Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Johnny Manziel measures in at 5 ft 11" 207 lbs.

Go to google images and rule in Wilson and then Manziel......they are built completely different. Manziel has probably been drinking protein shakes and porterhouses for two months to bulk up to 207.

Yep. If Russell Wilson and Johnny Manziel weigh the same, Wilson must really be about 5'9".

Of course,Wilson may have bulked up and weighs more now. It would be interesting to compare college photos and Wilson's combine numbers to see what they looked like at the same point in their careers.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. If Russell Wilson and Johnny Manziel weigh the same, Wilson must really be about 5'9".Of course,Wilson may have bulked up and weighs more now. It would be interesting to compare college photos and Wilson's combine numbers to see what they looked like at the same point in their careers.

Yeah, I think Wilson has added a few LBS since college...he is pretty burly up top.

Problem is that if you are already expected to be a top pick you can't really do anything but hurt yourself by doing something like that. At this point the only thing people are looking for in these QB's is reasons NOT to draft them high. The game film gives them reasons to draft them high.

Honestly I think the NFL should just make it mandatory unless you are injured to do all of the events. That way it takes this sort of thing out of the hands of the agents who understandably don't want to see their players do something that can't help them.

its impossible to make it mandatory.

Read Manziel wasn't throwing at Pro day either.Must think very highly of himself.Problem is do the GMs.

Are you serious? Johnny has to throw at his Pro Day. I'm not doubting you Jay. I just can't believe that Manziel would refuse to throw at both the Combine & at college. No QB is that darn good. Wow...

I don't need to, 207 is 207, an official measurement. Now taking shots at how he got to it is what I am sensing as an obvious bias against him.

We will see how things unfold as he plays in the pros. I am sensing the same vibe out here on this forum with Manziel that I sensed with Cam Newton before the draft, anything to tear him down. I am calling it like I see it. Like I said, Manziel won't be a torch bearer or someone that carries a franchise on his back like a Brady or Peyton but give him good support like Big Ben or RW, he will make you a contender.

Not all players are built the same who have the same weight

See I'm not sure I buy into this.  Can you name me an instance where over the long run the best QB out of a draft class wasn't also the most NFL ready guy?  

The only time I can think of is MAYBE Aaron Rodgers over Alex Smith in the 2005 draft.  And even then I'm not sure if anyone was saying that Smith was more NFL ready then Rodgers, it just turned out that Rodgers landed in a situation where he had to sit a few years.

Rg3

its impossible to make it mandatory.

Why is it impossible

Couldn't they say do all the drills or go home? Also as part of the combine you have to go through physicals and all that X-rays etc, (my papa was director of radiology for Methodist and used to help run and organize this part of the combine) as he said it "teams Are looking at these players like a piece of meat they are about to invest millions of dollars into, the players lie about their health ALL the time we ask about their injuries and they say they've never had any injuries/surgeries and then they come up with pins in their hands and fingers and screws in their knees etc." if they can make them take a physical at the combine that they may not want to take then they could mandate some drills, but it would probably just damage the turnout the combine gets because people wouldn't go to lose stock like clowney/Adrian Peterson prospects that know they are going very high overall

Rg3

RG3 wasn't the most NFL ready guy.  He was schemed into being effective his first year and broken to pieces the same year.  

The year after he couldn't do anything.  Defenses adjusted, kept him in the pocket, shut down the read option and his stats didn't look so good when he wasn't throwing the screen 50% of the time.  

RG3 wasn't the most NFL ready guy.  He was schemed into being effective his first year and broken to pieces the same year.  

The year after he couldn't do anything.  Defenses adjusted, kept him in the pocket, shut down the read option and his stats didn't look so good when he wasn't throwing the screen 50% of the time.

I was being sarcastic and supporting whoever a point. Luck was assumed to be the most nfl ready qb and I was joking saying rg3-13 was still better even though Luck was more nfl ready.

I was being sarcastic and supporting whoever a point. Luck was assumed to be the most nfl ready qb and I was joking saying rg3-13 was still better even though Luck was more nfl ready.

There was actually a time I was thinking RG3 was more of a leader than Andrew Luck coming out of college.  His military brat background, well spoken, intelligent.  I had thought Luck seemed arrogant.  (I did not obviously see enough of him to know better.)

As we got closer to the draft I heard Luck speak more and saw how big, strong and fast he was.  He was goofy like a young Peyton Manning...he was in my mind at that point he would be and Indianapolis Colt.

I know there are a lot of RG3 'dislikers' (:)) on this forum.  If he gets healthy...with his new coach.  He will be worth the price of admission week in and week out!  Mark my word.

There was actually a time I was thinking RG3 was more of a leader than Andrew Luck coming out of college.  His military brat background, well spoken, intelligent.  I had thought Luck seemed arrogant.  (I did not obviously see enough of him to know better.)

As we got closer to the draft I heard Luck speak more and saw how big, strong and fast he was.  He was goofy like a young Peyton Manning...he was in my mind at that point he would be and Indianapolis Colt.

I know there are a lot of RG3 'dislikers' (:)) on this forum.  If he gets healthy...with his new coach.  He will be worth the price of admission week in and week out!  Mark my word.

Rg3 got a little too big for his briches. Claiming to run the organization in Washington come on! The kid has talent but as you stated the question is health. Will he ever be able to stay healthy consistently enough to compete at a high level? Right now the answer seems to be no.

Rg3 got a little too big for his briches. Claiming to run the organization in Washington come on! The kid has talent but as you stated the question is health. Will he ever be able to stay healthy consistently enough to compete at a high level? Right now the answer seems to be no.

His actions in Washington caught me a little off guard.  My guess is it caught the Redskin front office and coaches off guard as well.  And of course you lose some of your teammates as well.  Not good when you think you ARE the organization...

His actions in Washington caught me a little off guard.  My guess is it caught the Redskin front office and coaches off guard as well.  And of course you lose some of your teammates as well.  Not good when you think you ARE the organization...

I was surprised at it too.  I didn't think he was as good as Luck but he seemed like a mature player.  But in his 2nd season he sounded like he became extremely immature.  

Why is it impossible

Couldn't they say do all the drills or go home? Also as part of the combine you have to go through physicals and all that X-rays etc, (my papa was director of radiology for Methodist and used to help run and organize this part of the combine) as he said it "teams Are looking at these players like a piece of meat they are about to invest millions of dollars into, the players lie about their health ALL the time we ask about their injuries and they say they've never had any injuries/surgeries and then they come up with pins in their hands and fingers and screws in their knees etc." if they can make them take a physical at the combine that they may not want to take then they could mandate some drills, but it would probably just damage the turnout the combine gets because people wouldn't go to lose stock like clowney/Adrian Peterson prospects that know they are going very high overall

the big time prospects would stop showing up. Everything that needs to be seen can be seen at pro days.