Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gary Kubiak is new Ravens' OC

chad72

Chad - I agree.

Wasnt he the OC when Broncos won the SB in 98?.

Yep.

4 out of 6 years that Kubiak has been the head coach, the Texans offense has been a top 10 offense. Their issue was that their D was a tad overrated when it came to playing real good QBs, IMO. This year though, Schaub wet his pants too early and too often.

Kubiak is more creative and adaptive than Caldwell is, so I am thinking the Ravens should thank the Detroit Lions for taking Caldwell away. :)

After a while, folks caught on to Caldwell's play calling and Flacco was actually pulling a Big Ben running around and making plays out of broken plays, IMO. I expect Flacco to have a rebound year.

I'm just amazed that Gary Kubiak found a OC job so quickly with such a quality organization like Baltimore. Usually, openings fill up fast & I figured that Gary would take some time off like Lovie Smith did after he was fired in Chicago. 

The Ravens OC & DC spots seem to be premium positions for HC vacancy hires 1 year later too. I wonder what team Gary will be coaching in 2015 or 2016? Hmmm...

Yes Chad72 & Shane, this is a great fit for Flacco & Rice no question.  :thmup:

We could use a good hire. Our offense stunk last year. Still have a lot of work to do

Right.

And we all know the only reason we stunk is because of Pep.

It couldn't possibly be because we lost, Wayne, Allen, Thomas,  Ballard,  Bradshaw,  TRich was poor, so was DHB, and the interior OL remained a weakness.   

Let's fire Pep after one year.    Thanks for that.....

Right.

And we all know the only reason we stunk is because of Pep.

It couldn't possibly be because we lost, Wayne, Allen, Thomas,  Ballard,  Bradshaw,  TRich was poor, so was DHB, and the interior OL remained a weakness.   

Let's fire Pep after one year.    Thanks for that.....

He's a ravens fan

This is a great hire. Ray Rice struggled last year and Kubiak offense is great for RB's. It also gives Flacco more time in the pocket with play action and bootlegs.

Kubiak is good at that. I wish Pep Hamilton would mix in a few more bootlegs for Luck a little more often just to keep opposing defenses honest, alert, & on their toes. 

Both John Elway & Jake Plummer could put on a PH.D. bootleg clinic on how to get the most yardage out of that play. It was a beautiful thing to watch. 

I just watched the Jim Harbaugh & Gary Kubiak press conference. 

"You always remember the guys [the competitors] who are a pain in the butt. The ones who give you the most trouble" [and that's who you hire 1st when they become available.] --Jim Harbaugh

I respect your candor Jim. If you can't beat em, hire them on your staff & start kicking caboose & taking names.  haha  Well played Baltimore. Well played.  :hat:

The best football organizations always swallow their pride & make the right call. That's why the Ravens are almost always in the Playoffs. A top tier football club without question. 

I just watched the Jim Harbaugh & Gary Kubiak press conference. 

"You always remember the guys [the competitors] who are a pain in the butt. The ones who give you the most trouble" [and that's who you hire 1st when they become available.] --Jim Harbaugh

I respect your candor Jim. If you can't beat em, hire them on your staff & start kicking caboose & taking names.  haha  Well played Baltimore. Well played.  :hat:

The best football organizations always swallow their pride & make the right call. That's why the Ravens are almost always in the Playoffs. A top tier football club without question. 

You mean John Harbaugh, right? :)