Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Stanford Vs Usc

Susie Q

Just noticed that Stanford vs USC will be on National Television tonight at 8:00 pm. For Indy folks it's on WRTV 6.

I have never seen the guy (Luck) play so I guess I will try and watch the game. Now maybe I can see what everyone is talking about.

I know this isn't NFL related but since everyone is talking about Luck just thought I would post this.

Just noticed that Stanford vs USC will be on National Television tonight at 8:00 pm. For Indy folks it's on WRTV 6.

I have never seen the guy (Luck) play so I guess I will try and watch the game. Now maybe I can see what everyone is talking about.

I know this isn't NFL related but since everyone is talking about Luck just thought I would post this.

Wow...I owe ya one, Susie. I forgot all about this til now. Thanks so much!

I don't agree with Stanford's run approach. They should just let Luck throw it 80% of the time, like Manning does :P.

There was one play Luck was rolling to his left and he threw it near perfectly across his body into the endzone, but it was a few inches too low, so it didn't hit the receiver in the hands. Overall his throws look great. Trojans playing great defense though.

Stanford may lose. USC looks loose and pumped up. Not good. Luck was on the sideline loosening his guys up with a positive attitude, but it's not working. Meanwhile, Stanford keeps running the **** ball and going conservative, and it's just not working.

Edit: They're finally letting Andrew Luck loose and throwing it. Now all of a sudden the offense is getting reignited (no surprise). TD, 17-20. Luck just drove real easy on 'em.

Edited by ReMeDy

They should seriously just let Luck pass it 80% of the time. I know they want to take some load off of Luck, but they have to play the percentages and realize Luck is their best chance.

Standford just forced USC into a 3-and-out, so Stanford may have regained momentum.

Edit: OH MAN, BIG PLAY BY LUCK! Luck lined up at WR. He did a sweep. Using the wildcat, the HB pitches it back to Luck for a huge 50'ish yd pass.

Edited by ReMeDy

4th & 1 near the goalline. They may go for it. Bringing in the big boys. Luck obviously wants to go for it, but the coach may not want to to tie it up... And yup, they're going for a it. Goalline set... and they got the first down.

Edit: Luck drops back, hides the ball behind his back, fakes a hand-off to the HB with his other hand, totally sells the fake against the defense, then Luck runs it in himself up the gut on a QB delay. TD 24-20.

Edited by ReMeDy

Okay, Now I have probably a dumb question but how is it decided who is the number one player in the draft? :number1: I've always wondered so I thought I would ask. :thanks: for your answer in advance.

Just a :bump: to see if anyone can answer Susie's question.

I have an answer, but it would be an "uneducated" guess.

It helps if the person is a quarterback :). Arguably the best position to build a team around.

USC by the way scored. 24-27, 11:07 4th Q remaining. Now they're making a Peyton Manning reference to Andrew Luck... They're saying Luck dictates his own offense, acts a lot like Manning, etc. Now they're showing a CGI created slot machine that says "Luck Sweepstakes" at the top with the slots buzzing, lol! One of the two announcers had a nice laugh at seeing it. Indy is in front, with their 0-7 record, whereas Miami's bye means they're 0-6.

Trojans just sacked Luck on a big 3rd & down. Fun fact: So now Trojans have sacked Luck more in this one game than Luck has been sacked in all his last seven games. Great job by the Trojans.

At 6:45'ish, Luck ran a great bootleg, got around the corner for 8+ yards. The defender shoved him a bit after the play, but no penalty flag was thrown. Luck had a nice laugh about it, and pat the ref on the head. The ref and Luck shared a laugh together.

Edited by ReMeDy

Stanford's field goal kick is good. Tied 27-27 with 5'ish minutes. Sorry for any double posts, but the forum wont let me edit posts that are too old.

Edit: 3:48 minutes left. Still tied. Stanford with the ball. We're about to see how Luck does under pressure. On another note, the camera showed Mark Sanchez on the sidelines, celebrating his bye week from the Jets.

Edit #2: Uh oh... Luck just threw a pick-6 on a 3rd & 3. :( 3:08 left now, Standford has 2 timeouts. He threw to a WR to the far right, and the manned defender jumped the route for the pick. Luck may have trusted his receiver a little too much there. That is Luck's 4th interception of the season. We'll see if Luck can get revenge and tie it up.... Now Luck is going shotgun heavy, empty backfield. Luck is going all pass-happy now... Nothing but no-huddle, Luck directing tons of traffic.

Edited by ReMeDy

Oh wow, USC unnecessary roughness - hit a receiver up high to the helmet on a deep pass. There was nothing the defender could do though, due to momentum. The receiver had to leave the field due to injury. Luck is storming down-field, making it look easy (and lucky?)

Edited by ReMeDy

That was kind of an Austin Collie thing right there, albeit with less devastating results. Collie would always go low too.

TD! Running the ball in, they pounded it to tie the game up. We're going to OT (probably), 34-34, 30 secs left. In the second half, Luck is 16/22, 1 TD, 1 Int.

Edit: Uh oh, USC is near midfield. All timeouts left. They could still get a long FG... Now 12 seconds left, O-Line got away with a holding call, another big completion. Now they're at Stanford's 40'ish yd line... 9 secs left, 2 timeouts, still 40'ish yd line. 2nd & 10. Slight wind... Nope, they did not get into FG range. No time left. We're going to OT! (Oh man, they might add 1 sec to the clock on a review. Wow... We may see a long FG. For now, call on the field is overtime... Nope, nevermind, the head ref said their clock didn't go down to 0 secs properly when it should have, so they're saying there was a clock error and it should be overtime. End of discussion. USC's coach is upset, of course.)

Edited by ReMeDy

Wow, so in overtime, Stanford just drove down-field on a ton of run plays. Then on a 3rd & 1 they dove for it, and got it. Then punched it in two more times for the TD. Making it look easy, even without Luck. Since it's college overtime, now it's USC's chance to answer. They need to answer with a TD to go into 2nd overtime.

Edit: USC throws a touchdown pass! Going into 2nd overtime! What a game!!! It's now 41-41.

Edited by ReMeDy

USC, another touchdown. Now it's Stanford's chance to answer! HB stretches out for the touchdown. 41-48, USC leading.

lol this is ridiculous. I think Buffalo Wild WIngs is at work here...

Edit: Wow, Standford another touchdown! Luck just lobbed it up to his 6'8" 260lb TE and he made the catch... Now the teams have to go for 2-pts after every TD, since it's a 3rd overtime. 48-48.

Edit #2: Stanford punched it in for another TD in 3rd overtime. They made the 2-pt conversion off of a pass from Luck. 56-48, Stanford. Now USC has to answer with both a TD and 2-pt conversion. Mental and physical fatigue is clearly leaving its mark on the players. Lots of guys have their hands on their hips, yet the audience isn't about to leave. About 98% of the seats are filled...

Edited by ReMeDy

Wow, USC brought the ball to the 4-yd line on just the very first play. 1st & goal. They may answer. Unbelievable.

Oh nope, fumble in the endzone by the HB! Stanford wins it! Their win streak continues. Luck is hugging his coach, full of smiles. Luck runs to the fans and starts high-fiving some of them. This means USC cannot go to a bowl game, so this meant a lot to them. They look like they're ready to collapse from sadness and exhaustion.

Edited by ReMeDy