Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Senior Bowl / Shrine game weigh-in results

Zack Martin has short arms. Still one of my favorite offensive line prospects.

Actually, he doesn't have short arms...   One of your favorite players has very good measurements, except he's a little on the short side...

His arms are 34 3/8ths inches long....   that will be one of the longest measurments of any offensive lineman.   Anything longer than,  roughly 32.5 is considered acceptable...   obviously, the longer the better... 

Longer than 33,  very good.

Longer than 34,  very, very good...

Longer than 35,  great.

Longer than 36, is rare....   think DJ Fluker who I think was roughly 36 3/4, one of the longest arms lengths ever measured at the combine.

Martin is nearly 34.5....    that's great....  it will probably mean he's a tackle,  even thought he's shorter than desired...  he's only 6'4" 1/8.     Pros want at least 6'5"....   but the long arms will really help.    Now, he's just 305,  so another 5-6 pounds couldn't hurt...

Hopes this helps!      :thmup:

p.s. -- scroll down and you'll see Martin's measurement line, which includes a very long overall wingspan...

95 Zach Martin OT Notre Dame 6041 305 10    34 3/8 84 1/4

Aaron Donald DT and Dee Ford OLB really stood out at the Senior Bowl today. Both of those guys are fast and physical for their size.

Aaron Donald is awesome. I'd love to have him, but he doesn't fit our front. If we ran more hybrid fronts with more gapping, he'd be a game wrecker for us. I think he'll be better off in a traditional 4-3 front that uses an undertackle. 

Yeah i agree but if there was one guy i was sure on that's gonna be good, it's Aaron Donald.

Aaron Donald is awesome. I'd love to have him, but he doesn't fit our front. If we ran more hybrid fronts with more gapping, he'd be a game wrecker for us. I think he'll be better off in a traditional 4-3 front that uses an undertackle. 

It appears McCullers had himself a very disappointing week down at the senior bowl.......

Here's a mention from a story I linked in another thread.....

Tennessee DT Daniel McCullers:   If you watched him exclusively, you would not have seen him do much.  Yes, he can absorb double teams with his incredible mass, but he's not a playmaker.  At all.

Zack Martin has short arms. Still one of my favorite offensive line prospects.

OK.....

I don't know what happened....   the link to the senior bowl weigh-in and measurements show Martin at 34 3/8 inches for his arms.  That would be very, very good.   Excellent.

But, over on ESPN.com,  the folks at Scouts inc are now saying Martin's arms measured at 32 and a quarter.   That's basically the bare minimum for acceptable at tackle....

I'm assuming Scouts inc is correct,  but will wait to to see how the measurements read out at The Combine!

Sorry for the confusion.....     tough to figure out where the mix-up is?

OK.....

I don't know what happened.... the link to the senior bowl weigh-in and measurements show Martin at 34 3/8 inches for his arms. That would be very, very good. Excellent.

But, over on ESPN.com, the folks at Scouts inc are now saying Martin's arms measured at 32 and a quarter. That's basically the bare minimum for acceptable at tackle....

I'm assuming Scouts inc is correct, but will wait to to see how the measurements read out at The Combine!

Sorry for the confusion..... tough to figure out where the mix-up is?

It's fine. He had a great senior bowl and expect him to be a top 15-25 range pick.

I was reading about Donald.  based on the type of player he's described to be, you don't think he could split time with RJF at 3tech on the weak side and in the 4 man front of Nickel/Dime packages?  

I was reading about Donald.  based on the type of player he's described to be, you don't think he could split time with RJF at 3tech on the weak side and in the 4 man front of Nickel/Dime packages?  

He could, absolutely. I just think his biggest asset to any defense is his disruptiveness, and that would be reduced if we put him in our front. He really wouldn't be a full time player. I'd take a player like that in a later round, but Donald ought to be a first rounder. Even in the second round, I'd hope whoever we take can get more than a couple hundred snaps next year.

He could, absolutely. I just think his biggest asset to any defense is his disruptiveness, and that would be reduced if we put him in our front. He really wouldn't be a full time player. I'd take a player like that in a later round, but Donald ought to be a first rounder. Even in the second round, I'd hope whoever we take can get more than a couple hundred snaps next year.

I would think he would get a lot more than that though, even in a rotational role with RJF.  I'm looking at football outsiders and for the 2013 season (including playoffs), Ricardo Matthews had 428 defensive snaps and Moala had 497.  Granted they each got more snaps than they would have if RJF hadn't gotten hurt but that's still quite a bit.  

I think it all depends on what happens with both Moala and Matthews.  If neither of them are brought back then that would put quite a bit more value in taking a guy like Donald in the 2nd (if he were still on the board).  Of course it also depends on if they use FA to bring in a guy like Arthur Jones or Linval Joseph.  

I would think he would get a lot more than that though, even in a rotational role with RJF.  I'm looking at football outsiders and for the 2013 season (including playoffs), Ricardo Matthews had 428 defensive snaps and Moala had 497.  Granted they each got more snaps than they would have if RJF hadn't gotten hurt but that's still quite a bit.  

I think it all depends on what happens with both Moala and Matthews.  If neither of them are brought back then that would put quite a bit more value in taking a guy like Donald in the 2nd (if he were still on the board).  Of course it also depends on if they use FA to bring in a guy like Arthur Jones or Linval Joseph.  

Yeah, that's true. I was thinking of the snaps Hughes got this year, not the snaps Moala and Mathews got.

I'm looking more at Redding's eventual replacement. And there are plenty of guys who will fit that role in later rounds. But Donald is a different kind of player.

Yeah, that's true. I was thinking of the snaps Hughes got this year, not the snaps Moala and Mathews got.

I'm looking more at Redding's eventual replacement. And there are plenty of guys who will fit that role in later rounds. But Donald is a different kind of player.

Ah gotcha.  I see where you were going now.    I've liked a lot of what I've read about Deandre Coleman.