Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Speaks To Media/says Healing Is Slow Going. (Merge)

Peyton and Eli fan

pwilson24 Phillip B Wilson

#Colts QB Peyton Manning spoke today, two months from surgery, next checkpoint with docs is Dec. 1. Declined to divulge how he is coming.

#Colts' Manning on Dec. 1 check-up: “I just can’t give a prediction of where I’m going to be. I don’t think anybody really can."

#Colts' Manning said he knew when he signed contract he wasn't healthy, he wanted deal to include escape clause, in case he didn't heal.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I hope not, he has no business in a NFL game with only 17 days of prep and conditioning.

You're assuming he hasn't been cleared to run this month..

He's just got to get his arm in shape/..

..He's not Tim Tebow..he doesnt have to get ready to get creamed 12 times.

Whenever anyone plays, they risk injury.

I believe we obcess more about the risks than they do...

He needs to play for himself and we need to see if he's game- OK...

they are telling us it will happen..

Here's the full write up. Apparently the fusion still hasn't taken place...

http://www.indystar....ess-going-slow-

P & E..

To be totally honest...He didnt say anything here. He was apparently told be would not be cleared for anything on Nov.1

'Fusion' (which I'm assuming is the re-solidfication of his vertebrae) is supposed to take place between 2 and 3 months.

Until then..he doesn't know...anything...and is a little embarassed about discussing it

If fusion hasnt occured on Dec.1 ...THEN we have a major problem...

As uncertain as Peyton sounded in that statement....I think its safe to say that we can't say anything definitive about his situation here without sounding like complete fools. We can hope for what we want....but any concrete statements made here are absolute rubbish.

I was happy to hear that he and the club sound 100% in sync as far as the business end of this lousy set of circumstances. And Peyton has proven himself again to be the polar opposite of the typical "me first" professional athlete.

Whatever the outcome....THAT is as valuable as what he's done on the field, IMO.

You're assuming he hasn't been cleared to run this month..

He's just got to get his arm in shape/..

..He's not Tim Tebow..he doesnt have to get ready to get creamed 12 times.

Whenever anyone plays, they risk injury.

I believe we obcess more about the risks than they do...

He needs to play for himself and we need to see if he's game- OK...

they are telling us it will happen..

He won't see any game time this year. The Colts haven't IR'd him because they hope that he will be able to practice at some point. They can gauge enough of what they will need to know about him from that. No need to put him in a game.

As uncertain as Peyton sounded in that statement....I think its safe to say that we can't say anything definitive about his situation here without sounding like complete fools. We can hope for what we want....but any concrete statements made here are absolute rubbish.

I was happy to hear that he and the club sound 100% in sync as far as the business end of this lousy set of circumstances. And Peyton has proven himself again to be the polar opposite of the typical "me first" professional athlete.

Whatever the outcome....THAT is as valuable as what he's done on the field, IMO.

Great post and you're 100% right. :)

Kind of good news. I don't want him forcing the issue. We're done for the season. Let's take our 0-16 record (or whatever) and ride into the sunset.

But if he can't practice this season, and he really is done, knock on wood, and we don't pick up on the option, we're going to be riding that losing record into the sunset until his deal no longer hampers us, which will be quite a while. I agree, he doesn't need to play in any games, but the team needs to see whatever he can do to decide what the best course of action is.

The fact the healing is going slow yet again doesn't paint a pretty picture in my mind. It's certainly starting to appear this is an injury that may never fully heal.

So that worst case scenario, we pay Peyton 28 million, not really knowing where he's at and let Luck sit, no questions asked that's how this goes down? I'd like to see the F.O be a bit more creative than that honestly

You've just explained why we play Manning in December if he's cleared. Even if its one game.

We need to see him play BEFORE the draft..

Unless he becomes a wall street protester..we're not going to not pay him next year under any circumstances..

You've just explained why we play Manning in December if he's cleared. Even if its one game.

We need to see him play BEFORE the draft..

Unless he becomes a wall street protester..we're not going to not pay him next year under any circumstances..

He will not be playing this season. No amount of wishing and hoping is gonna change that.

THis isnt bad news..it isnt news at all

the doctors said: 3 months before he's cleared to throw..

..the worst case scenario is that he never practices,.we waste the No.1 on Luck.

Peyton's healthy in 2012 and we're * as Luck sits and our defense gets beaten like a dusty rug

Why does using the No. 1 pick on Luck = a bad defense next year? It's just 1 pick?

Nothing has changed. If he's cleared on Dec.1 as expected

he'll play in the final home games..

They've said as much but we arent listening..

You provide me 1 link where it says he'll play in dec. Just 1. And what makes you think he's expected to be cleared next month? That was nothing but a guesstimation on the doctors part just as any injury is a guessing game.

Aspirations to play again this year?

“Sure, Rich. I miss playing, I really do. If I were to get cleared to play and felt good enough to play, the doctor said it was OK, yeah, I would absolutely love to because that’s how I’m wired. That’s my job and I miss not being able to do my job. Once again, that’s another prediction type of question. I just can’t really give you that answer as to where I am. In December, I can probably give you a more realistic answer with four games left. But, sure, would I like to? Absolutely, whether it was one game, two games or a couple plays. I miss playing. When you’ve done something all your career and most your sports life you’ve always played, when the doctor says you can go play again, sure, I would like to do that. But it’s really hard to predict what the situation will be come December.”

0-8 team not going to playoffs …

“I don’t know, is it mathematically official yet?”

OK, probably not going to the playoffs …

“I know a lot of people like to provide their thoughts and they say, ‘Wow, he’d be crazy to do that.’ But this is all new to me. This is my first time dealing with it. All I know is I like playing. I enjoy being out there. I miss being out there in the huddle. When I’m on that sideline looking out at the huddle, even though I’m probably just 25 yards from the huddle, it feels like I’m a million miles away. To all of a sudden have a chance to be back out there, sure I’d like to do it. Any natural competitor, any player that’s been through injury would tell you the same thing. I’m no different. We’ll just see what the situation will be come next month.”

All the reports said that this could take more than 4 months to recover and that the recovery and the nerve regeneration weren't necessarily the same thing. I'm not shocked that he's not better yet. The speculation on his ability to ever return is just that speculation. The contract issue is probably more pressing than his odd's of being able to play again for the Colts.

He cannot go from this today

to playing in 4 weeks.

But Maureen.

Thats what they told us in September...3 months.

Did anybody expect him to be cleared from practice after 2 months..

You can be pessimistic...but nothing said today is new.

(I understand why Peyton doesnt talk about this a lot.)

You provide me 1 link where it says he'll play in dec. Just 1. And what makes you think he's expected to be cleared next month? That was nothing but a guesstimation on the doctors part just as any injury is a guessing game.

Balzer..

Polin said if he's cleared on Dec.1 ..he'll practice and may play...

His words...

I'm optimistic