at best. Not starter ss material though. I think the guys we have caldwell and lefeged are better imo. And even they arent all that great (yet, hopefully they will). I also dont think drafting a rookie ss like ray ray armstrong will help us much either next year. Maybe in later years, but not as a rookie. Personally i think mark barron is a better safety.

There is no way that David Caldwell or Joe Lefeged are better than Melvin Bullit as of right now, there's a reason that our pass defense is so bad and CB is not the only problem, it's SS too.

That's fine if you like Mark Barron better than Ray Ray Armstrong, I really like him too. It's just from what I've read so far that Armstrong has a higher upside than Barron, but I read that last year when they were saying that Barron was not a top SS prospect. I like both guys and would love to have either of them on the colts.

And by the way, if you say that Caldwell and Lefeged are better than Bullit, while they are both undrafted rookies, then why wouldn't a rookie in Ray Ray Armstrong who is more talented be an upgrade at SS?

Edited by Ramblinwreck7

There is no way that David Caldwell or Joe Lefeged are better than Melvin Bullit as of right now, there's a reason that our pass defense is so bad and CB is not the only problem, it's SS too.

That's fine if you like Mark Barron better than Ray Ray Armstrong, I really like him too. It's just from what I've read so far that Armstrong has a higher upside than Barron, but I read that last year when they were saying that Barron was not a top SS prospect. I like both guys and would love to have either of them on the colts.

And by the way, if you say that Caldwell and Lefeged are better than Bullit, while they are both undrafted rookies, then why wouldn't a rookie in Ray Ray Armstrong who is more talented be an upgrade at SS?

The Giants defense does lead the league in sacks if I remember correctly. It'll be interesting to see how it goes. Strong pass rush vs. strong O-line

Should be an interesting game and good matchup

per FO NYG rank 4th in sacks

their D line ranks 12th (15th in pass and 8th in run)

29th in pass protection.

While NE Oline is 1st in pass protection and 1st in run block.

Indy's Oline is actually 7th.

There's no way the Pats lose this back-to-back games, especially with New England playing at home. Also, New York is coming off a close low-scoring win against Miami... MIAMI! The Pats should win this one, easily. Belichick will have them prepared like crazy, and no doubt blasted his boys over last week's embarrassing loss.

Edited by ReMeDy

It would make me smile to see the Pats loose twice in a row. Their defense is terrible. Without Brady, they would be in our situation right now.

Oh.. and I see Pats killing the Giants 42-17 today

Edited by ManningToCollie

Because he will be a rookie and will not make much of an impact in his first year... Melvin bullit isnt that great man, we definitely need an upgrade at SS. And imo lefeged has a higher upside...

Without Brady, they would be in our situation right now.

11-5. Although the team they have now isn't as good as that year.

Still, with that offensive line/absurd time to throw and decent special teams they'd finish 9-7 at worst unless Welker went down as well. Without Welker and Brady they'd be in deep doo doo/ lucky to break .500

The Pats have a bad defense, but we have an atrocious team from head to toe.

By the way the Giants/Patriots game is a defensive slug fest. Both offenses are shooting themselves in the foot. Both defenses are pressuring the QB.

Ghost missed a 27 yard field goal to end the half at 0-0.

yeah and made us scoreless in the first half for the first time since 2006.

Gottta love a good defense game tho.

Ouch 2 picks already

still if it comes down to a TD or less with a couple mins left Brady is a god in that situation

He threw it right to a Giants defender which would have been a pick six if he held on. Brady does not handle pressure well at ALL when teams beat his absurd line. Plus the G-men have done a decent job at shutting down Welker or at least slowing him down. Welker does have a few catches - one of which was a sick low grab I'm amazed wasn't another INT.

Still, it's a close game and the Patriots can get back in it. Eli hasn't handled pressure well all night long either and could easily toss an INT or fumble.

Edited by Moose Of Woe

Giants' pass rush has vanished. Welker is having another field day.

This one is going down to the wire. Either double Welker or bring everybody against Brady. If they don't do either the G-men will give up a TD and lose.

Edit: Yup. And there it is. They got away from what was working/played conservative and gave TB all day to throw.

The Giants won't get in to FG range. If anything Eli will throw an INT.

Edited by Moose Of Woe