Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

After this year, I don't think we will have another Peyton-Brady playoff meeting chance

chad72

Just my gut feeling that states that this might be the last year that Peyton and Brady get to face off in a playoff meeting.

For that reason, it would be nice to see another Peyton-Brady playoff matchup.

Lets see how things roll. Good luck to the Broncos!!!

Just my gut feeling that states that this might be the last year that Peyton and Brady get to face off in a playoff meeting.

I dont have any idea why...

Both NE and Denver return crucial injured players next season...both are playing well and uninjured

Its going to be hard for them NOT to meet

the pats and broncos will both be in the playoffs next year, and the year after

Why exactly?

Both teams will be in the playoffs until they decide to retire..

Maybe not another AFC Championship matchup, but I'm sure they will somehow meet again

Despite meeting 11 times in the regular season, they have met each other JUST 3 times in the playoffs for a total of 14 times. That is why I feel the odds will be low after this year.

That's a good point..as much as we talk about the matchup...its 2-1 for Brady..that;s it..

...and if the playoffs expand.....odds will be even more against it..

I just see both Denver and NE being better next season...for health reasons..

I'd like the reason to be that Denver doesn't make the playoffs because of a resurgent Charger's franchise.

Hate to remind y'all that there are more qbs in the game than Manning and Brady...

more qbs, yes. Those two are the best in the AFC at this point though

I don't really care "who the best of all time" ad nauseum is... I want my qb to be the best on the field TODAY, each game at a time.  the quarterback that does what needs to be done to win - whether that means throw 100 times or hand off to the RBs 50 times.  The guy who rallies his team to perform at their peak and shares the glory with every person that contributes.  One player does not win the game alone.

Brady typified that last night.  Including holding the kicks - doing whatever it took to win.

The rest of the football world is pretty tired of "legacy" talk - you guys don't see that because they're your guys. 

Brady is good.  Manning is good.  Rivers is good.  It's a team game.  Let's see who the best, most unified TEAM is today and then next week.

I don't really care "who the best of all time" ad nauseum is... I want my qb to be the best on the field TODAY, each game at a time.  the quarterback that does what needs to be done to win - whether that means throw 100 times or hand off to the RBs 50 times.  The guy who rallies his team to perform at their peak and shares the glory with every person that contributes.  One player does not win the game alone.

Brady typified that last night.  Including holding the kicks - doing whatever it took to win.

The rest of the football world is pretty tired of "legacy" talk - you guys don't see that because they're your guys. 

Brady is good.  Manning is good.  Rivers is good.  It's a team game.  Let's see who the best, most unified TEAM is today and then next week.

You're in that alternate universe again,  GAFT..

Brady and Manning are the two greatest QBs playing.....that's why their meetings are special 

I dont like the legacy talk either,....to be honest....Legacies to me are for retired players....

.....and their greatness obviously takes nothing away from other players....Rivers is Mr. 70%

But you have to admit that Tom Brady and Peyton Manning...rivals for over a decade and statistical giants both../.stand above the rest., right?

I'd like the reason to be that Denver doesn't make the playoffs because of a resurgent Charger's franchise.

Hate to remind y'all that there are more qbs in the game than Manning and Brady...

And yet the old guys still run the show.

After Peyton and Tom only Brees a Rodgers are close. And lets just say the guys being Rodgers and Brees are closer to them than Rodgers and Brees are to Manning and Brady.

That's a good point..as much as we talk about the matchup...its 2-1 for Brady..that;s it..

...and if the playoffs expand.....odds will be even more against it..

I just see both Denver and NE being better next season...for health reasons..

Yep, the odds will be stacked against higher seeds if they let in 7 teams from each conference.

Look, I can see the Chargers frankly winning the division in the future but as long as Peyton is there, I like the odds of the Broncos making the playoffs.

You have one of the smarter minds in Tom Telesco, our former head of scouting/football operations as your GM. I always felt, him, and not Chris Polian, should have been handed the keys to being GM by Bill Polian. But nepotism prevailed and the Colts paid for it with several failing drafts and the deck of cards came tumbling down when Peyton was not around for a year.

I can understand how you feel with Rivers not being included. But, with Peyton and Brady, there is a greater body of work year in and year out. Rivers can get there if he has another set of 3 or 4 consecutive years like this one but at this point, not yet. Regardless of how good the QB is, football is the ultimate team game. The better team is the one that wins on a given day, not the better QB or the better GM or resume.

I don't really care "who the best of all time" ad nauseum is... I want my qb to be the best on the field TODAY, each game at a time. the quarterback that does what needs to be done to win - whether that means throw 100 times or hand off to the RBs 50 times. The guy who rallies his team to perform at their peak and shares the glory with every person that contributes. One player does not win the game alone.

Brady typified that last night. Including holding the kicks - doing whatever it took to win.

Brady is good. Manning is good. Rivers is good. It's a team game. Let's see who the best, most unified TEAM is today and then next week.

rivers isn't in the same area code as Manning and Brady

It depends on both players' health (more for Manning obviously) but it would not surprise me to see them in the playoffs again in 2014, assuming both are back. And the Broncos-Pats are already on the schedule for the 2014 regular season. 

Brady should end up playing at least a year or two past Manning... younger and no surgically repaired vertebrae! 

I hope there will be one more game between them in the playoffs, but it is tough, they both should be in the playoffs next year, but with injuries, teams getting hot, one or both could get knocked out before they would meet . . . we'll have to wait and see . . .