Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Howard Mudd

chad hugo

while i was watching philly torch the cowboys, i noticed so many similarities between our O-line, when we had mudd, and theirs. They had excellent blocking up front, sole reason mccoy got 185 yards rushing. The man was great here, why did he leave ?

One would think that both he and Moore knew what Caldwell's abilities were and didn't want anything to do with it.

Mudd finally got things together. A couple of weeks ago when Vick was sacked for 100 times and got the concussion nobody were blaming their OL?

I will just wait and see.

Of course not, but these people don't see that.

They see only the negatives from the players and coaches we have. If they leave, they see only the positive in the same players and coaches. That allows them to always be right, in hindsight, and they can complain with lots of capital letters about everything.

while i was watching philly torch the cowboys, i noticed so many similarities between our O-line, when we had mudd, and theirs. They had excellent blocking up front, sole reason mccoy got 185 yards rushing. The man was great here, why did he leave ?

Vick was running for his life a lot. That line isn't that good, but Vick as a run threat kills teams and lets RBs get yardage too. It's like running the Wishbone/option/wild cat all at once.

Edited by GoGoColts

They see only the negatives from the players and coaches we have. If they leave, they see only the positive in the same players and coaches. That allows them to always be right, in hindsight, and they can complain with lots of capital letters about everything.

And people really compare our RBs with a talent like Shady? Come on, not even close...

I agree. I made a thread about this a while ago. Mudd left Indy and went to Philly, Philly's O-line plays brutal while Indy's is doing a better job of run blocking than before. The same could be said for Moore, the Jets offense is nothing special

............. I thought fans here said the colts oline was horrible???.... some ppl really have some short memories... howard mudd liked small guys and that was no longer working for the colts. he is a really good coach but the colts needed something different and so far it has panned out... WITH healthy players.

The O-line is actually playing very well given the circumstances (Colts). I think the biggest change in the success of the running game is related to the blocking scheme. You can't get push on the line when you are always starting in a pass blocking stance. The Colts simply won't commit to the run....mainly because we are playing from behind.

They retired in response to an NFL change in retirement. They needed to retire to have the best retirement deal as I recall.

So, they were officially retired but, still connected.

Don't know why that connection broke.

Nobody said a word

The Colts did not release any information concerning their departures. They left well after the change in NFL retirement rule for coaches and non player personnel. All these changes in the Colts organization (Anile leaving, Moore leaving and Mudd leaving) just happened to occur while the two Polians were busy consolidating their power within the organization.

I just wish all 3 Polians would announce that they are leaving the organization. Caldwell, too.