Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A Scouts Take On The Colts

krunk

These mental midgets have no idea what they are talking about.

It is a bit disappointing with what Grigson did in Free Agency. I know he had to spread the wealth around, but why not have signed another top OG instead of Walden?

I seriously cannot take another year of bad offensive line. I think if we see that again Grigson should be sent packing.  If the OLine is better, it helps Luck, it helps Richardson, it helps control the clock, and it ultimately helps the defense.

I just mentioned him as one and yes, I think he is an expert and highly regarded for his opinions. Mel Kipper also didn't like the Colts pick of Werner but then, besides Indy fans, who did?

King is not an expert and is not highly regarded for his opinions. He writes a column every Monday that has entertainment value...that's about it.

Definitely mine. If you believe that you are ahead of him, well everyone has ego control problems once in a while. Some have them all of the time.

I don't much about football, but it will put my knowledge of the game against Peter King anytime. The guy enjoys football and has a journalism degree....big deal. He rarely gives you anything insightful like ex players/coaches/front office types do. If I have access to people like that, why would I listen to a glorified fan like Peter King?

I don't much about football, but it will put my knowledge of the game against Peter King anytime. The guy enjoys football and has a journalism degree....big deal. He rarely gives you anything insightful like ex players/coaches/front office types do. If I have access to people like that, why would I listen to a glorified fan like Peter King?

I think you would be surprised at how many ex-players, coaches and front office types listen to Peter King. Yes, he has a journalism degree and that is a big deal. If you listened to Peter more, you might not make as many absurd statements. I like Polian's comments too but he tends to be self-serving a bit. I also like John Clayton although he is more of a reporter than an analyst. I suppose you think Kipper is crap too. He didn't like that Werner pick at all. I hear people making a lot of excuses for Werner but if he didn't fit what was needed to be a starter immediately, why in the hell was he drafted in the first place? I think I can answer that, Grigson thought he would be a starter.

I think you would be surprised at how many ex-players, coaches and front office types listen to Peter King. Yes, he has a journalism degree and that is a big deal. If you listened to Peter more, you might not make as many absurd statements. I like Polian's comments too but he tends to be self-serving a bit. I also like John Clayton although he is more of a reporter than an analyst. I suppose you think Kipper is crap too. He didn't like that Werner pick at all. I hear people making a lot of excuses for Werner but if he didn't fit what was needed to be a starter immediately, why in the hell was he drafted in the first place? I think I can answer that, Grigson thought he would be a starter.

you really did just start watching football didnt you

Oh, please inform me of all the ex players and coaches that listen to peter king for his football insight. And you accuse me of making absurd statements. The above is just par for the course for you....unfortunately.

Definitely mine. If you believe that you are ahead of him, well everyone has ego control problems once in a while. Some have them all of the time.

This is ironic considering you are the one constantly bashing the FO for moves you don't like.

You have a familiar posting style. Did you used to post under a different name? 

You have a familiar posting style. Did you used to post under a different name? 

No, I am new here. I have been watching the Colts and Pacers for a long, long time. I used to watch the Pacers at the State Fair grounds. I wasn't aware that I had any style at all.... I love what the Colts and Pacers have done for Indy and what Indy has done for them over the years.

This is ironic considering you are the one constantly bashing the FO for moves you don't like.

That is not so. I thought the 2012 draft was great. I thought Werner was a terrible pick last year and I thought the Richardson trade would turn out very badly. I have liked a lot of what has been done. Hiring the new second in command is great. I like both of the players added but I have my doubts about the arena league player. The one from Canada could be a real coup. The arena guy is a low risk, high reward signing so I guess I like it to even if it doesn't amount to anything. The Pacers have been just about flawless in building their team and they will be a contender as long as Larry Bird stays around. That was one of most remarkable rebuilding jobs ever done and the Colts isn't far behind if at all.

Just because someone tells you something you don't want to hear doesn't mean you should just ignore him.  There are some legit points he raises.  Honestly most of us spent all year saying the only stars we had on defense was Freeman, Mathis, and Davis when he's on which is pretty much what this guy said about the defense.  This defense is still a bit in transition and frankly is made of up of guys who are pretty much what he said decent but not great.  They need more playmakers on defense. 

As for the offense we've been screaming for two years now the middle of the o-line is a mess.  He's not sure about the WR spot much like we aren't here.  We all have serious questions about runningback namely T-Rich.  I think we would agree the Colts strengths on offense at the moment are QB, TE, and OT.  You could argue WR if you are confident in the WR spot but there are those of us here who are not.  Even this guy pretty much said it's up in the air in terms of if the Colts do something there or not.

He highlighted the areas that the Colts need to get better at which is frankly what most of us have been saying on the forum rather than focusing on the areas they are already strong at. 

I agree with what he said...but on offense I think he is forgeting getting a promising Allen back makes a difference in both run and pass game. This year I'm not worried about WR but next year I would be when Reggie is gone.

Defense he is right on....SPENT TONS OF MONEY...and didn't get much to any bang for our buck....he is EXACTLY right. There isn't a pro bowl caliber player on that defense outside Mathis...not 1. So he is right....it is good enough against the lower level teams...competitive against middle pack...but very exploitable. Our two best defensive players Mathis and Redding are aging...and third and fourth are FAs....he is very right to the point. 1 thing he is missing....take a team like KC...who has 4-5 pro bowlers on that defense....and they are just as poor....and play similar to our level...feast on bad teams...disappear against better ones....pro bowlers don't make a great defense. Sure you can have your SEA, SF, CAR defenses but even without tons of pro bowl caliber players good schemes, coaching, and solid players can win you a lot of games...ask NE and NO...those defenses aren't elite...but definately played pretty good without a lot of stars if any. Now...to take the next step to winning a SB....yeah we need to see some transformations or hit on some signings.

meh. Should be better

And it's no big surprise that we have these holes. Just 3 years ago we had one of the most depleted rosters in the league and it showed with our 2-14 record. Andrew Luck, TY and reggie have been able to cover for our holes but this team should really be complete very soon. The monster is almost built. I say by the end of next offseason, we'll have on paper one of the best rosters in the league.

And it's no big surprise that we have these holes. Just 3 years ago we had one of the most depleted rosters in the league and it showed with our 2-14 record. Andrew Luck, TY and reggie have been able to cover for our holes but this team should really be complete very soon. The monster is almost built. I say by the end of next offseason, we'll have on paper one of the best rosters in the league.

time will tell