Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Scouting Dept

mirobi

This year will be huge. Remember when the first year when arians was here can't recall the scout that left and went to San Diego. the first year look who he bought in besides Luck, Fleener,Allen,TY. than look at this year who did we bring in that had a impact. no one except maybe thronton

great point. sd had a great draft with only 5 picks, 3 starters. maybe the colts should have promoted him instead of hiring grigson, but he was a polian guy and i think irsay didn't want polian people running things. what if polian promoted him instead of his son?

great point. sd had a great draft with only 5 picks, 3 starters. maybe the colts should have promoted him instead of hiring grigson, but he was a polian guy and i think irsay didn't want polian people running things. what if polian promoted him instead of his son?

That would have been a very smart move.

That would have been a very smart move.

Yes, Tom Telesco probably would not have been with the Chargers if Bill Polian did the right thing and promoted him to GM instead of his son Chris Polian.

Having said that, Ryan Grigson is a young aspiring GM that is on the rise and I have absolutely no complaints. Look at Dwayne Allen, Ryan Grigson believed in him despite what his numbers said and the only reason he dropped to the top of the 3rd was because of some slow timings.

Flash forward to one year later, Keenan Allen. Same thing. I just wish we had moved up to round 2 and gotten Keenan Allen.

My only concern is that with a weak division and plenty of wins to gain from that, we will be in draft purgatory with respect to first round draft picks, much like the Pacers, drafting more often at the top without having any down years.

Sometimes, I feel like that is how the Giants and Steelers unintentionally get it right, stink it up every couple of years to draft in the middle of the 1st round instead of the later 1st round and get the playmakers for the pass rush easier.

This year will be huge. Remember when the first year when arians was here can't recall the scout that left and went to San Diego. the first year look who he bought in besides Luck, Fleener,Allen,TY. than look at this year who did we bring in that had a impact. no one except maybe thronton

I like the part where having enough talent that you don't need to start mid-round draft picks is a bad thing.

Sometimes it takes more than one draft to make a big impact. What Grigson his first year was just incredible.

telesco was with the colts that first year. hopefully grigson can have more drafts like that one, but telesco at sd had a much better draft last year than grigson as of now. time will tell.

telesco was with the colts that first year. hopefully grigson can have more drafts like that one, but telesco at sd had a much better draft last year than grigson as of now. time will tell.

Maybe as of now, but not by much.. Fluker was ok, Allen was great, Te'o was bad.