Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck is the best QB in the NFL?

bap1331

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His PFF grade put him around 13th and he was the 1st one on the list with a NEGATIVE grade in the passing column.
I was surprised it was negative but that just confirmed why i have been ripping him for his lack of accuracy, decision making and late throws the last 2 seasons.
 He has much to improve on and i am sure he will over the next 2-3 seasons.

Take a look at Trent Dilfer's career stats, his stats during his Super Bowl year, and his stats in the Super Bowl itself. Then compare them to Russell Wilson's stats in all of the above. Then hit yourself in the head for making such a knuckleheaded statement and vow to do better in the future.

We'll see if Wilson is legit when Seattle has to let a bunch of fa's go. Let's see how he does without a world beating defense and the best rb in the league. ( besides Peterson)

And Peyton Manning leading the most prolific offense of all time got blasted by a team led by that overrated second year QB. Not only did Seattle's defense spank Denver, Seattle's offense had their way with them with very little input by Lynch.

The Seahawks found a gem when they drafted Wilson. I'll bet they are a contending team every year with Wilson leading them.

My point is, the colts' success rests solely on the shoulders of andrew luck and he delivers. He's 2-0 against both Super Bowl teams from last year AND beat kaep and the niners. You're sorely mistaken if you think the Seahawks success depends on Wilson. He's a good quarterback, but to say he's better than luck because he won the Super Bowl? Come on man. You gonna try to say flacco is better than luck? I'd be willing to bet if you asked all 32 teams owners and general managers who they would pick to start a team around, all 32 would pick luck, and that includes Seattle. Could you imagine andrew luck on the Seahawks? Fuggetaboutit.

Sorry, but the claim that Russell Wilson carried less burden than most quarterbacks is also easily discredited. He had the burden of playing QB for a team expected to compete for a Super Bowl berth while playing in the toughest division in the NFL where even one more loss would have dropped the Seahawks to the Wild Card and three road games to get to the Super Bowl. He was also the most pressured QB in the league playing behind an OL decimated by injuries and without two of his top receivers (Harvin and Rice) for most of the season.

On the contrary, Wilson carried a remarkably heavy burden for a second-year quarterback and I doubt more than a small handful of QBs could have been as successful under the circumstances. Many people have no idea how bad the Seahawks' pass protection was most of the year, how many good defenses they faced featuring elite pass rushers, and how much difficulty his receivers had in gaining separation at times against quality secondaries, yet he still threw for 26 TDs, only 9 INTs, and had a quarterback rating of over 100.0. His coolness under pressure, accuracy, decision making, and ability to improvise and buy time are the reasons for his success despite being frequently under assault.

Half the quarterbacks could do that? Not a chance in hell.

Dude... No. Just no. He's good but not that good. Not better than luck, that's for sure. And saying Wilson's circumstances in Seattle were bad: that's just flat out wrong. Lol. Best defense in decades! If it weren't for sherm, the Seahawks wouldn't have made it to the Super Bowl. And the best rushing attack in the nfl! Yeah Wilson has it rough in Seattle man...

My point is, the colts' success rests solely on the shoulders of andrew luck and he delivers. He's 2-0 against both Super Bowl teams from last year AND beat kaep and the niners. You're sorely mistaken if you think the Seahawks success depends on Wilson. He's a good quarterback, but to say he's better than luck because he won the Super Bowl? Come on man. You gonna try to say flacco is better than luck? I'd be willing to bet if you asked all 32 teams owners and general managers who they would pick to start a team around, all 32 would pick luck, and that includes Seattle. Could you imagine andrew luck on the Seahawks? Fuggetaboutit.

Luck is 1-2 in the playoffs and has thrown 8 picks.  Not sure I'd call that "delivering."  Wilson is 4-1 and has thrown only one INT and that was on a last second desperation heave at the end of the Atlanta game in 2012, a game where he led the team from 20 down in the second half to take the lead with about 30 seconds left only to have the defense blow it.

One has delivered in the playoffs and one hasn't.  Wilson also has better regular season stats, for that matter.  Hell, he even had better stats than Luck his senior year in college, too.

Pete Carroll absolutely loves Russell Wilson.  There's no way that Seattle would pick Luck over Wilson today.  Not a chance.

With all due respect to Luck, who is a fine young quarterback, he's been the second best of his class so far.  Wilson and Luck both have a lot of football left to be played in their careers so we'll see how it eventually shakes out, but right now Wilson has the better stats, record, and a ring.

He didn't deliver in the playoffs.  

Season hasn't started yet so there isn't "the best quarterback" in the league right now. Last season it was Russell Wilson. You can call him a game manager all you want, but the 3 round QB made the plays. He has a SB victory before both RG3 and Luck. You have to respect each one of these guys though. They all have tremendous skills. I hope next season I can say our guy Andrew Luck is the best.

Andrew doesn't run the fastest. Andrew isn't the most agile. Andrew isn't the strongest. Andrew doesn't have the strongest arm. Andrew doesn't have the best touch. Andrew isn't the most accurate. Andrew isn't the most aware. So what makes him the best? Well, he balances those traits better than nearly everyone else. Andrew Luck and Cam Newton are hands down the most balanced quarterbacks in the league as far as athleticism, arm talent, and awareness. Once Peyton, Tom, Drew, and Aaron are out of the the league, Luck and Newton will be the elite. They might never be prototypical passers like those four, but the perfect balance those two have might make them more dangerous and better football players when it's all said in done. That being said, Rodgers is only 30, so Luck might have to wait a long time to take the spotlight. But as it stands right now, the elite is Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, and Aaron Rodgers. Luck and Cam are in the franchise player category. Below that you have the Tony Romos, Matt Ryans, and Philip Rivers'. Who knows where RGIII and Kaepernick fit yet, both are the best speedsters but neither have proved they can throw the ball well. Kaepernick wings it with zero arc, and Griffin can't throw it down the field unless he bombs it or dink n dunks; he can't hit mid routes.

Andrew doesn't run the fastest. Andrew isn't the most agile. Andrew isn't the strongest. Andrew doesn't have the strongest arm. Andrew doesn't have the best touch. Andrew isn't the most accurate. Andrew isn't the most aware. So what makes him the best? Well, he balances those traits better than nearly everyone else. Andrew Luck and Cam Newton are hands down the most balanced quarterbacks in the league as far as athleticism, arm talent, and awareness. Once Peyton, Tom, Drew, and Aaron are out of the the league, Luck and Newton will be the elite. They might never be prototypical passers like those four, but the perfect balance those two have might make them more dangerous and better football players when it's all said in done. That being said, Rodgers is only 30, so Luck might have to wait a long time to take the spotlight. But as it stands right now, the elite is Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, and Aaron Rodgers. Luck and Cam are in the franchise player category. Below that you have the Tony Romos, Matt Ryans, and Philip Rivers'. Who knows where RGIII and Kaepernick fit yet, both are the best speedsters but neither have proved they can throw the ball well. Kaepernick wings it with zero arc, and Griffin can't throw it down the field unless he bombs it or dink n dunks; he can't hit mid routes.

Wilson is already balancing all those traits.